kosh127

What are you hoping for next?

33 posts in this topic

So what are you hoping get released next month?  I think the earliest we will see something is May prob July.  But the question is what is going to come out next?  I am hoping for ODST, Brutes and Yanme (buggers, the flying guys).  I would also like to see any and all vehicles.  There is a ton to still come out I am just hoping it comes out quick.

Now that Spartan seems to be getting back into the fleet battles side of things I imagine that releases will start to slow down. Probably May will be the release of the promised halo wars 2 tie in units and after that it will settle down into the 1 unit for each faction per month cycle.

I personally am content for them to leave the UNSC as they are for the time being and push forward with releasing the various species for the covenant like Yan'me, Jiralhanae and some more Sangheili ranks. Also, San'Shyuum with honour guards! I wouldn't mind some proper snipers for the Covenant as well not just the marksmen.

Honestly I'd like to see some brutes with some hammers :D I know that the covenant is still a bit short on ranged weaponry but nothing's better than some nice and clean hand to hammer combat :D

1 hour ago, kosh127 said:

Warmaster, they do have ODST bullfrogs out, but the standard troopers are not out yet.  Looking forward to them.

I would also love to see other kinds of ODSTs teams too, like a sniper team that uses the Stanchion rifle or ODSTs teams specialized in stealth.

Warmaster likes this

Carter that would be cool, I just thought the Arbiter (spell that wrong?).  Man he would be cool. the stats should be better then a Spartan3 and he would be really fun.  Maybe some kind of cloaking that could be used for 1 turn or something.

On 4/10/2017 at 9:42 PM, kosh127 said:

Carter that would be cool, I just thought the Arbiter (spell that wrong?).  Man he would be cool. the stats should be better then a Spartan3 and he would be really fun.  Maybe some kind of cloaking that could be used for 1 turn or something.

Yeah that would be awesome

Covenant Revenants, Mongeese/Gungeese, Banshees, Falcon units will all make great additions to the game if made.

... Though I'm still sitting here hoping for an Elite centric unit. A squad of 8 Elite Minors, 2 BR, in the mid 100 range. Having a step up from Grunts/Jackals but a step below Elite Ultras would be nice.

Hi All!

Just popping online to give you an insight into what we have just finished in playtest and design for Halo: Ground Command.

As of today we have finished Covenant/Banished: Banshees, Brute Overseers, Brute Assault Troops, Brute Chieftains, Suicide/Demolition Grunts, and Marauders!

....along with UNSC: Falcons, Marines, Helbringers, Jackrabbits, Noble Team, and Grizzlies!

Now, to be clear this just means they are completed in design and testing.... I don't know when they are coming out...so don't ask! :P But I thought it would be a good idea to keep you in the loop as to where we are going in the near future.

SPARTAN FORCE BUILDER LAUNCHED AT SALUTE!

In addition. At Salute we will be launching the Spartan Force Builder App, in its Beta Stage. You will all get for free and we hope you can feedback to us over the next few weeks! The first game in the builder is Halo Ground Command and if you use it you will never need your stat cards ever again. - just access your app instead!

Spartan Gibson (aka Andy) will be at Salute to talk folks through how to use the app and there will be a blog that acts as a 'How-To' guide. In truth the app is really simple and intuitive to use, but it doesn't hurt to give folks a leg-up to get started!

Cheers

d

6 hours ago, Spartan Derek said:

Hi All!

Just popping online to give you an insight into what we have just finished in playtest and design for Halo: Ground Command.

As of today we have finished Covenant/Banished: Banshees, Brute Overseers, Brute Assault Troops, Brute Chieftains, Suicide/Demolition Grunts, and Marauders!

....along with UNSC: Falcons, Marines, Helbringers, Jackrabbits, Noble Team, and Grizzlies!

Now, to be clear this just means they are completed in design and testing.... I don't know when they are coming out...so don't ask! :P But I thought it would be a good idea to keep you in the loop as to where we are going in the near future.

SPARTAN FORCE BUILDER LAUNCHED AT SALUTE!

In addition. At Salute we will be launching the Spartan Force Builder App, in its Beta Stage. You will all get for free and we hope you can feedback to us over the next few weeks! The first game in the builder is Halo Ground Command and if you use it you will never need your stat cards ever again. - just access your app instead!

Spartan Gibson (aka Andy) will be at Salute to talk folks through how to use the app and there will be a blog that acts as a 'How-To' guide. In truth the app is really simple and intuitive to use, but it doesn't hurt to give folks a leg-up to get started!

Cheers

d

excelllent news, can you share the status of Fireteam Osiris at the moment too?

9 hours ago, Spartan Derek said:

Hi All!

This is fantastic news! I am curious about those Brute Overseers, can they act as upgrades for Grunt Levies like the Elite Overseer can? Also cool to see the Hellbringers getting some love, truly an under appreciated unit.

I am very happy to see that what some of the things that we will be seeing.  My question would be is are the models done or almost done?  Great news!  I can't wait to see some more units of all kinds make it out.

If he says they're finished design and testing then I believe that means they're basically finished but still need 343's seal of approval which is why he can't give us a release date

On 2017-4-27 at 2:52 AM, Oak Heart said:

I'd like to see a chopper bifurcating a warthog.

Oh god yes! Not sure why they chose to make the maurader first, the chopper is as brute as you get!

Im hoping they bring out some walkers like the mantis, the cyclops and the grunt goblin.

And on a completely unrealistic side im holding out hope for a unsc elephant or mamoth and the infamous covenant scarab!

As much as I'd love to see a new unit for each faction, I'm oddly more excited to see some new terrain elements released. One thing I have learnt in my long years of wargaming is that a brilliant looking table will go far further in immersing the players into the experience than the actual models ever will. I'd snap up two of those Stealth Pylons that were shown at Salute in a heartbeat. 

Mighty_moose and Thetobyn like this

BlitzRs the terrain will be cool and it will be coming out at some point.  But they really need to flush out the game first.  Keep in mind that spartan is a pretty small company and can only put out so much at a time.  With that said if you take a step back and look at it, they really do a great job releasing alot of product as a whole.  Sadly I don't think we will see anything for 2 months.  

Oh, I agree. In fact I would much rather Spartan take a more measured and slower release schedule if it means that the minis and the rules are better produced than punch out a ton of gear in a rush. Sure I would to have a heap of new shinys on offer....though there are quite a few models from the currently released stuff I still don't have.

New dropships coming! 33% the size, 33% the price! I'm actually really looking forward to these! Check the unsc/covenant pages on the webstore.

I like the look of the Seraph and Longsword.  Got to say if these are the flyers that they talked about I;m supprised.  I thought it would have been the banshee and hornet.

I'm not sure if anyone else is seeing the same angle as me, but with the Longsword and Seraph, it seems t me that the overall scope of the game is really being pushed to much larger conflicts. I don't mind either way, the game seems to play quite well with small forces and it didn't feel like it bogged down much as the armies got bigger. It suits both styles/budgets. Though I would only (personally) use these fliers in larger games when you have points to burn. It feels like that including these two to the mix, Spartan are stating that they want proper dedicated airpower to be a feature of the game, though one could say that they already had with the variety of support missions that the Pelican and Phantom can perform.