Overread

Corinthian Club Chat!

175 posts in this topic

So if you've got your newsletter you've already heard of this, if not then chances are there will be a blog/news/website post about this soon.

For those who don't yet know its a new initiative by Spartan:

Cost £25 for 12 months membership

Membership perks -

1) 15% off all orders on Spartan shop - it says absolutely everything although I'm unsure if this includes established discounts on the spartan store that are already displayed (one would expect only one discount to be applied - whichever the greater it is); so be nice if someone from Spartan can address this question

2) 4 free gifts per year. Every 3 months a new rotation of gifts opens up.

This first months are :

a)Halo: Fleet Battles Commander Bust (choose your side!)

B) Planetfall Objective Markers

c) Firestorm Armada/ Taskforce Repair Station

d) Dystopian Wars Bunker (choose your nation choice)

e) Personalised Spartan Games coaster (add a name, game or force logo... your choice!)

d) Sandbag Scenery Set to be used in any game (previously unreleased item!)

f) Spartan Games Dice Bag and dice (only available in our Tournament Kits!

3) Exclusive, members-only discounts and deals throughout the year

Note - discount applies from the first purchase made in the month of March if you sign up now. So if you've already bought you just email spartan your order number to get refunded your 15%.

It's a very curious and bold move by Spartan to be directly rewarding and encouraging purchasing direct through their store and not just through their retail distribution channels. Far as I recall no other company does this long term, many do one or two short term periods like this that normally link in with major sales events (Black Friday) or conventions so its interesting to see Spartan doing this through the year.

My view is that the 4 gifts a year is more than enough to cover the £25 sign-up fee and that's without store discount.

If only our miserable Canadian dollar wasn't so...miserable. Right now it doesn't make sense ordering stuff from the online store from across the pond when local retailers sell for 20-30% off. It's actually cheaper to buy the whole new russian naval force from a FLGS than it is to just get the 7 individual new ships.  <_< 

Still, this is great for our European brethren. 

There is free shipping for orders over £100

Also I forgot to mention the freebies are sent with your next order and carry over slot to slot.

So say you don't order anything in Q1, but do order something in Q2 you will get your first and second gifts in that order; I suspect they might also have some means to send out gift without orders; however the intent of the scheme is clearly to get people ordering on their store .

I am very excited about this idea myself.  I think it is funny the company who shall not be named wants you to order a minimum of 100 GBP and you MIGHT get some free stuff from them in a contest, then Spartan turns around with this new club: 25 GBP a year , 15% off everything, free shipping if over 100 GBP, and you get a free gift every 3 months......I love you Spartan Games! 

I am curious if this stacks with Vanguard discounts as well.

durnekell2k likes this

Note the free shipping over £100 is on any order on the Spartan shop (most things seem to count, although I think there might be a few items that don't count for this as marked on their product page)

Also - Games Workshop - Games Workshop - Games Workshop - to say their name won't summon the devil nor anything bad. Omitting their name though only confuses those new to wargaming and sounds silly.

Also in all fairness to GW I don't think Privateer Press does anything like this either. Far as I know Spartan are the only ones doing something like this. In fact the scheme I would say is brand new to miniature wargaming market.

Note the free shipping over £100 is on any order on the Spartan shop (most things seem to count, although I think there might be a few items that don't count for this as marked on their product page)

Also - Games Workshop - Games Workshop - Games Workshop - to say their name won't summon the devil nor anything bad. Omitting their name though only confuses those new to wargaming and sounds silly.

Also in all fairness to GW I don't think Privateer Press does anything like this either. Far as I know Spartan are the only ones doing something like this. In fact the scheme I would say is brand new to miniature wargaming market.

Got to be careful saying it three times like that, or else a demon manifest itself and steals all your money.  It is the jest and running joke of it, plus a little Harry Potter fun, lighten up :P 

To bring people back to the Spartan store and give them a deal by doing so if a nice customer pat on the back.  As I talked about in another topic long ago, many retailers in my region (local and online) are so varied in what they will and will not bring carry for Spartan,and if they do, it is at an excessive mark up.  Now I can sit in the comfort of my own home, save money, and get freebies for doing so.  Winning!

