Spartan Mike

Admirals of the Fleet - Exciting fan designed vessels!

120 posts in this topic

I don't think SG should balance things after the KS :) . The opportunity was given to players to boost the game with a good injection of capital in exchange for a major influence on its ORBATS. The players decided that most of the new vessels will be KoB Larges: so be it, good for KoB players :) . I personally can't wait to see what they have done for RoF, but if my faction gets nothing, well, I'll still have my ORBAT to face what new toys the others get.

And speaking of toys the other factions get... geez, these CoA players are jealous! :D Did we make such a fuss when the GNE appeared on the OE, PLC or BW ORBAT? I don't remember so ;) .

Seriously, I wouldn't worry: look, the Ottomans have both our GNE and our Cloud generator (and theirs is even better), but the two factions are very distinct in terms of flavour and gameplay. I don't think a single Wave Lurker will do much to the CoA taste.

Which, by the way, is... fishy? I couldn' tell. 

Erwl, McKinstry and Shadowcatdecoy like this

Trying to get the thread back on point, how are the admiral pledges coming along @Spartan Mike? Any in the pipeline that are particularly juicy? I bet the Spartan office must be electric at the moment!

On 4/30/2017 at 2:43 AM, Venter said:

I don't think SG should balance things after the KS :) . The opportunity was given to players to boost the game with a good injection of capital in exchange for a major influence on its ORBATS. The players decided that most of the new vessels will be KoB Larges: so be it, good for KoB players :) . I personally can't wait to see what they have done for RoF, but if my faction gets nothing, well, I'll still have my ORBAT to face what new toys the others get.

And speaking of toys the other factions get... geez, these CoA players are jealous! :D Did we make such a fuss when the GNE appeared on the OE, PLC or BW ORBAT? I don't remember so ;) .

Seriously, I wouldn't worry: look, the Ottomans have both our GNE and our Cloud generator (and theirs is even better), but the two factions are very distinct in terms of flavour and gameplay. I don't think a single Wave Lurker will do much to the CoA taste.

Which, by the way, is... fishy? I couldn' tell. 

While KoB is going to get a large injection of models its not like its really going to change the game at all. you are still playing with X points and there is only soo many things a boat will do regardless. cant wait to see some renders. if an alliance box kickstarter goes off im totally throwing my hat in for that one.

I had a sudden though, what program do you guys use for 3D modeling?  Recently I have been giving Blender a try but was unsure what people use for professional work.

I think spartan uses SolidWorks for their CAD modelling based on the screenshots I've seen from the kickstarter (could be somewhere else). 

@FSAHoops Just working through the testing and details of scheduling for model design at the momment. Nothing exciting... yet! But the good stuff is coming down the tube and I can't wait to blast all this goodness out to you guys!

@Shadowcatdecoy indeed Solidworks! Master Chris can really turn and burn on it. Pretty incredible stuff, to be honest, my pleabien brain cannot comprehend such artistry as I work better with BS and wordprossesor! :)

-Mike

FSAHoops likes this

Having used several CAD programs, I think Solidworks is one of the better ones available. 

Hubcap likes this

I think some Admirals have been working with them already.  I think all of the admirals have at least talked with the design team, but I thought some said they had started with at least basics of the design process, not sure about actual CAD renders though.

Scheduling and coordinating the various time zones / workloads associated with each backer is the focus. Emails pertaining to such will be dispatching next week provided I have all the kinds worked out! Fun project, but given the wonderful spectrum of global participants... very confusing! :)

I still am thinking about making my personal foray into the project a very public affair... Would that interest you folks at all?

-Mike

tansalus, Thamoz, Hubcap and 8 others like this

13 minutes ago, Spartan Mike said:

Scheduling and coordinating the various time zones / workloads associated with each backer is the focus. Emails pertaining to such will be dispatching next week provided I have all the kinds worked out! Fun project, but given the wonderful spectrum of global participants... very confusing! :)

I still am thinking about making my personal foray into the project a very public affair... Would that interest you folks at all?

-Mike

Considering the ideas you bounced off me when we were working on my designs, I'd be very curious what your own designs are!

Thamoz and Spartan Mike like this

30 minutes ago, Spartan Mike said:

-Mike

Yes, please!  A thousand times yes! 

Spartan Mike likes this

10 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

dispatching next week

Damnnit man, don't say what word! I skimmed the thread and got excited.

Thamoz likes this

Interesting that everyone is thinking the Robots are going to be for the Scandinavian Teutonic Order.  It would be interesting if the Knights Hospitaller Order may get a model for there "High Lance" Patrol mentioned in Operation Sirocco.

So far we've been told that there are three robots, and only one do those will be for the STO. But there is also a model for the Prussian, which could also be a robot. So it's not completely unlikely that all robots will be STO as well.

Is there any news about future backer's models ? Or are some of them used on upcoming expansion (like the Albion design with the Dominion of Canada) and thus keeped secret until the appropriate time ?

Would love to know more about community's crazy ideas :)

Nicius likes this

I have sent my flyff and design guide to Mike along with having finalized stats for my unit. If interested in looking, head over to the KOB sub forum and open the thread " A new model approaches". What I will say is mine is simple, straightforward, and fills a need in the Orbat..

Elessar, Marden, McKinstry and 2 others like this