Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
LBPB

[Kickstarter] Dystopian World Expansion Kit

2,414 posts in this topic

Ice Maiden: 275mm... Thats an HUGE carrier... I envy you Prussians :D

(by the way, suppercarriers made of ice was actually tried to be made during WW2)

National books and some interesting toys... Looks fun!!!

Ye sad that the habbuk. (I know that spelling is off). Was given to be Prussians instead the brits/Canadians who actually tried it. 

LBPB likes this

All I know is this is exactly what I was looking for from Spartan.  I don't play Prussians, but I do like the campaign books and will love to work out the scenarios with my group.

I've already started the smack talk with my Blazing Suns players in regards to Singapore!

It all looks pretty cool, but you'll have to forgive me for not wanting to fund all of it. Faction book sounds great. I might be interested in new models for my CoA, but it seems moot when some perfectly good models are too terrible to see the field.

3 hours ago, BigB said:

All I know is this is exactly what I was looking for from Spartan.  I don't play Prussians, but I do like the campaign books and will love to work out the scenarios with my group.

I've already started the smack talk with my Blazing Suns players in regards to Singapore!

You will come at us the same old way and we will beat you the same old way! ( yes I know who said that )

That carrier is gonna be mine! its twice the length of my beloved Elbe. I wonder what its carrier value is going to be 12+? And those tesla coils on the prow look fierce.

So did everybody notice the other ship in the banner. Looks like a new heavy destroyer or medium for the PE with I think a calcification generator ( top turret).

I will have to look at whats offered in the kickstarter. given Spartan's tendency  to miss deadlines its gotta be a pretty sweet deal for me to pledge.

Sadly the campaign books sound exactly like what I did not want. I wanted more flexible and open campaign systems, not set forces re-enacting notable conflicts. It will be interesting to see how Dystopian Legions is tied in, especially with a Russian campaign. And whilst the core nation books are something I do want, it's not something I want to buy 7 times. I was hoping for a more grand, overall view of the Dystopian World.

A new two player set could be cool especially with such an impressive centre piece model, however for me there would have to be a large discount to justify me pledging via Kickstarter. As others have mentioned deadlines is an issue. Kickstarter is fundamentally about trust and to be honest I'm going to need the value for money to override my instincts.

Slick likes this

The announcement itself looks promising.

The rest will have to wait until we get the specifics from the campaign itself.  Assuming they meet the funding goals then the success or failure of the project from the fans/players perspective will come down to how well they know their capabilities going in.  This is one case where over estimating is probably the smartest thing to do, and if they can get it out earlier then all the better.   Fulfillment time is going to come down to how realistic they are, and something I think they should look at that I know others have done, is having "waves" of backer releases, so the people that get in first can get their models first, and even if they do have a lot more demand than they are anticipating they can still hit their deadlines. 

I.E. If they can fulfill 2,000 orders a month and they get 10,000 orders, everyone would be much happier if they know early backers will be getting their products in May but late backers won't get theirs until September than having everyone in the same "pool" and having either the entire fulfillment pushed back by 5 months while they get everything ready or having a 80% of the players being mad because some people got theirs on time and they are getting theirs late. 

Which is all about managing expectations.  Which I think seems to be Spartan's biggest trouble, that what the customers think should be going on and what Spartan thinks doesn't always match up and we don't know that or why things take longer than we expect.

They are giving us what (most) of us asked for, so I'm going to try to support them in that.  If I can will depend on a number of things, mostly how the rewards are broken down and how much flexibility there is in choosing what we want.  Right now, thanks to a lot going on with the family, I don't have much extra, I will probably have a hard time justifying more models (too many I haven't had a chance to paint yet), but I could probably justify some books, so long as the prices are reasonable.  I think that individually they should be reasonable (Spartan's prices generally are) but if I can't get just smaller parts without some large buy-in to start, I might not be able to pick up anything at all.

Really looking forward to seeing this launch and the various stretch goals etc! It seems that those surveys have helped them align more with peoples' wants for Dystopian at least!

I am on the fence with this one, I hope the content is compeling enough to bring players back to the game.

I very much doubt I will KS this, as a KoB player it does not look it holds anything for me.

