Nazduruk_Bugzappa

Typo Reporting.

99 posts in this topic

This thread is to report typos in the new lists.

The French and Russian lists mention their battlegroups as being Japanese (cut/paste error)

The Cherbourg's forward lance should be a lance battery

The Aristotle's designation should match the other "wavelurker" hulls, and be classed as diving

The Aristotle's aft turret battery's fire arc needs fixing.

Hi guys,

Spartan Josh here, going forward I will be the official point of contact for Fleet Action queries and error reporting.

Good spots so far, they will be incorporated into the next round of ORBATs which will also include the armoured units.

Keep them coming!

Josh

sleeping_squirrel likes this

You also appear to be missing a number of older models - eg. the Ruler, Independence, Plato, Hussar. i.e. those that are not in any of the boxed sets at the moment.

I think that's because they're currently not available in any current boxed sets- and since DWFA's purpose seems to be getting new players into DW, new players are unlikely to have access to those models, and thus they will be a lower priority. I imagine that at best they'll have stats after all models in production have them.

The Plutarch HDD has a squadron size of exactly 3, but the Iceland starter box includes 4, which would make it impossible to field them all.

The Plutarch HDD has a squadron size of exactly 3, but the Iceland starter box includes 4, which would make it impossible to field them all.

It also means that if you want to use them in Dystopian Wars, you have to use undersized squadrons

Hi all,

Most of the older models can be used as their respective newer incarnations (ruler as Monarch, Reiver as Uhlan etc.). We will consider them again after the other ORBATs are finished but the generally available models are the priority.

Sanguinary Dan, not a typo, very intentional!

Plutarch squadron size should be 2-4, will be revised.

Also, there are some references to "Specalised Defences" that have snuck into the Prussian ORBAT. This should be read as "Security Posts" in all instances.

Josh

Not about Orbat but the rule book on page 30 third paragraph "All models in a squadron that intend to initiate a Boarding Assault must target the same model in a target model. This does not make sense is the intention to target the same model in a target Squadron?

Page 14 of the rule book states that bombing/attack runs are defended against by the target models Active Defence (shown as BLUE on the stats card). BLUE weapons include Torps, Boarding assaults and Bombing/Attack runs.

In the orbats Torps are shown in Blue, however Bombers are shown in RED should they not also be shown in BLUE?

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply, can you please look at my posting in the rule question forums under damage and disorder effects about fighter interceptions. I would be grateful if you could confirm how disorder markers affect fighter interception.

It does, the Attacker had a few to many weapons to fit comfortably in a fast play rules set (being the second smallest ship in fleet!) so we simplified it.

Josh

RoF - Saint-Malo Heavy BS: do all weapons really have prefix "Standard"? What would that mean is a huge amount of dice in front arct on LR and EF that even DN can not pull off. And indirect fire with 25 dice is scary.

Kapitan Montag likes this

Thanks to Spartan Beth back on the forum after the upgrade. 

Josh in case it is not on the fix list the Prussian Konigsberg is listed as having a rear facing turret but the model does not have won. 

With regard to the KOB I read your post that the Dreadnought and Heavy Battleship turret Prefix should be standard are the turret MARs changed from punishing to massed fire?

It was also raised that the Hood battle cruiser had no MARs listed as the revised lists are not available could you please let us know about this. I have another demo coming up and we are using battle cruisers as the second medium.

I had a demo of the game which I am really happy with but the question of turret batteries was raised by the KOB player as he consider it reduced flexibility. Could you please discuss the thoughts behind the use of turret batteries?

Hi all,

St, Malo definately is a Typo (sorry French fans!) it has been corrected in the new ORBAT.

Thanks for the spot on the Konigsberg, We have missed the fix window for the armoured ORBATS but it will be corrected in the next round when we add the aerial stats.

The KOB Turret MARs remain unchanged.

The Lord Hood has the Elite Crew MAR. This is the only MAR it is intended to have.

In all instances where their are several identical or similar weapon systems using the arcs they have been combine in Fleet Action to form batteries. This is help fulfil the objective of a simpler and faster game than regular Dystopian Wars as it cuts down on linking calculations, makes the stat sheets easier to interpret and too a degree cuts down the thinking time on what to shoot lots of different weapons at! Also it forms an important part of the numbers balancing for various models. As linking does not include halving or anything like that 4 separate turrets on the KOB battleship (for example) would need to have 5AD at PB to avoid their linked total being too high. With the relative DR in fleet action this would be unlikely to damage anything anyway so they would be combined.

Does that help?

Josh

New ORBATs are up with Typo corrections and Armoured stats!

Just to keep you all amused, we have deliberately hidden 4 new Typos in each ORBAT. So remember, the new ones are deliberate :-P

No I'm kidding, hopefully they are better this time round, but please keep up the good work of reporting anything you spot!

Josh

sleeping_squirrel likes this