Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
LBPB

[Kickstarter] Dystopian World Expansion Kit

2,414 posts in this topic

Well after 2 hours waiting in a lobby of a UPS depot- got my Box o Stuff!!

 

There is nothing broken, but a few things missing- the RoF Upgrade box, the LoC Mediums and my Customized rulebook... grumble...

 

Other than that.. everything looks gorgeous- especially the Egyptians!  (The GF already claimed them for herself lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Benchpresser said:

Well after 2 hours waiting in a lobby of a UPS depot- got my Box o Stuff!!

 

There is nothing broken, but a few things missing- the RoF Upgrade box, the LoC Mediums and my Customized rulebook... grumble...

 

Other than that.. everything looks gorgeous- especially the Egyptians!  (The GF already claimed them for herself lol)

Pics pls!!!  On the forum or in the FB group! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Zahariel said:

Pics pls!!!  On the forum or in the FB group! 

I'll post a couple tonight to FB, but I'm exhausted so most will be tomorrow when I can properly organize everything!

 

 

EDIT- Posted to the FB group

Zahariel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benchpresser said:

I'll post a couple tonight to FB, but I'm exhausted so most will be tomorrow when I can properly organize everything!

 

 

EDIT- Posted to the FB group

Yup saw it.  The urge is very strong eh! Beautiful models with fantastic design! Also How could you resist that solid block of sexy resin that is the ice maiden!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My story about the DLH from earlier:

someone suddenly calls me and ask me if I'm home. They are apparently outside my appartment. The problem, I'm at work. Then they ask for another apointment, in working hours. No, I don't want to take a day of just to get my stuff. Put it in the mail, so I can pick it up whenever I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grand-Stone said:

My story about the DLH from earlier:

someone suddenly calls me and ask me if I'm home. They are apparently outside my appartment. The problem, I'm at work. Then they ask for another apointment, in working hours. No, I don't want to take a day of just to get my stuff. Put it in the mail, so I can pick it up whenever I want.

Actually this is quite standard. Think of this logically,  Who would be held accountable if your stuff is stolen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zahariel said:

Actually this is quite standard. Think of this logically,  Who would be held accountable if your stuff is stolen? 

The post system. It should be kept safe until I pick it up.

It is probably standar, but why oh why must they always come in working hours...

Sorry for being of-topic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grand-Stone said:

The post system. It should be kept safe until I pick it up.

It is probably standar, but why oh why must they always come in working hours...

Sorry for being of-topic...

Because these guys are working? :P

Zahariel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grand-Stone said:

The post system. It should be kept safe until I pick it up.

It is probably standar, but why oh why must they always come in working hours...

Sorry for being of-topic...

4 hours ago, Grand-Stone said:

My story about the DLH from earlier:

someone suddenly calls me and ask me if I'm home. They are apparently outside my appartment. The problem, I'm at work. Then they ask for another apointment, in working hours. No, I don't want to take a day of just to get my stuff. Put it in the mail, so I can pick it up whenever I want.

Exactly.  Thats why they have to hand it to you in person. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Companies like DHL are primarily business to business so that is the hours they deliver.  It doesn't make sense for them to deliver at 6pm if 99% of their clients are closed by then.  UPS has gotten a lot better about it, but that is all thanks to Amazon, now a decent portion of shipping is going to residential addresses.  So they make sure they run trucks after people get home, although even they do a lot of their residential delivery earlier in the day, so it isn't even a guarantee there.  The smaller companies just can't do it.

There might be a niche in the market for a "residential delivery" focused courier but it would be a hard market to actually get into because you have to start everywhere.

The main issue is that the post office system (that is designed for residential), at least in the USA and I'm sure in many other countries, just isn't competitive in terms of time or cost when it comes to international shipping.  Maybe just because it has to switch companies, but probably because of politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.