Still progress, anything is better than nothing or giant colossal robots.

Sebenko likes this

So I've got to share a couple fun bits of info.  

1st those of you mentioning the other ship.  I think that's there for size comparison.    If that's what I think it it.....that is a large ship. Let's just say the Ice Maiden is freaking huge. :ph34r:

Secondly. I just heard some whispers about their proposed timeframes. I'm very surprised by how fast they want to push.  

So keep that fire lit.  I sure intend to through my actions. 

1 hour ago, Booboohamster said:

I am on the fence with this one, I hope the content is compeling enough to bring players back to the game.

I very much doubt I will KS this, as a KoB player it does not look it holds anything for me.

If the whole Singapore campaign is part of this kickstarter, then KoB vs EotBS will be a big thing.  But I have hopes and dreams still.

Please let the kickstarter prove me right.

Prussian ice ship just looks wrong for me, Russians should have the ice ship........

Looks like alliance nations get left out? maybe they should just be incorporated into major factions? saves peoples woeing for years wondering on never coming models or updates.

and from a lore point of view it doesn't even make sense, invade Russia with a ship made mostly of ice, but the Russians have generators that can melt ice.....sounds like a great idea:lol:

LBPB and Lord Nobody like this

30 minutes ago, Reacher said:

So I've got to share a couple fun bits of info.  

1st those of you mentioning the other ship.  I think that's there for size comparison.    If that's what I think it it.....that is a large ship. Let's just say the Ice Maiden is freaking huge. :ph34r:.

Well, the blog does say how big the Carrier is, 275mm (11 inches or nearly a foot long). So you don't need to be sneaky.

Although I also wonder how this will work. A friend told me that you just deploy it as normal, but with its back end on the edge of the table. No idea if that's right though.

I cant wait for that box to come out. It'll be the first time in a very long while that I'll preorder something from Spartan.

10 minutes ago, Presidente said:

Prussian ice ship just looks wrong for me, Russians should have the ice ship........

Looks like alliance nations get left out? maybe they should just be incorporated into major factions? saves peoples woeing for years wondering on never coming models or updates.

and from a lore point of view it doesn't even make sense, invade Russia with a ship made mostly of ice, but the Russians have generators that can melt ice.....sounds like a great idea:lol:

Neil, or whoever is in control of their Facebook page, has said that they want to concentrate on the Core-7 first before moving into the Alliance nations. However, looking a bit closer at the banner, the gunship seems to have a superstructure similar to that of the carrier - more rounded than the standard Prussian one. Indications of a Teutonic knight naval force?

As for the iceberg, you've got it the wrong way around - the Russians have the Glacier Generators, whilst the Prussians developed the Heat Streams - Fury Generators mounted on pontoons to keep the Navigational channels in Greenland free of ice. 

1 hour ago, Booboohamster said:

There is supposed to be a lot of background and campaign products, those should be good for players of every faction.

There is also a new line of ships for all of the core nations (and the groundwork for equivalent lines in alliance nations too).  The Frontlines Dispatch had the starting ideas for these new lines of ships, so as a KoB player you can safely assume your faction will be getting new models.

Since the Teutonic Order is behind the development of the new supercarrier, I also assume at least some of the alliance nations will get some attention right off.

There are currently only 2 things stopping me from jumping into this kickstarter

1- my work hours were recently cut to 6hrs per week, so we have a tight budget for the foreseeable future.

2-we have just sunk all of our current "spare" funds into assorted car expenses

1 hour ago, Presidente said:

It is what it is  a previous blog said they would focus heavy on the core 7 and then have a huge push with the minor nations.  Sorta like Phase 1 = core 7 and Phase 2 = alliance nations  

1 hour ago, Merlin said:

Well, the blog does say how big the Carrier is, 275mm (11 inches or nearly a foot long). So you don't need to be sneaky.

Although I also wonder how this will work. A friend told me that you just deploy it as normal, but with its back end on the edge of the table. No idea if that's right though.

Was being sneaky about the other ship.    And I have no ideas about how's it's played currently or its stats. Even putting on the beta hat doesn't help there. Though I've been told we should be seeing them really soon.  

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.