Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
LBPB

[Kickstarter] Dystopian World Expansion Kit

2,414 posts in this topic

I expect the FA kickstarter will do well but yeah, I have heard a lot of feedback about how people that backed the DW one wont be backing the FA one till they have confirmation on their orders.  Niel was on a podcast recently where he talked about what went wrong with the DW kickstarter, him ending up in surgery did not help.  He did acknowledge that they have been really bad on keeping people updated with what is going on and other problems.  Here is a link to it, http://www.freebootersnetwork.com/2017/07/29/exploding-dice-radio-episode-5/

It should be noted I am one of those that do not plan to back the FA kickstarter until I have confirmation Spartan is caching up with their work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't need his acknowledge, and I don't need a podcast. Spartan has my adress and email, I like to get my long time ago paid goods or at least some information.

Starting a new kickstart without telling something to the last not finished on is bad style and (for me) a slap onto my forehead.

CptEvilstopper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitching here really isn't going to help much.

It also shows that this was a bunch of peoples first kickstarter, delays are the norm ESPECIALLY if it is the first a company has done.

Benchpresser likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kickstarters are always late. Spartan maybe overpromised with their april delivery, but stuff is showing up now so it should be better.

Communication is always an issue for most kickstarters. I understand your frustration, but constantly complaining about it here won't get your goods any faster I'm affraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lostaris said:

Bitching here really isn't going to help much.

It also shows that this was a bunch of peoples first kickstarter, delays are the norm ESPECIALLY if it is the first a company has done.

Not my first kickstarter. Delay is one thing, teribble communication an other.

Waiting in silence doesn't help me (or spartan) either. :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicius said:

Kickstarters are always late. Spartan maybe overpromised with their april delivery, but stuff is showing up now so it should be better.

Communication is always an issue for most kickstarters. I understand your frustration, but constantly complaining about it here won't get your goods any faster I'm affraid.

Spartan doesn't respond to emails, maybe Spartanmike or Spartanjosh respond here and something happens. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still, most of your posts have been negative. I understand your frustration (I haven't recieved anything myself either so we're in the same boat there) but this is really not going to help anybody.

Hopefully after the weekend @Spartan Mike, @Spartan Neil or @Spartan Josh will have an update for us on the DW kickstarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

Not posted on this thread to date, but will make sure I am here more often from here on in.

As you know we have been shipping out a number of backers products. We signed off the customised books last week after the last backers contacted us with their names - the two printers who are managing this task wanted all the details in one go. After our original printer went bust the customised books ended up having to be completed by THREE different companies, which dramatically complicated what was originally going to be a simple task!

As most of these customised books are linked to our Deluxe 2-player sets, when the books get to our warehouse we will begin shipping as fast as we can. August will see us push through delivery, clearing down as many backer sets as we can.

If you are an Admiral of the Fleet backer we will issue your products before we send your custom model. I'd also request that  any of the Admirals email me to check on the stat status. I have all your model info, and we're pushing on with the sculpting, but I need to ensure that stats and concepts all still match up! I look forward to hearing from you all again.

More updates to follow, and I'll post back soon.

All the best,

Neil

 

Nicius, tansalus, Elessar and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spartan Neil said:

Hi Everyone,

Not posted on this thread to date, but will make sure I am here more often from here on in.

As you know we have been shipping out a number of backers products. We signed off the customised books last week after the last backers contacted us with their names - the two printers who are managing this task wanted all the details in one go. After our original printer went bust the customised books ended up having to be completed by THREE different companies, which dramatically complicated what was originally going to be a simple task!

As most of these customised books are linked to our Deluxe 2-player sets, when the books get to our warehouse we will begin shipping as fast as we can. August will see us push through delivery, clearing down as many backer sets as we can.

If you are an Admiral of the Fleet backer we will issue your products before we send your custom model. I'd also request that  any of the Admirals email me to check on the stat status. I have all your model info, and we're pushing on with the sculpting, but I need to ensure that stats and concepts all still match up! I look forward to hearing from you all again.

