Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
WestAustralian

WestAustralian's FSA Fleets

51 posts in this topic

Hi all,

It has been a long time since I last posted anything for FSA. My old Relthoza thread is slipping away. I thought I would revisit my Fleets under the Hobby section where they belong. I have lots of Painted mini's to show and some new work I would like to share. 

I will kick this off with some shots of the random ships I have out

This is part of my corsairs fleet, I suppose these ships will be getting a bit more common about the game scene, now they have been revived.

image.jpg

My Works Raptor are the most colourful miniatures I have done for FSA

image.jpg

I have been thinking of painting these, but I don't know what colours to use

image.png

Thanks for looking

Likes and comments appreciated 

WA

Skyhawk, alamo, Bessemer and 4 others like this

I wouldn't have thought that paint scheme would have worked for works raptor but you pulled it off and I love Them.

The chevrons really make the corsairs pop nicely too 

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Do you have any terquai ? 

WestAustralian likes this

Thanks for the Awesome Comments and Likes. Just a small update this week  

i got out the rest of my Painted WR to show the varied colours I used

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I should paint up the frigates, I will get to them after the asteroids 

Sorry @azrael I don't have any Painted Terquai at the moment.

Thanks for looking

WA

BluFlcn, azrael, Pathogen and 4 others like this

Thanks for the likes and comments. 

@Skyhawk frigates are a bit fiddly and I don't like the metal in general, scratches too easy. Btw I went for Brown Asteroids as I will probably have grey ships at some point. 

@BluFlcn thanks, the destroyers were first and a bit of an experiment, all blended brushwork. Then I just went nuts on the others. :) 

I got my first batch of asteroids done. Super Fast and Easy. These are really nice models.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I needed 2 more Frigates to finish off my first Corsair Squadron. Also I have been meaning to make my Repair Station a dedicated Pirate Hangout. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I still have 2 cruisers to paint

i also undercoated my Works Raptor Frigates. Let's hope I paint them before I get distracted. 

Thanks for looking. I hope you liked what you saw. 

WA

azrael, Skyhawk, Bessemer and 2 others like this

I like the brown asteroids. I might have to try that on my next batch that I paint. As always you work continues to push me to get painting my own stuff.  

Thanks for the comments guys.

I have unpacked some more of my Painted stuff for a quick picture. 

Fremantle Outpost is an independent Trading Station. It lies on the edge of a dense asteroid field in neutral space, protected by a complex array of Heavily Armed satellites. 

image.jpg

Hopefully as you read this I have started my Works Raptor Frigates....

also someone around here has been painting up a Terran Storm. Yes you @Skyhawk. So for some reason I have dragged these guys out...

image.jpg

After completing the Dindrenzi Planetfall Core Helix, I need a serious change of colours, so maybe I will do some of these guys

WA

Skyhawk and Works Raptor like this

Space stations look really good. The way you did your Works Raptor frigates makes them look like fire balls. Looks really cool.

On 05/12/17 at 3:03 AM, WestAustralian said:

also someone around here has been painting up a Terran Storm.

WHO ME? Naahhh, I wouldn't have have a Terran fleet ;). Seriously though I am glad to have put you in the mood for painting them, and I can't wait to see them finished! LONG LIVE TERRA!

I will get a group shot of the Full Works Raptor Fleet this weekend. I also need to pluck some Foam to give them proper storage. I had been putting off the frigates for ages because I didn't know how to get a double fade on a small miniature. Finally I decided to go with a single fade to black. Space shuttle re-entry was the inspiration for the Yellow-Red. 

It took about 20 min to paint them, after almost a year of Procrastination. Lol

I have cleaned up a small amount of Terran for Colour Scheme testing. Just need time to prime this weekend. 

I have also started Project "Super Special Mod", where I am going to try to chop up and mod some miniatures into a Corsair Racketeer. If it goes ok I will post progress pics, but it's a background project, so don't expect anything soon. 

As always, thanks to the whole community for your support, you inspire me. 

WA

Pathogen likes this

Thank you For the great comments guys. It really helps encourage me to keep going. 

Work has has begun on the Terran's 

image.jpg

I see clean Resin and want to Paint it Black....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Works Raptor Photos, FSA & PF

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And all together 

image.jpg

I will be working on a Terran colour test between PF infantry. I also want to finish my Asteroids off. 

Thanks for looking

WA

Thanks @Bessemer it was a real spur of the moment idea that gave me the Blue-Purple Destroyers. Then I went out of the box to challenge myself with a different blend on each ship type. 

Thanks @Skyhawk , sorry the Terrans went on hold again because I got struck with the motivation to start and finish Project "Super Special Mod". I will do a colour test on my Terran's next. 

So Project "Super Special Mod" was conceived over a year ago. With the Lack of a Corsair Racketeer Battlecarrier model I conceived my own. The whole idea was put on hold. When the pictures came out for the Spartan model, I was disappointed. I know some people love it, that's great, but I don't. So the idea surfaced again. 

The Basic idea, take these 2 ships

image.jpg

And make 1 ship....

Lots of chopping significant parts from the Corsair Cruiser to make the Works Raptor Battlecruiser look more Corsair

Front Forks First

image.jpg

Top Fin

image.jpg

Cutout for Engine

image.jpg

Engine Puttied in

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thruster

image.jpg

Gun

image.jpg

image.jpg

Time for undercoat 

image.jpg

and a wash

image.jpg

The Painted Racketeer

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some shots comparing the new ship to the donor models

image.jpg

image.jpg

It is the only Mod/conversion that I have done for FSA. I don't know exactly why I got the inspiration to rush it through, but it was a fun and rewarding project. Also, yes I will be doing the other one as a second T1. Admiral De Veenboer has his ship, Admiral Danseker will need his. More on them later. 

As always, thanks for looking. Likes are Appreciated and Comments are treasured

WA

Bessemer, Resa F, Big_0 and 6 others like this

Good job! Great kitbash!

On 05/28/17 at 10:21 AM, WestAustralian said:

Admiral De Veenboer has his ship, Admiral Danseker will need his.

I am seeing my bad influence here.:D

Thanks for the comments and likes. 

Admiral De Veenboer has pulled his Patrol Fleet together. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

(2 Cruisers and the SRS tokens are new)

The Admiral is expecting reinforcements in the next few weeks. So he is trying to get all of his current ships prepared. Only 1 full Squadron of Outlaw Frigates to go. 

Some in progress shots of the SRS

image.jpg

image.jpg

Terran colour test coming soon

Xerkics, azrael, Pathogen and 3 others like this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.