Spartan Josh

Fleet Action 2.0 Design Notes

Fleet Action 2.0 Design Notes   33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to know about first concerning the updated rules for Fleet Action?

• Changes to the Damage Table
    • Changes to the Disorder Mechanic
    • Changes to MARs and Generators
    • Changes to National ORBATs

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

It seems like for boarding, damage affects the success of CP for both Attacker AND Defender. However, in the introduction to Disorder tokens in the beginning, it states Disorder affects Defender CP success. @Spartan Josh, any help here?

Ok, I have been able to go through the "new" rules in the backers pdf and read the Fleet Action section properly. Few changes here or there but as I have not played Fleet Action for quite a long time I can not sometimes tell what has changed and what I just do not remember correctly but it has been like that from the beginning.

My impressions are very mixed - it looks like the book has been put together very hastily. Some previously reported confusing senteces have not been changed, other parts which in my opinion were clear are now muddled.

But what I do not really get is:

1) Example of the statistic card is still/again wrong - Bombers should be BLUE. Such mistakes are really confusing for beginners and this typo was reported right after the first rules came out :-(

2) Section with scenarios is completely missing!! - how should we play without scenarios? Authors are even referencing to this section, which is not there, in the Basic sequence of play section. Maybe we are supposed to use scenarios from the Dystopian Wars main rules but it is not written anywhere and those sceanarios used different VP counting so I do not think they are compatible with Fleet Action.

On 18. 5. 2017 at 3:38 PM, Nicholas said:

It seems like for boarding, damage affects the success of CP for both Attacker AND Defender. However, in the introduction to Disorder tokens in the beginning, it states Disorder affects Defender CP success. @Spartan Josh, any help here?

As Spartan Josh does not bother to at least show up: using DW terminology, disorder markers affects "ack ack" (defence) phase, than both parties clashes and damage markers comes into play for both sides. However, in the previous version of the rules only attacker deducted succesess so this seems new.

Hi Josh, it's sunday and it seems you like posting on sundays :D

So what about the new Orbats, coming out soon ?

I just read the changes, and now I'd like to test my... chinese (and russians). So I guess I'll need a new orbat takign into account some new MARs ^^

Thanks

Karun

sleeping_squirrel likes this

Hi guys !

I must lead an initiation game this afternoon, trying to promote spartan games with no up-to-date Orbats...

So I'll extrapolate with the informations available for the Russians and Chinese :

- I'll remove to the medium and large 1 point to the Pas.D in order to compensate the +1 DR of ablative armour. Do you think 1 point is enough ? PasD are explosive dice so make a succes at the rate of 0.8 if I remember well. Where the +1DR will be only until the HP come under a half. I feel it's honest

- For the Chinese flamers, having both new MARs Flame and Corrosive, I feel I have to remove both Disruption and Massed fire. Is it enough to compensate ?

What do you feel ? :)

Hi everyone,

Worry not, ORBATs (and scenarios, updated scenarios :)) will be appearing very soon. There are one or two other deliverables that we are a little higher priority on the to-do list for DW 2.5 but the Fleet Action stuff will be live shortly.

I am away from the office at the moment, but I can provide some 'clarity' on the Chinese this evening :ph34r:

Josh

Karun and azraelsportal like this

Chinese flamethrowers have the Flame and Corrosive MARs :)

Russian Ablative armour works like this:

Medium and Large Russian Coalition Models increase their DR by 1 if they have not taken Damage Tokens equaling half or more of their starting HP.

Their Pas.D ratings are low (mostly 2 for larges and 1 for mediums. But remember the new mimic rules.

Josh

sleeping_squirrel likes this

16 hours ago, Spartan Josh said:

Chinese flamethrowers have the Flame and Corrosive MARs :)

Is it the same for every incendiary weapon in the chinese army ? For example the incendiary bombard of the Luixing : does it get Flame and Corrisive instead of Disruption/Lethal ?

16 hours ago, Spartan Josh said:

Russian Ablative armour works like this:

Medium and Large Russian Coalition Models increase their DR by 1 if they have not taken Damage Tokens equaling half or more of their starting HP.

Their Pas.D ratings are low (mostly 2 for larges and 1 for mediums. But remember the new mimic rules.

Josh

Yep

1 or 2 in the new orbats to be released I assume.

Thanks

I tried as I said yesterday, and it did very well and smooth, great game :)

On 6/30/2017 at 1:53 PM, Spartan Josh said:

Hi everyone,

Worry not, ORBATs (and scenarios, updated scenarios :)) will be appearing very soon. There are one or two other deliverables that we are a little higher priority on the to-do list for DW 2.5 but the Fleet Action stuff will be live shortly.

I am away from the office at the moment, but I can provide some 'clarity' on the Chinese this evening :ph34r:

Josh

Josh, any news on orbats? I plan a game next weekend, Chinese VS Royal Australians/Kob. Info on scenarios will be handy as well.

1 hour ago, sleeping_squirrel said:

Josh, any news on orbats? I plan a game next weekend, Chinese VS Royal Australians/Kob. Info on scenarios will be handy as well.

Yes, in fact, there are news because in addition to new models we would like to actively use the merchant ships which so far impossible

Hi everyone.

Just checking in with an update on the timetable for fleet action.

The stats are all just about done. And by that I mean getting everything into template. Rules wise they are all locked down. The ORBATs for fleet action will go up for download shortly after the Minor nation ORBATs for DW 2.5.

The ORBATs will include all of the new miniatures from the Kickstarter including an Egyptian ORBAT. There will also be Operational Assets for Santino Anania ;)

We apologise for the delay on these. Some of the staff illness issues we have experienced in the last few months have affected several of our delivery dates so please bear with us for a little while longer!

Josh

10 minutes ago, Spartan Josh said:

Hi everyone.

The stats are all just about done. And by that I mean getting everything into template. Rules wise they are all locked down. The ORBATs for fleet action will go up for download shortly after the Minor nation ORBATs for DW 2.5.

The ORBATs will include all of the new miniatures from the Kickstarter including an Egyptian ORBAT. There will also be Operational Assets for Santino Anania ;)

We apologise for the delay on these. Some of the staff illness issues we have experienced in the last few months have affected several of our delivery dates so please bear with us for a little while longer!

Josh

So hopefully next week?  For a minute Josh, I read that as all the new minis and thought all the Admiral ships and started to hyperventilate lol

14 minutes ago, Spartan Josh said:

Hi everyone.

Josh

I'm very happy

Marden likes this