Ciciro

Dystopian Legions Announcement Coming Sometime in January

61 posts in this topic

I don't know how many of you follow Firestorm Planetfall threads. Yesterday I've used the opportunity to ask Spartan Mike, who roams through whirlwinds of discussions there, about Dystopian Legions. Spartan Mike said:

So, I've asked directly:

"Does it mean that Dystopian Legions are also worked on?"

And Mike was kind to answer: 

"Whilst I am unable to offer ANY details whatsoever, this game is in my pile. And that is a good thing to have in my stack! ;) "

So, there you go. Take it as you wish.

roadkizzle likes this

No, it does mean something - the game support hiatus prolonged. What will future bring? They can start supporting the game. However, it's also just one step from a cancellation of the project...

roadkizzle likes this

While I enjoyed playing legions, its always going to suffer from the 'we have way too many games too support' syndrome.

Will there be a Kickstarter for legions, doubtful.

roadkizzle likes this

On 7/15/2017 at 8:07 PM, Voyager said:

No, it does mean something - the game support hiatus prolonged. What will future bring? They can start supporting the game. However, it's also just one step from a cancellation of the project...

So are you saying this new feeling of uncertainty over the future of the game shadowed by vague platitudes from SG is different from the previous feeling of uncertainty over the future of the game shadowed by vague platitudes from SG?

It's just more of the same from them. 

Wake me when we actually get something of substance from them.

alamo, Presidente and Voyager like this

4 hours ago, roadkizzle said:

So are you saying this new feeling of uncertainty over the future of the game shadowed by vague platitudes from SG is different from the previous feeling of uncertainty over the future of the game shadowed by vague platitudes from SG?

It's just more of the same from them. 

Wake me when we actually get something of substance from them.

Indeed, it is the same old story. I've just said that it was some kind of information and Mike's statement technically meant something. :) He might have just said "We'll let you know." which would mean nothing regarding the status of Dystopian Legions. But now we at least know that the game is still hibernated.

And sure, I'll wake you up when something important happens. Hopefully, I'll do it by the cries of joy and clang of money poured into Spartan's sacks when the fantastic and abundant update of the game appears. ;)

roadkizzle and Presidente like this

On 7/17/2017 at 7:56 PM, Voyager said:

But now we at least know that the game is still hibernated.

And sure, I'll wake you up when something important happens. Hopefully, I'll do it by the cries of joy and clang of money poured into Spartan's sacks when the fantastic and abundant update of the game appears. ;)

this is indeed a great positive attitude about legions as it is nice to see some have hope. i do have concerns that the longer legion languishes it can quietly go the 'uncharted' way without a whimper and we will still be whistling in the dark.......hoping.........waiting........for some scrap of comms to fall our way. i have kept all my minis for now hoping for the day that interest from the company returns.

if there is no interest or legions is not in future plans it would be nice to know so the tone of the forums could improve. if legions is to go the 'uncharted' way just say so we all can move on and do our own thing  with our legion collections. truly, i hate to part with those gorgeous models esp. the investment of time etc. but if nothing is to be done by the company we just need to know.

btw has anyone seen the medusa radar set lately, do you own one? was it ever made and sold?

Voyager likes this

Well, I'm just a positively inclined guy. And that also covers Dystopian Legions. :)

However, when all fails and Legions' trireme eventually sinks somewhere on the still uncharted by Spartans sea, I just hope that somebody (maybe an enterprise established by our community initiative?) buys out Legions' IP from Spartan and then revives the game. There is a game "Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish". It is based on a Dystopian Legions 2.0 ruleset trimmed to skirmish battles. Maybe that's the way to go?

By the way, I've never had "Achtung! Cthulhu" in my hands, but would really like to. I'm wondering if that ruleset could work as Dystopian Skirmish.

sleeping_squirrel likes this

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

I just hope that somebody (maybe an enterprise established by our community initiative?) buys out Legions' IP from Spartan and then revives the game.

Given that Legions is tied up with the rest of the Dystopian Wars IP I don't think that would ever happen.

I think Spartan will suddenly show a renewed interest in Legions out of the blue one day as if there was never any long period of silence.

Voyager likes this

6 hours ago, Robanes said:

Given that Legions is tied up with the rest of the Dystopian Wars IP I don't think that would ever happen.

I agree that it might be difficult. However, if you eradicate common units in Wars and Legions (which are actually only a few) then it might be possible. The games might live their own separate lives then.

You might also think of licensing the right to write rules. And make a joint venture - Spartan provides miniatures (and fluff?), while the outside company writes and releases rules etc.

However, my biggest concern is that Spartan won't agree on anything similar. They will prefer to just sit on everything, just in case...

6 hours ago, Robanes said:

I think Spartan will suddenly show a renewed interest in Legions out of the blue one day as if there was never any long period of silence.

Now, that's perfectly viable and truly in a Spartan's style. ;)

15 hours ago, Voyager said:

There is a game "Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish". It is based on a Dystopian Legions 2.0 ruleset trimmed to skirmish battles. Maybe that's the way to go?

By the way, I've never had "Achtung! Cthulhu" in my hands, but would really like to. I'm wondering if that ruleset could work as Dystopian Skirmish.

This might actually be a really good option. Wonder if anyone has looked at this and compared the stats for the two games, which would be the biggest part of any conversion.

sleeping_squirrel likes this