Voyager

The Ivory Tower has spoken...

69 posts in this topic

Interesting. I'm not sold on the one system for space and ground combat, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. If the planet fall rules feel like a rushed bolt on for FA it is not going to go well. DW works with ships and land forces as the scale is pretty much the same and cover is not much of an issue. With PF cover and movement at that scale is huge and needs to have proper rules. 

Meh... Promises, deadlines and apologies. The same old blahblah. You smell that smell? Let's hope I'm wrong. Anyway, I expect nothing from SG anymore. Wait and see.

Manu_S and Presidente like this

48 minutes ago, alextroy said:

We beg for communications and then "Bah, Humbug"? At least wait until they miss a target date.

Exactly. As the old saying goes, if you were to give some people a fifty-dollar note, they'd complain that it's creased.

I'm happy that Spartan has outlined plans for Firestorm in 2017. Now they have to deliver on that. Unless any of us has a time machine, it'd be wise to simply watch how the rest of 2017 unfolds.

7 hours ago, alextroy said:

We beg for communications and then "Bah, Humbug"? At least wait until they miss a target date.

Couldn't agree more!

AFAIK they are willing to put things right, so we need to give them the opportunity to do so. And of course this will not be easy, neither for them, and nor for us.

We'll see were things stand within a few months :)

Communication is nice. Actions are better.

Spartan already made tons of annoucements about PF (new helix for december 2016, new stuff for Adepticon, etc...) and what did we got? Nothing. So pardon me people if I don't share your enthousiasm... Making commitments is easy, SG guys are really gifted for that. They are unfortunately way less gifted when the time to honour these commitments comes...

I won't jump everywhere just for one more shiny announcement, I'll just wait.... and see ;) 

DELETED likes this

There is a course of action between optimistic statements and pessimistic statements. You could always wait for a result.

7 hours ago, Nuck Fewton said:

I'm just happy to hear anything. Now we play the waiting game.

.................yet again...................and still;)

Presidente likes this

I like the idea of the games being developed together, it might lead to more/better fluff, as well as better game play intergration.  

Venter likes this

No no no hope was last time this time it be tangible results or the game is probably finished, even the blog says first attempt it bringing 2.o to our customers was a failure.

alamo likes this

I'm sincerely impressed by this.
Apologies. Admissions of faults.
Wow. It felt due, but when you see it, it's impressive :).

Well, now Spartan has set itself a precise schedule (and a tight one!) - it's a big chance to prove themselves... or to fail miserably once and for all ^_^

I hope for the best, though!
GO SPARTAN GO!

p.s. but most of all... YAYYYYY!! @Spartan Derek's back! :wub:

Zeph and Presidente like this

On 14/4/2017 at 5:21 AM, child9 said:

Communication is nice. Actions are better.

Spartan already made tons of annoucements about PF (new helix for december 2016, new stuff for Adepticon, etc...) and what did we got? Nothing. So pardon me people if I don't share your enthousiasm... Making commitments is easy, SG guys are really gifted for that. They are unfortunately way less gifted when the time to honour these commitments comes...

I won't jump everywhere just for one more shiny announcement, I'll just wait.... and see ;) 

You know what? I totally agree. But I still hope for the best; this time Neil has set a clear list of hardpointed deadlines.
Clear promises. Clear possibilites to see if they are capable of raising their heads after a difficult moment or not.
Just 5 months and a half to see if the deadlines were set right, anyway ;).

child9 likes this

Big thumbs up for deadlines:) this should be continued so people always know what's coming, defiantly a positive thing:)

It is so awesome to hear from Spartan. 

Just the fact that they acknowledged their Customers and communicated with us is awesome. 

I would have more confidence in the dates if there were not so much listed to do, or it was 6 months longer. It feels like they will have too much to achieve in too short a time. 

Good luck Spartan I really hope you can get it done 

Presidente likes this

I remain skeptical but hopeful. I really hope that it plans out this way and that when and if they deliver that it doesn't wither on the vine again. That's the real issue. Best of luck, seriously.

Presidente likes this

Hi all.

Derek here.....(from my Ivory Tower ;)....or more realistically, my Design Cave! :P)

I have always felt that transparency dispels doubt, so I am happy to give a bit more insight on the time-bound-delivery process for the FS Galaxy in the run up to the dual release here. The timeline that Neil mentioned in his blog is my roll-out plan for the products, based upon my team's design path for both games - both of which are fully on schedule at present.

Currently, the FSA game is in final development, with Linde and his team going through the testing checks for core models/rules. The competitive play system is finished and the exploration campaign game is finished (but still under Design Test). This means that my team and I can now focus on FSPF as a core product in the lead up to my planned FSPF roll-out dates.

The core engine for FSPF is complete, with all added mechanics implemented and tested in Design Stage. Spartan George and Spartan Linde will be getting our Design Rules and Force Lists to begin their Alpha Testing this week, with their schedule for testing and delivery laid out. The process of community involvement will then engage.

I will fully outline the process to you all in my upcoming blog. But to calm any initial concerns you might have about delivery on FSP, you should expect my Design Process Blog in the next few days (before Salute on the 22nd!)) where you will get the 1st roll-out of a word->pdf version of a sample Force List (the Directorate/Works Raptor)...and a brief rules change synopsis for 2.0. The blog will also outline my plan of community involvement in the testing, delivery and execution of Planetfall going forwards.

After that we have the roll out for all other factions, which as you would expect are technically ready for release in word-.>pdf now, but I am holding them back to allow for concept-debate and discussion within the community.

The concept-debate is a vital part of any creative endeavour so I want to allow gamers a period of reflection and discussion before overwhelming everyone with too much data and statistics.

So, there you have it.

1. A blog in 5 days with Design Notes and a trial Force List
  2. Full Force Lists after that
  3. Then a period of community testing
  4. Then a pdf-Rules Release that the community was fully engaged with to build
  5. And a new 2-player set with 2 new factions that were extensively tested by the gamers themselves!

I will create a new thread for discussion as soon as the blog is launched, but feel free to ask questions here until then!

Cheers,

d

Outstanding. I'd be curious to hear about how the feel of the armies are going to change if they are. As a Relthoza player the feel of that force changed during the rebalance. Are the forces attributes staying the same, moving towards a FA feel or something else? 

hi derek, are the sqds sizes going to change in 2.0? [that is for the units already released].  neils post mentioned repackaging so just curious and was not sure what that means.

thank you