Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Nicius

Prussian expansion pack on kickstarter

52 posts in this topic

Anybody seen the update about the PE models on kickstarter.

I really like them! a railway gun on a battleship! More U boats and speerschleuder destroyers. I really like what I see. I'm definitely getting  one of these boxes!

Everything looks awesome. What's more it looks like genuine evolution of the ships with implementing new tech and robbing ideas from other nations... Just like a real war.

5 hours ago, McKinstry said:

Notice the train engine on the ship for moving the gun. That is one heck of a cool model to paint.

I did. really cool I think. This kind of ships are the reason I started playing DW. And being on the receiving end off multiple Raj bombards, it will be good to finally have my own large bombard

They all look awsome.  Love the train driven bombard on a boat.  It mentioned tesla torpedoes somewhere as well.  Excited about getting to try them out.  The new Battleship with speershlueder turrets sounds great too.  Thank you Spartan Games.

2016 saw very little action for my PE fleet ( I think I brought them out once), but I suspect 2017 will be a very Prussian year with all these new releases. Really looking forward to the new SpeerSchleurder BB and the expansion set.

Speer battleship should be a pretty nasty piece.

The problem I have with it is that it will likely compete with many of the already nasty largest we have.

It would supement a sturmbringer pretty nicely though. And also an Elbe in even larger games :) while you then have ships like the Karl if you're more concerned with gunnery/tankiness.

Well the advantage of have so many good large models to choose from, is that you can style your fleet the way you want to. And you can keep your opponent on their toes (which is great for guys like me, who have a regular opponent).

I've seen the new models, I like that we have something with a big gun.  I also think having destroyers with speershluder is a great idea and what it seems like they have the heavy version!  And the subs? i wonder if they have 5 HP and its annoying to have a second sub with no torpedoes :(  but they sound assault like, better have terror tactics.

@Spartan Mike any possibility of a sneak preview of the new kickstarter units? With all my opponents getting giant bombardment cannons I'm really interested in what our monitor can do!

@Nicius That doom-train carriage is going to be such an awesome vessel!

As soon as I have some proper presentations for you guys, you can rest assured knowing that some spoilers will be coming along. Too many amazing new models and a lot of great chances to get everyone even more amped-up for this launch!

-Mike

Zahariel and jub like this

I'm more excited for all the tesla subs and tesla -spear destroyers!  It's finally time where we have something better than the st-lolz

I fear for the internal balance between the Hahn and the Stolz.  I hope the Stolz gets updated since it is the only bad ship in our orbat.

I still say change the weapon from a shotgun to a bombard and it would be fine also, and Squadron support (Recon, 1) to allow them to indirect fire.

While that would be fine too, it feels a bit weird, fluffwise. The prussians never were big on the indirect fire business. A small squadron with recon would definitely fall under the category "interesting and new", however.

You'd have to remove the piercing MAR too though, what would you replace it with?

The new railway gun on a boat would like to disagree with your indirect fire statement.

In any case, a bombard fix for the Stolz could be classed as a Mk2 Stolz. Like it's taken Prussian high command this long to realise that the Stolz just doesn't function well in its designed role However, instead of retiring it, they send it to get a refit where those shotguns are replaced with Bombardment cannons instead. 

Basically signifies that the Stolz is no longer capable of first line operations, but still has a role in second line support.

I don't think Piercing needs to be removed, but if it was I'd probably replace it with Area Bombardment or Hunter (+1, Indirect Fire)

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.