Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
WestAustralian

WestAussie's Planetfall

246 posts in this topic

Thanks for the comments and likes. 

No @Skyhawk I paint parts of the Infantry bases with Textured Paint, then go for a mixed Grass/Stoney Dirt finish. 

I don't do Terrain Bases for Planetfall. Partly because of the smalls scale. Partly because of the breakablity of them (I have been hurt before) but mostly because I have so much PF it would take so much time and bits to do them all. 

For me it has always been about the Painting. I love the miniatures, the neat detail, the wonderful variety of styles. I also like the background and fluff, it makes the Models an Army and a Civilisation 

That's also why I am more vocal about getting the new miniatures than the new rules. The rules interest me but I will spend 40+ hours Painting to every hour Playing. 

tansalus and Voyager like this

I agree totally West. I spend quite a bit more time painting than I do playing games. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for some new models to paint!

WestAustralian likes this

On 7/31/2017 at 11:49 PM, WestAustralian said:

I have so much PF it would take so much time and bits to do them all. 

If i were to try planetfall it would probably take me forever to do them too. I would want to decorate the bases. In any case I can't wait to see them as a squad. 

I enjoy playing the game but I end up painting more than playing as well, so I know what you mean.  

tansalus likes this

@William Adama, thanks so much, you flatter me. 

@tansalus, as a collector with every Allied Helix I am really excited to see what they release next. Hopefully something this year. 

@Skyhawk, I know what you are saying. I had to make that decision coming into Plsnetfall. Do I go all out on each and every miniature. Or do I do a quick and satisfying turn around. I went for the later. On every model except Infantry I paint to achieve an acceptable result in an acceptable amount of time. 

So this week was a continuation of the Dindrenzi Infantry. Infantry are my weekness, I use far too many colours and spend too much time on them 

it was lots of work and lots of effort, but they are done now, and I am very happy with the result

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is is the incredible number of paints I use on my Dendrenzi Infantry

image.jpg

thanks for looking

likes and comments are treasured

WA

tansalus, Voyager, alamo and 1 other like this

Wow, I love those little guys! Excellent brushwork!

Sometimes it's faster and easier to use yet another colour right from the pot, than mix three others to paint a little spot in the desired colour. So I wouldn't be worried about the number of paints used. ;)

Thanks for the great comments guys. 

Nothing new painted for PF this week. Focused on painting for my FSA Pictorial Fiction (coming soon). With the Death of Communication from Spartan for Planetfall, I have not had the drive tho paint PF either. 

So how about a bunch of questionable quality pics of my various Infantry styles. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dindrenzi, Directorate, Terran and a single Relthoza base. 

Close ups

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Posting lots of pictures makes up for the lack of anything new right?

thanks for looking I hope you liked it

WA

Skyhawk, tansalus, Voyager and 1 other like this

:ooh wes, great shots of your minis.........just a question tho..........how did my minis end up on your table.........you cant believe how close our paint schemes are.

excellent job and love to see group shots. thank you:D

Thanks for the Likes and comments. 

Great minds think alike @alamo

not much to report this week, other than the fact that I am tired and in pain. It's been a rough month for me. Lots of physical exertion, not enough rest. It's also hard to push myself on PF when there is so little positive energy on the forums

Painting wise I have been so distracted by FSA. Particularly the Omnidyne. I have hardly touched Planetfall. 

I have started on these 

image.jpg

Base coated and washed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Picking out some of the panels.

I have to go, Thanks for looking, likes and comments are appreciated.

WA

Hi all,

a little interim post to show the gunships at an uglier stage. 

image.jpg

The first round of blue has been shaded to give me a better idea of how much blue I want. The second round of blue is done in base colour only. The red of the engines has no shading yet either. Black areas incomplete, white not started. I find a lot of the in progress work to be quite odd and I like how the model changes in the later stages. 

Thanks @alamo, I'm trying hard to get a life balance at the moment. Hoping for a restful weekend.

Thanks @tansalus. I am getting there. 

Thanks @clifford. There is a blue wash over the model. My Directorate has a black Primer spray, gun metal base coat spray, then a blue wash. I then clean up the metal with a brush gun metal.

Thanks @Frostphoenyx

Thanks everyone  for all the kind words and support.

WA

Looking WestAustralian!

I know the feeling about needing rest:blink:. Last saturday was family reunion. And this past Monday during the Solar eclipse my church was giving out free water and bibles in Sweetwater. I slept like a rock that evening.

tansalus and WestAustralian like this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.