Looks like an okay deal with the free models (providing the same value is offered throughout).

I too, would assume that the club discount is not cumulative with other discount promotions but I am ever hopeful for an even better deal.

I would have liked to see a lower free shipping threshold for club members too (£50?).

I was going to sign up but I'm in New Zealand and the Spartan store treated the membership like a physical item and tried to add postage! I will join when they fix this.

mrponders likes this

I would love to sign up and have tried to do so twice.

But as I live in Australia, the store wants to charge me six pounds for shipping a virtual product as it is the only thing in my cart.  I find that just a little offensive.

Otherwise I think it is a great initiative and incentive.

I have sent a message via Facebook but have not yet had a reply, hoping this post will be seen by someone from Spartan.

You guys in Canada should get prodding your new fancy presidente, that everyone loves apparently :P

Trying to change postage :o that needs to be sorted out jolly quickly :)

Is it not up on the store yet, if so where? :)

It sort of makes sense I guess...

Retailers are getting left behind more all the time, especially with some of the bigger games companies constantly using Kickstarter. The biggest fact is a lot of retailers simply won't stock new products or take punts anymore - unless it's a proper seller like X-Wing or something. However without retailers we'll start losing gaming spaces and tournaments, which is altogether bad too.

Now Spartan products are incredibly hard to stock due to the amount of systems they have and the price of the boxes for retailers. It makes ordering anything quite a pricey risk. What I'd like to see is 3 point of sale stands. One for Dystopian, Firestorm and Halo. They could carry a bit of everything from the systems so Patrol fleets, Core Helix, etc and it would just look altogether awesome. I know Bolt Action do this due to them having an incredibly big range however I don't think any company compares to Spartan for amount of boxes/units lol

Hi all, just a little up date on this - we are not intending to charge postage! Unfortunately the store did treat it like a physical item and was trying to charge postage, but I have now fixed this - sorry everyone! Anybody that purchased the membership and was charged postage, we will issue you a voucher code for the value of the postage you were charged.

Also unfortunately we can't let you stack discounts (we've got to eat!) so for any Vanguards out there, should you join the scheme, you'd continue to get 20% off, as we'd give you the higher discount.

Hope that clears up any confusion ^_^

Presidente likes this

The big problem ordering directly through the Spartan store for my group is that free postage is set at £100, compared to other retailers this is way way to high :(

For my group if we were to consider the club deal, this would have to come down to about £50, even if its included just in the club deal, it would be extra incentive :)

mrponders likes this

I 'ordered' it on the 11th, and it went live on the 15th. I also got my shipping refunded on the 15th. So I believe that was 3 business days? I still don't have the 15% refund from a March purchase, but that's not that concerning to me - I know it'll get sorted out. 

I "ordered" on the 15th, email came through on the 18th, now my account appears to have been deleted as I can not log in any more as my email is no longer recognized as having been registered.

So far, has not been the best experience.

My E-mail also not being recognised, although I can still sign in the the forums :wacko: Do I need to re-register? Or is the site still not fully operational yet?

if you still have your old order confirmation emails, check the Customer Number across the top.  My guess is that you will have multiple different customer numbers like I do.

seems to be related to when you sign in to place your order and possibly using PayPal to pay.  The multiple Customer Numbers appears to be the cause of the issue I am having.

I did pay using paypal, but only have 1 e-mail with a customer number (all my older ones have been deleted since). Still doesn't explain why we can't log into the store but can log into the forums. It seem to be my E-mail address that isn't being recognised. 

Edit: set up another account (same address, different password). The code for the gift appears to work, but no sign of the discount being applied. I went right to the last stage before purchase for both PP and debit card and it didn't show. Help!

I used PayPal also and everything worked out. I now even have my refund from a previous March purchase. Contact customer service and they'll get you sorted out quick!