Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
WestAustralian

WestAussie's Planetfall

246 posts in this topic

Well I resisted for ages, telling myself that FSA was enough. But then the Dindrenzi and Directorate Assault sets caught my eye. Chunky Tanks and Big Stompy Robots......

The Directorate are forming up as a full force. I have been preparing storage for a bunch of tanks, planes, infantry, etc. 

image.jpg

I have my colour scheme picked out. Now all I need is some time to prime. 

Fingers crossed for a dry weekend 

WA

Nice dude. You definitely won't regret taking the plunge as Planetfall is a most awesome game. As a fellow corporate exec I would recommend you get the Wraith Leviathan when you can. When I first saw the pics I was 'Meh'. But the actual model is something else. I look forward to seeing these painted. What's your colour scheme?

Thanks Barolde 

I am definitely felling 'meh' for the Wraith. Leviathans need to be Big Stompy Robots or Big Stompy Bugs/Lizards. Do you have any better shots of the Wraith?

I am very much into the painting side of miniatures games. I get very few opportunities to game. So it's mostly about the painting and the look of the miniatures. 

I have a kind of Blue Metal with Grey and Black scheme in mind. What colours is your corporation?

The forecast is not promising for priming though

I was merrily magnetising my turrets when I got to the Stalker, got the turret magnetised but was looking at the drone I wanted to be able to show it launched. 

So I magnetised it too

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also reinforced the flight peg hole with green stuff, and drilled it a bit too

WA

Skyhawk and tansalus like this

On 07/07/2016 at 11:59 PM, WestAustralian said:

Thanks Barolde 

I am definitely felling 'meh' for the Wraith. Leviathans need to be Big Stompy Robots or Big Stompy Bugs/Lizards. Do you have any better shots of the Wraith?

I am very much into the painting side of miniatures games. I get very few opportunities to game. So it's mostly about the painting and the look of the miniatures. 

I have a kind of Blue Metal with Grey and Black scheme in mind. What colours is your corporation?

The forecast is not promising for priming though

Looking forward to seeing your Colour scheme. Sounds interesting. I painted my core in dark red and grey. You can check them out under the Barolde's AAA Directorate post. I'll be posting pics of my Wraith there once I finish the painting it. If you like big chunky robots you will love our Assault Helix. 2 badass Accoster Robots. Think ED209 from Robocop.

WestAustralian likes this

What paint colors did you use to make this scheme? I think I might try something similar for my FSA Omnidyne.

They are a work in progress 

so far:

basecoat - army painter Gun Metal

ink - army painter Blue Tone

highlight - army painter Gun Metal, shining Silver and Plate Mail Metal

Other Panels

GW Alaitoc Blue - Lothern Blue - Baharroth Blue

GW Celesta Grey - White Scar

GW Black

I plan on getting Army Painter Matt Black for the Treds and Tyres 

weapons on vehicles will get different highlights too

image.jpg

thanks for looking

WA

I decided to paint my Works Raptor Crone allies in colours that match my Works Raptor Fleet

image.jpg

My Works Raptor are multi coloured so I plan on using the Green-Blue scheme on the Witches

For Reference, the Fleet

https://postimg.org/image/4t16i0euj/

Edited by WestAustralian
Barolde, tansalus, Skyhawk and 1 other like this

Directorate models are looking excellent!

I really like the camo pattern on the Valkyrie and even more so jungle looking base. Great job all around West!

WestAustralian likes this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.