Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
WestAustralian

WestAussie's Planetfall

246 posts in this topic

wes, your work is probably the main reaon i visit this forum.............love to see your progress thru all those models......very inspirational.

have a supa week:D

WestAustralian likes this

Thanks for the likes and comments everyone. 

I have been struggling with this update, picture hosting and uploads giving me grief. I will do my best, but it may be a bit chopped up. 

I cleaned and magnetised my Veydreth this week. 

I have been concentrating on the Dindrenzi Core. Many pictures in no particular order:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have also been putting some time into my markers

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for looking, now go try out the new STATS that @Spartan Derek has posted and put your game results in the Battle Report section. This is our game people, giving feedback now is better than whining when the game is released

Vedar, tansalus, fracas and 4 others like this

Cracking brush work mate! I really like the colour scheme. It feels coherent and is pleasant to look at. I like the weathering. Very nice!

Thanks guys. The Comments really help. 

First up I have the next marker

image.jpg

image.jpg

My Dindrenzi Core is done. The Heavy Tank took a lot of effort. I would pick some parts for colour, and then sit back. Over and over, it was not enough. I even went and revisited the light tanks by painting their weapons Orange/Yellow. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Dindrenzi Core is the First Core I have done Start to Finish without significant break. It nearly burnt me out. It was good that I had the Markers and FSA WR Frigates for change of colour. I look forward to seeing how this scheme goes on Bigger Dindrenzi units, like the Command and Walkers. But that will have to wait a bit, I need a Break from it
image.jpg

Next up up I am actually painting Infantry.... Directorate Infantry. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Infantry takes me ages, so let's see how far I get in a week

As always, thanks for looking

Likes, Liked and Comments Truely Appreciated 

WA

Skyhawk, Zeph, Voyager and 3 others like this

Excellent work West! I really like the Dindrenzi color scheme you came up with. Good luck with the infantry! They do quite a while to get painted but once done they are some of my favorite pieces.

Thanks so much for the likes and great comments. 

So actually quite good progress on the Directorate Infantry. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

But not much time spent on anything else. 

I have under coated my Veydreth Allies. I am really looking forward to their Core. Next step is a nice dark wash. Then I bring the colours up. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

thanks for looking

WA

Big_0, alamo, Skyhawk and 1 other like this

wes, they look great..................it looks like we both went for a similar scheme on dir. inf...lol:D. what are your color plans for the veydreth?

i havent done much paint time except for a sudan 1885 project, which i am currently plodding on.

Very nice indeed, glad to see you are still cracking on! I particularly like those tank destroyers :)

Thanks @alamo. Similar infantry you say, well great minds think alike. :) Which Force are you Deploying in Sudan? British?

the Veydreth will look something like this:

image.jpg

Super simple, low on Detail, Fast!

Just what I need after the labour of the Dindrenzi and Aquan. 

Thanks @cm284 the Tank Destroyers were great models to paint. 

Thanks for looking, I hope you like the mini update. 

WA

Voyager, Skyhawk, alamo and 3 others like this

Very nice work on the infantry and their bases.

Red and gold colour scheme for tanks is absolutely smashing! I can't wait to see all of the tanks painted. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

3 hours ago, WestAustralian said:

Which Force are you Deploying in Sudan? British?

great veydreth..................actually doing both sides.......finishing up 1st hadendowah unit this weekemd.:D

Great job! Infantry would take me forever to paint.......... Planetfall units in general would take me forever. I would be trying to make each base look like a miniature diorama.

Thank you all for your comments and likes, it encourages me to keep painting. 

A busy week for me, lots of work. Also I distracted myself with my FSA Corsair Racketeer Project. I added some parts of a Corsair Cruiser to a Works Raptor Ship to make a unique Corsair ship. It's under my FSA thread if you are interested. I am really happy with the result. 

This week for Planetfall I finished the final touches on my Directorate Infantry. They have their top coat too. 
image.jpg

image.jpg

My Veydreth have started to get their Wash. A slow process. It's ok the painting will go quicker. I also finished all their bases. 
image.jpg

My next Dindrenzi unit will be the Assault Walkers. Got them undercoated. 
image.jpg

This is some of the growing selection of Works In Progress
image.jpg

WA

wow, indeed busy......................great looking models...........glad you got the dir. inf finished. i had to go check my dir. box and make sure they were still there and not down under..............they look almost the same as yours.lol:D

Well @alamo, Allied Troops do use the same uniform and equipment. Even when deployed down under. :)

Maybe finishing the Veydreth next..Maybe 

I am going to try hard to work on my Dindrenzi Infantry as I paint the Walkers. I really should do the Assault tanks at the same time. But that's a lot to develop at once. So I will see how I go. 

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.