Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Gen. Eric

Painting 2.5 Models - Free model giveaway.

31 posts in this topic

Field Dispatch #213:

With the release of 2.5 and new models I would like to dedicate this thread to the showing off your new hotness. I have bought a Rear Admiral pledge and will receive the Kickstarter exclusive models, the Prussian Empire SMS Ice Maiden and Russian Coalition Murmansk Fleet Operations Vessel. I have committed to getting these specific models professionally painted and will post pictures of them completed here. I encourage you all to do the same and proudly share your work (or the work of a much more competent painter than yourself, such as I will do). I will be holding a contest on this thread as well for best painted, the winner will receive a free Metzger Blister (either the water-lined 2 pack or the full bot on land single). I know that the products haven't shipped out yet, but I want to get this ball rolling before I get lazy and forget. I'm looking forward to all the submissions and seeing others' work (because Thor knows mine isn't great).

-Gen. Eric

Morning @Gen. Eric I'm wondering if you can elaborate on the models for this little post? Will it JUST be the core upgrade box and Ice Maiden models, or will you include others like the modular ships? I'm painting a friends RC fleet for him!

Sure, I'll throw the new modular boats in the mix. Just be aware no winner will be chosen for months as we don't even have the new boats shipped. But knock yourself out in the mean time.

FSAHoops likes this

The main purpose of this is to showcase some new boats. If some older ones are in the mix, no problem, as long as you have new stuff too. 

FSAHoops likes this

Any day now we will be receiving our new 2.5 models. I can't wait to see what they will look like all painted up. I would lI've to see the new faction, Egypt, all done up with gold trim, hovercrafts filled with eels. And wish me best of luck slogging through the rest of my PE mediums; I need to learn to airbrush. 

Morning @Gen. Eric! How's the painting going in general! I got the Russian modular finished, and I'll be painting Murmansk as soon as it shows up! You really think we'll get our stuff soon?

Working on closing out my PE mediums at the moment, bombers are next in the queue, the skyforts. My kickstarter exclusives are being painted by Gecko Works so, it's kind of a cheat, but I want them to look good. I do think we will get our stuff soon, some sooner than others though, @FSAHoops

That's fair enough, it'll be me that's painting mine and my mates kickstarter stuff!

Now that some people are receiving their new models, it won't be long before they begin showing off their new colors. I'm super excited to see what they look like painted. Keep those brushes going fellow Captains!

Absolutely, I'm ready for the first post for new painted models. Some people have already recieved their order and have a little head start, but we're not closing down the contest any time soon, and there is no late entry. All posts will be judged regardless of when they are posted (provided that the contest isn't over).

Venter likes this

Ah, After a week of traveling, followed by a 4 day Con (Where I played or hosted 4 different DW games-yah!) I finally get to start painting my Prussians from Ice Maiden: the 3 (6 with submerged versions) Brandtaucher Subs, 8 Lahn Destroyers, the Gustav Bombard Monitor and two Sea Forts. Hopefully by Friday I will have something.

Of course I also have a Kaiser Karl, 3 Uhlans, 1 Konigsberg (my 3rd-that can wait), 9 Arminius (wait I have 6), 6 Wachters (wait I already have 6) and 6 mine cookies. Gaak!

Then there is the other 48 models and a bunch of SAWs, uh, I may be overdoing this. Can't wait for the rest of the KS shipment, and then there is North Star. Help!

Gen. Eric and Landlubber like this

I'm super jelly that you got your KS order. I want my Icemaiden + assorted goodies. I've just started on my Italian Air Force, gonna be a min before I get them together...so many wings to attach. Looking forward to seeing your work @CDR_G; I've got Metzgers burning a hole in my pocket.

7 hours ago, foto69man said:

Nt4FAGY.jpg

This is mine... I'll be painting it soon

Can't wait to see it done. 

Illidar likes this

Now that some of you are starting to get your 2.5 models, i'm hopping to see them painted soon. Still waiting on mine, but it could be any day. <Fingers crossed>

Soon my friend, soon :D I'm planning on starting the big beast Monday eve, then I'll be rejigging the FSA list to include the new bits too :) 

Gen. Eric likes this

I've been thinking about upping the prize to a 2.5 box of the winner's choice and perhaps adding 2nd place prize for the Metzger. Thoughts?

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.