More updates to follow, and I'll post back soon.

All the best,

Neil

 

So, for people with personal rule books have not jet been shipped? Did you not tell us they have started shipping or do I remember wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a minimum of 45% of original pledge shipping delayed because of personalised rulebooks.

Is everything else ready? My friend only pledged for a basic hardback rulebook and nation expansion box, plus the League of Crimson, but has not received anything yet.

So are there still things not produced? I guess non of the Corinthian Club have had anything shipped since we don't have the model yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to despatch they are still in the process of manufacturing models.  Don't know what specifically isn't finnished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Spartan Neil I didn't pledged for a personalized rulebook and still, I got nothing. How do you explain that? 

Also, stop blaming that printing problem, we ALL know that this isn't the only reason why you're so late. Maybe you should have mobilized less resources preparing your next cash inflow (hum, excuse me, Firestorm Kickstarter...) and more to prepare and send the DW KS stuff once you collected the money.

Don't you find a bit indecent starting a new KS and asking for money again whereas people are still waiting for the minis they paid for a year ago? What a shame... Bad move SG, very bad move.

Believe me, to this point I would gladly cancel my DW pledge if I could. And don't expect a single penny for that FA Kickstarter...

" You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Iceman113 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

The delays are not all associated with the customised books. We started to ship some items for orders we could process and roll out. In some cases this meant sending out pieces of a order, and making note of what needed to follow. Deluxe sets are linked to the despatch of the customised books, so for those backers we are linking them up for shipping together.

Iceman113 - the Crimson models were the last to be moulded and put into production, but if you get your friend to email me I can look into why his book hasn't been shipped.

Jsiegel1983 - don't know when you spoke to despatch, but all models are in production now. The last to be sorted was the Crimson.

Child9 - can you drop me an email please (neil@spartangames.co.uk) with your backer info please. If you didn't go for a customised book I would like to find out why it was not shipped.

All the best,

Neil

 

Iceman113 and varnos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spartan Neil said:

Hi All,

The delays are not all associated with the customised books. We started to ship some items for orders we could process and roll out. In some cases this meant sending out pieces of a order, and making note of what needed to follow. Deluxe sets are linked to the despatch of the customised books, so for those backers we are linking them up for shipping together.

Iceman113 - the Crimson models were the last to be moulded and put into production, but if you get your friend to email me I can look into why his book hasn't been shipped.

Jsiegel1983 - don't know when you spoke to despatch, but all models are in production now. The last to be sorted was the Crimson.

Child9 - can you drop me an email please (neil@spartangames.co.uk) with your backer info please. If you didn't go for a customised book I would like to find out why it was not shipped.

All the best,

Neil

 

Good to hear.  Thanks for the response to my emails over the weekend.  I have a friend that is a captain level backer and has received nothing.  Should he email despatch or you Niel for information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Spartan Neil there seem to be a fair number of people who backed at Captain and haven't yet received anything except the PDF rulebook (myself included).  Page 90 of this thread has some details.  Can you confirm all the core nation fleet expansion boxes are being dispatched now? 

One suggestion, to clear up any confusion, might be to post a table with all the rewards, and their status (i.e 'Shipped', 'In Production' with the expected shipping date, etc.)

Redeye, Iceman113 and Nicholas like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, child9 said:

@Spartan Neil I didn't pledged for a personalized rulebook and still, I got nothing. How do you explain that? 

Also, stop blaming that printing problem, we ALL know that this isn't the only reason why you're so late. Maybe you should have mobilized less resources preparing your next cash inflow (hum, excuse me, Firestorm Kickstarter...) and more to prepare and send the DW KS stuff once you collected the money.

Don't you find a bit indecent starting a new KS and asking for money again whereas people are still waiting for the minis they paid for a year ago? What a shame... Bad move SG, very bad move.

Believe me, to this point I would gladly cancel my DW pledge if I could. And don't expect a single penny for that FA Kickstarter...

