Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
LBPB

[Kickstarter] Dystopian World Expansion Kit

2,414 posts in this topic

I can't wait to get my Icemaiden & Dinner Plate....so I can immediately send them off to the painters. :lol:

5 hours ago, Gen. Eric said:

I can't wait to get my Icemaiden & Dinner Plate....so I can immediately send them off to the painters. :lol:

Love it! You called it a dinner plate too :lol:

1 hour ago, varnos said:

Okay, so my reverse psychology plan isn't working :|

What plan would that be? :huh:

I really want to give Spartan the benefit of the doubt on this, but after several backing several bad Kickstarters I'm getting a bit uneasy now especially since the one reply I've gotten so far didn't give any details and was pretty generic and the email after it requesting a more detail did not receive a reply.  Sent one more email out today.

My problem is the Kickstarters that ended up being losses (either with no rewards sent out or some did get theirs but then things went downhill) all had one thing in common - little updating and either no direct replies or no useful information in the emails.  The last update on the Kickstarter was nearly a month ago.  Of course I'll wait a little longer, but it's getting to a point where the 180-day-period for seeking recourse if it should come to that (at least for the later portion of the commitment) is getting nearer and nearer and I hate to go that far or even to ask for a refund.

Edited by Oracle
clarification and grammar cleanup

On 22/08/2017 at 0:01 PM, FSAHoops said:

What plan would that be? :huh:

Saying that it'll take two more months in the hopes that it would arrive tomorrow :P

FSAHoops likes this

Guys,

Dare I say it - but could Spartan be a victim of their own success?  They have a LARGE number of orders to work through - and lets face it - we DO know that many of us out there are getting their models and books.

But THINK how long ot takes you to empty the packing box when it arrives on your doorstep: now someone at Spartan has to package each and every order - and that's after getting ALL the individual bits of all our orders, checking that it's correct, and THEN packaging them.  Also, don't forget the issue that the company had with their printer going out of business.  That would have cost Spartan money (just the effort in finding a replacement printer would have cost) and NONE of that cost was passed on to us.

So be patient - and I am the world's worst for that (possibly because I would bet that I'm a lot older than most of you on these forums, so have fewer "gaming years" in front of me than the rest of you) and just before one of you comes back at me indignantly - I've been very happily retired for the last 7 years.  If you can beat that - we need to arrange a gaming session - a week long?

Anyoldhow, I am sure the good people at the company are working very hard at getting the orders out - lets face it, it's their job here, and that pays their salaries!  So let's just bear with it - and enjoy playing the games.  That's what I'm doing.

Zahariel likes this

Can I ask whether UK backers are getting a shipping email before their orders are despatched or whether it's only for overseas orders? I'm still awaiting a Rear Admiral pledge in London and don't know whether I should be fixating on my email inbox or the post room here at work!! 

3 minutes ago, Wayland the Smith said:

Can I ask whether UK backers are getting a shipping email before their orders are despatched or whether it's only for overseas orders? I'm still awaiting a Rear Admiral pledge in London and don't know whether I should be fixating on my email inbox or the post room here at work!! 

I never got one. The first I knew it was coming was when the courier sent me a text to inform me it was out for delivery.

Since a signature is required for delivery I had my shipment rerouted to the local UPS store and am picking it up at lunch!  The box left Bristol UK Wednesday!  Once I open it up I'll report what is in this shipment.

Minor update- and my muttering darkly...

Since you need to sign for the box I had UPS deliver it to the local UPS store instead (since I won't be home during the day)  well.. the store doesn't accept international shipments... (NOWHERE does it say this) so they rejected it.  Now I have to chase all over the city to try and get my stuff before they return it to Spartan!!!   :angry:

Zahariel likes this

8 minutes ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

@Benchpresser I'm sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to have to go chasing down packages.

Thanks Naz, I'll be snagging my loot at the depot on the other side of the city tonight.  The upside is... the depot is up the street from one of the best cheese steak places in the city :)

Now I just need ORBATS :D

Lord_Menthu likes this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.