Spartan Derek

Firestorm Planetfall Designer Feedback Thread

160 posts in this topic

I think you can safely call the Locatu a Med tank until they fix the designation and they are definitely "stingray" happy. Might I suggest "Sushi missiles", "Tuna Salad missiles" or "Smoked Salmon missiles" as alternatives?  

tansalus and Kaptyn Krys like this

On 5/12/2017 at 7:03 AM, Nicius said:

I was wondering why the Sorylian Transports (the Bol'vak and the Bol'vuk'ra) don't have assault vehicle? Both models show the infantry on the outside, surely they are capable of disembarking fast enough compared to the other closed transports to warrant this?

@Spartan Derek. Any comments? this one has been bugging me for quite a while though.

Its something I am looking at.

The Transports ARE both 'assault-y' in their appearance...so it fits thematically. but players should expect a solid +15/25 pts addition for Heavy Infantry to get an Assault Bath-tub!!!

The Light Transporter on the other hand will probably only receive a +10/15pts push.

We will see.

I am getting thumped right now by our resident Sory-Player with his 8 Heavy Tanks sitting proud in the middle of the table after flatting out twice with all four squadrons in the first two turns...all of them have Heavy Infantry mounted on them..... shoulda taken that rule off them darn it.:P...he just read your post and asked if they can have the Assault Vehicle too.... I growled at him in answer.....

lol

d

tansalus and Nicius like this

Well I do like the Hukka's with the new rules. They make for really nice heavy assault vehicles, which was always want I expected them to be. If the current rules stay the same for the Hukka, I might invest in a second pair of them as well. I don't think it should be fair that they have assault transport as well, that will make them to good.

I would really like to have the two hover transports with assault though, even if the points are raised. It has be quite hard to use Bol'Vaks because they keep getting focussed down before the infantry can jump out. I've stopped using light infantry transports all together now and only used to use my light infantry to cap the tertiary objective.

I'd like to know if the Terran's Huscarl no long can be added to the Dellingr, since there's no option to purchase them in the Aerial Helix. 

On 4/22/2017 at 9:02 AM, alextroy said:

Look at the posted Directorate ORBAT. There is no Leviathan CQB any longer.  The Accoster Battle Robot has a CQB weapon and a Melee Power Fist.

Was never happy with directorate leviathan. Had no leviathan CQB so just had to let robots walk up and melee it without defending itself....but being it was flying high enough to be seen by all how do you melee it ?   If they shoot it, why doesn't it get to use its CQB to defend ? Nevr happy with that so it never made the table once the battle robots came out. Waste of $100.

8 hours ago, sithsquirrel said:

Was never happy with directorate leviathan. Had no leviathan CQB so just had to let robots walk up and melee it without defending itself....but being it was flying high enough to be seen by all how do you melee it ?   If they shoot it, why doesn't it get to use its CQB to defend ? Nevr happy with that so it never made the table once the battle robots came out. Waste of $100.

If you let a battle robot come in base contact with the Wraith, it's just that you're playing it wrong. Battle robots are really easy to avoid...

I am a casual player and was only able to play few games of PF v1.

Every time I play I need to read the rules once again and also to explain them t my friends (whose are casual players too), hence I really hope the rules will be as simple as possible.

So please avoid making too many special rules (and rule exceptions) that do not bring much to the game, for instance do we really need "Forlorn Hope" ?

Keep on the good work!

@Spartan Derek so efectively we cannot buy any Huscarl unit in the Terran Aerial Helix, and we have a heavy flyer transport that cannot be used? 

42 minutes ago, Zebo said:

@Spartan Derek so efectively we cannot buy any Huscarl unit in the Terran Aerial Helix, and we have a heavy flyer transport that cannot be used? 

On 2017-5-15 at 3:05 PM, Zebo said:

I'd like to know if the Terran's Huscarl no long can be added to the Dellingr, since there's no option to purchase them in the Aerial Helix. 

I'm pretty sure thats a mistake. The Huscarls will have to be an option in the Dellinger to avoid taking them with the Sigyn. 

Although having got my hands on the Sig i noticed the doors on the back and thought of Terran Grav drop squad.