" You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

I'll admit that I don't have a clue how many people Spartan Games employs but I do find it a bit silly to be demanding that people who possibly specialise in one game or one part of production should suddenly be able to do other bits. That surely would lead to badly made ships/rules or whatever as people struggle with a job that they aren't trained for. Are they just supposed to sit there doing nothing because the kickstarter stuff has not been delivered yet? There is nothing in the kickstarter terms and conditions that says companies cannot continue developing their games or other products while running a kickstarter. We knew that when we funded it. If we don't like it then we shouldn't have backed it.

Who is waiting for minis they paid for over a year ago? Didn't the kickstarter finish in December? I realise it is frustrating to be waiting for 5 months after the proposed delivery date but really for a kickstarter that is not bad at all, especially for one that busted through so many stretch goals. I wish I had my stuff as I've been putting of playing until I get a physical copy of the rules in front of me, but I really still don't see why they can't keep producing other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Piffle said:

 but I do find it a bit silly to be demanding that people who possibly specialise in one game or one part of production should suddenly be able to do other bits. That surely would lead to badly made ships/rules or whatever as people struggle with a job that they aren't trained for. Are they just supposed to sit there doing nothing because the kickstarter stuff has not been delivered yet? There is nothing in the kickstarter terms and conditions that says companies cannot continue developing their games or other products while running a kickstarter. We knew that when we funded it. If we don't like it then we shouldn't have backed it.

I've posted elsewhere on these boards that people have varying degrees of expectation when it comes to kickstarters, especially those offered by well established companies who already have extensive product lines and communication is key to managing those expectations. 

Personally, I backed such a company which offered a second kickstarter before they had delivered their first, and ultimately they kickstarted themselves to death.  That certainly changed my perception of risk when it comes to kickstarter, and made me very nervous about seeing a company offering a lot of sales and special deals while pledges remain outstanding for a large number of customers. 

Nonetheless, I certainly think it's likely that Spartan will deliver on this one, I just hope we see more detailed communication - like that currently on their Firestorm Galaxy Expansion kickstarter, for example.  Neil coming in here and answering questions is a positive sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pugwash,

I like your idea of an update list being made. I'll look into that this week and get something posted.

All the best,

Neil

PS: Core nation boxes are boxed and while we have started shipping them, the major push will be seen this coming week. We've bounced these out of our general release schedule until we've shipped to our backers.

 

von Klinkerhoffen likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Personally, I backed such a company which offered a second kickstarter before they had delivered their first, and ultimately they kickstarted themselves to death.  That certainly changed my perception of risk when it comes to kickstarter, and made me very nervous about seeing a company offering a lot of sales and special deals while pledges remain outstanding for a large number of customers. 

Nonetheless, I certainly think it's likely that Spartan will deliver on this one, I just hope we see more detailed communication - like that currently on their Firestorm Galaxy Expansion kickstarter, for example.  Neil coming in here and answering questions is a positive sign.

I have had a kickstarter fail part way through delivery and after they had started a second one. It was blatantly to raise the cash to fund delivery of the first one. This however just doesn't feel like that. I thought Spartan had been quite clear that they were going to be using the kickstarter route to expand their games and so they've probably been getting ready for the FA one for quite a while. To delay it would surely damage their business model.

Experience does show that good communication really does help a kickstarter. I suspect that a weekly update on a friday is the way to go even if the only information to give out is that things are progressing or that you are waiting for something to be done before things can move on. The updates don't even need fancy pictures or anything just something to keep people from thinking you've forgotten them. That said I have seen ones where even when they did frequent updates people complained constantly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the Egyptian box been shipped?  It is literally the only thing I pledged for and don't want to kick this up to a despatch email if they haven't actually been sent out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Cassaralla,

Please drop them an email and say we've spoken and ask them to ensure it goes this coming week.

All the best.

Neil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spartan Neil said:

 

Child9 - can you drop me an email please (neil@spartangames.co.uk) with your backer info please. If you didn't go for a customised book I would like to find out why it was not shipped.

All the best,

Neil

 

Already sent en email to despatch but all they were able to answer me is something like "be patient".

But I'll send you an email anyway. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.