Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Lord Bloodwings

Bloodwings' Planetfall

57 posts in this topic

Just finished up painting, basing and gluing the flight peg for my Heavy Aquan Skimmer. Still have the rest of the Aquans and Directorate to go in the Battle for Proteus Prime box set, but hopefully I will be able to regularly update this thread often enough.

20170515_210825.jpg

20170515_210834.jpg

20170515_210855.jpg

I plan on painting them using the same colour scheme for my already painted Aquan Prime armada fleet.

20170515_210904.jpg

Marden, chrisbburn, Skyhawk and 4 others like this

Oooohhhhh Aaahhhhhh!!!

Awesome!

Excellent choice of colours. Very nicely picked out Details. The colours really Pop.  Nice connection to your FSA fleet.

A Very stand-out force

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more Aquan and the Directorate. 

BTW. By the look of the base, that is not a very Aquan friendly planet. 

WA

Lord Bloodwings likes this

Finished the Directorate Heavy Crawler, "the Desolator" last night. I'm still thinking about adding some more detail to it but I am happy with the black and red colours and robust metals over the model. Magnetised the turret as well, but I figure that is a must with these tanks. Also did the base dry brushing for the rest of the directorate force, which you can sort of see in the background of these images.

Cheers.

20170520_115903.jpg

20170520_115926.jpg20170520_115945.jpg20170520_115916.jpg

alamo, tansalus, Skyhawk and 6 others like this

Fantastic. Excellent Painting There

The Panel Selection combined with the red colour has resulted in a very aggressive look. Very threatening 

wonderfully clean brushwork, especially on the metal parts

really impressive glow on the front too

thanks for sharing 

Lord Bloodwings likes this

Fair enough, I've sort of been in the same boat. Trying to find places in Perth were Armada or Planetfall are semi actively played and I haven't found anything yet :/ 

Just finished painting up the Aquan Medium skimmers, going on with the same scheme to match my Aquan fleet. I am also working on some forest bases at the moment for the game. hopefully I will have a picture of those up in the forum soon enough. My next models to work on will be the Directorate medium crawlers and cyber warfare tanks.

Cheers.

20170528_130529.jpg

20170528_130501.jpg20170528_130505.jpg

20170528_130523.jpg

20170528_130529.jpg

Awesome @Lord Bloodwings  Truely Awesome. 

The Purple Pipes look super Organic, which I like a lot. 

You have done really great highlights. Spectacular colour set and wonderful finish. Great photos too. 

I spotted the Directorate lurking in the background, looks like They are well underway 

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to more pictures 

WA

So most of this week has been just working on my Directorate Medium tanks, but I have also been working on some terrain to use in the game. I went to an arts supply store and got some small trees for dioramas which were a good size for planetfall. I made up some simple bases for the trees with cardboard. I used tape around the sides and then used some basing grit for dirt/mud on them. I gave these bases a heavy black spray paint undercoat and then attached the trees followed by a lot of dry brushing.

Tell me what you think, I added some of my Sorylians to give some size perspective to the bases.

20170602_193923.jpg

20170602_193940.jpg

20170602_193954.jpg

20170602_194005.jpg

tansalus, alamo, Skyhawk and 3 others like this

Just finished up the Directorate Desolator Medium Crawlers and the Aquan Prime Votari Crystal Nodes and Stingray anti-air batterys.

Nearly half way through the battle for Proteus prime boxset!

Up next are the Directorate cyberwarfare tanks and transport. In the next few days I should receive my Spartan games order with the new trench terrain and the special bonus piece of terrain. Should be good.

Cheers

20170605_144725.jpg 20170605_144751.jpg20170605_144739.jpg

20170605_144804.jpg

Everything looks excellent Bloodwing. I particularly like the crystals though!

Sweet, Sweet Mini's

Nice highlights with the Red on those tanks. Great balance of colours. 

Those Crystals Rock!

Excellent finish on the Stingrays 

thanks for sharing 

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.