Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
FragEmAll

Battle Log Updated. We need to support our allies!

47 posts in this topic

Remember that while intra-factional battles (like Sorylians vs Terrans, your last big win) count for the end of year numbers, they are NOT included in the War Log graphic itself.  Only Kurak vs Zenian battles show up there, and it looks like the most recent games there saw the RSN beating the Sorylians, hence the War Log drop. 

I recall noticing last year when the final numbers came out that a Sorylian issue is that they seem to actually be most effective against Terrans and Aquans, which is...inconvenient for the war.  Though ironically and somewhat kind of cool, it actually matches their fluff perfectly--Terrans and Aquans are who they fought in the past, and given how "traditional" the species is setup as, it makes a great deal of fluff sense (not so much game sense) that their fleets would perform better against "familiar" enemies from their history.

That said, I still find the overall Sorylian numbers baffling :)  Relthoza too this year, but they've played remarkably few games for some reason.  At this point though I remain most concerned that some power creep crept into the Aquans and Directorate with the Overseers release which has popped their numbers too high.  *Hopefully* it's just opponents inexperienced with the new Aquan/Directorate tricks, but...

FragEmAll likes this

well in that case I will be seeking out Dindrenzi and Relthoza players next week. does the points level make a big difference to the log? apart from the BL points at stake.

I don't think so, except as you noted for the total BL available.  Its just a running average score--total (qualifying) BL points/total (qualifying) games

This definitely dis-incentivizes me from making time to play against my Aquan friend. I guess he'll need to wait until I finish one of my other fleets.

In the mean time I guess my Relthoza, works raptor, ba'kash; directorate, and Dindrenzi opponents should brace themselves.

(Yeah we have a lot more Zenian players around here)

Perhaps it's my fresh eyes or the fact I chose the Sorylians because of their tactics but I don't find them hard to play. I do admit they play differently than other fleets. I usually achieve wins or draws but invariably my fleet lists are completely lopsided compared to my opponents they tend to load up on T1s whereas I usually field the minimum T1s and load up on t2s and t3s.

Well as long as we are all cheerfully shooting apart Zenian scummers with massed scatter gun fire now then all is good :)

I have been playing other games *Cough, Cough, new Space marine codex* but we have 2 new Directorate players in our group, so will finally be able to do something other than set Terrans on fire.

Lets see how those Corporate bottom-feeders fare against my lovely gunships :D

I already posted this elsewhere. But my normal opponent and a dindrenzi. He recently picked up some RSN and now my battlelog is even worse : /

Last game we played it was 11 to -4 in his favour. I guess I just suck at playing the Sorylians. I played Russians quite a bit in Dystopians wars and they have a similar mechanic. But they seem to be far more durable than our lizards are.

I found - as I did with my Terrans - that Terrain NEEDS to be at 25%. The game was designed and play tested that way but all too often do we see pictures of scantily clad tables with little on.

Directorate and Dindrenzi have good range bands and decent AD, enough to hurt Sorylians early so without proper usage of terrain or shunt, it's an uphill battle.

In my meta/store we also usually fight to the death (and I hardly log any scores either because there are so many sometimes lol) and very rarely FSD out of the game - due to our British nature of fighting until the end I think ;-) We do get some very big skewed BL differences from this though.

Skyhawk and MPSwift like this

Playing to the last ship is a poor idea for Sorylians. Because the our ships and squadrons are designed to make it difficult to earn BL in the first place if we simply avoid losing Battlelog it's pretty easy to force a draw.

I really like that the BattleLog reflects the long term tactical value of surviving assets.

Alright we got an updated War Log and we're still in the bottom 3 fleets.

What are people struggling with? I don't want to shame anyone I seriously want to discuss tactics. Where are people losing Battle Log?

my issue is that I am playing against Terrans and Aquans...... I have 4 opponants at the gaming club who have Zenian fleets and for varying reasons we can't get a game :/

I am itching to get my hands on a Dindrenzi and hand him a jolly hard slapping!

Captain Frederic likes this

I haven't actually posted to the war log yet, should do it but I don't often record the final battle log. However the last 3 games I've played I've had the misfortune of one of my cruisers being insta killed by a double 1 crit, which in turn crits at least one of the other cruisers in the squadron.

All this at the beginning of turn 2 before they get to activate which really messes up the rest of my game.

I had the same almost the same type of misfortune yesterday: cruiser died to double "1", woubd two oh his comrades and double critted his last bro, killing him off too. Good thing, they already activated this turn and managed to filfill their role, though.

And eventually, I had a crushing victory against my Dindrenzi friend.

FragEmAll and Captain Frederic like this

We are still the bottom dog in the fight.  For the life of me I struggle to understand why. 

The Fact Aquans and Directorate have surged forward implies it may just be the lack of exposure from not having a starter box but it's still a bit depressing.  My impression from discussion on the forums and on Facebook are that Sorylians play consistently with my own experience as a solid force but we keep sucking mud in the War Log.

Same story as usual for me mate. Unfortunately pretty much all my gaming club are using Alliance of Kurak fleets. Just done a 24 hour charity event where I smacked one person for 17/-2 and another for 11/4. The problem is that they were Terran and Aquan fleets....

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.