Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
LBPB

[Kickstarter] Dystopian World Expansion Kit

2,414 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nicius said:

So will the Prussians also be getti g an upgraded Tesla generator? 

Really like 2.5 so far. Can't wait for the new PE/STO orbat!

Also if you can @Spartan Mike and @Spartan Josh some spoilers about the Metzger and the Stolz!?

dont they already get a special boost for targeting a enemy that has a lightning rod with tesla?

I'm OK either way. Spartan is after all is said and done, still a small game company and I want them around and healthy for a long time.

FSAHoops likes this

I honestly forgot shipping increases.  It just sucks for Spartan.  (Is it me or does Printers going under seem spookily common in Kickstarters?  This is about the 4th time I've heard one getting hit)

I SERIOUSLY hope the "plain" 2.5 books were done or near complete... I have to wait anyway so I don't mind but I don't want to see this get blamed on SG for their next KS (whatever it is)

Hmmm this seems common with kickstarters indeed. However I do hope they get the ORBATs out soon so we can start playing DW 2.5. I can wait a bit longer for my models to arrive when I can play with the new ruleset and my current ships.

I think its just common for printers in general.  No one is making as much printed material as they used to.  Anyone that used to rely on magazines are going to be in trouble.

So I was thinking about SAS and didn't quite get why all local air support came out as fighters only.  But the obvious is that it encourages people to make sure they have a least one carrier in their fleet so if they really need bombs or torpedoes they can get them, but they don't get them for free.  It also means that if you want your SAS to be anything other than fighters you are required to activate your carrier early in the game to change them before they run off.  Which means you can't just move all of your SAS first to eat up activations unless you're ok with them staying as fighters.

A subtle but seems like a fairly effective way of limiting first turn SAS spam.

Must admit, I had a laugh when I saw Spartan's second update on the Kickstarter page telling us to not grab our torches and pitchforks before releasing the newsletter about the July pre-order for v2.5 and the Egyptians. 

A great feat of damage control before damage could be done...:lol:

16 minutes ago, Shadowcatdecoy said:

What interests me most is the fact that it is a Navel/Armored force.  To me this implies the land game has probably been balanced with navy and air cores finally.

I cartainly hope so!  I cant wait to wreck things up with my STO robots

1 hour ago, ethicalengineer said:

And where is Egyptian drones?

Its launched by the Bastet Support Cruisers, its the Scarab Assault bots.

10 minutes ago, Sebenko said:

I don't think they are, drone tokens are listed separately from scarab robots.

And why can't they deploy drones and robots? Just because they're not large or massive?

1 minute ago, Lord Nobody said:

For me the order would be...

1) ORBATS.

2) New models and campaign, nation books.

3) Printed rules.

Agreed there

Lord Nobody likes this

Yep. Though I'm sure it's cold comfort to Spartan- community nonchalance must be the least of their concerns when it comes to printing the rulebook.

1 minute ago, Lord Nobody said:

For me the order would be...

1) ORBATS.

2) New models and campaign, nation books.

3) Printed rules.

I second that. Especially as the hardcover rulebooks are

(A)more of a prestige object to look good next to our showcase and

(B) presumably out of date as soon as we get them. With all the feedback the community is giving a few things will be corrected/updated/clarified in the pdf I think. But the prints can't be updated anymore I gues. They are set in stone, so to speak.

2 minutes ago, Yasbir said:

presumably out of date as soon as we get them. With all the feedback the community is giving a few things will be corrected/updated/clarified in the pdf I think. But the prints can't be updated anymore I gues. They are set in stone, so to speak.

Agreed. I've never used my 2.0 Commodore edition in anger, but I like to have it anyway. For actual games I use a paperback version.

For games I prefer to have my phone - printed Orbats yes, but printed rulebooks require post-its and highlighter, and corrections... ugh. Logistical nightmare.

Think the printed material that is all hyped is the campaign books.  The dystopian war stories from the 1.1 era were pretty good considering.  But we'll wait and see what Spartan does after all the points that have been found already.

Fuzzi99 likes this

Hmm, fine with waiting myself. Phone been going mental with forum emails heh. :)

Though what really liked about rule book was the fluff update and more info on the alliance nations. :D

Got really excited reading new background on Kingdom of Denmark. >_<

Really looking forward to alliance nations in phase 2, also.. wonder if we see the Royal or Protectorate Belgians?

Really liked their fleet options back in old storm of steel book where had mix of old French ships and British ships.

Zahariel, Hubcap and Benchpresser like this

i hope the spartan guys are doing okay.  I personally dont mind waiting for the shipment omce the rule book are out.  With nearly 900 backers, if they had to ship the items twice at a cost of approximately 10 pounds per customer would be incurr a lost of nearly 9000 pounds.  which is a pity as that money could be better used to make more cast for newer models!  

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.