Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Nazduruk_Bugzappa

Notes and queries on 2.5

97 posts in this topic

I have made this topic so that those of us who have access to the 2.5 rules can point out typos, queries, etc for an errata/faq document, without @Spartan Mike and @Spartan Josh having to sift through multiple other threads.

The first one I'll put here is the 2" Energy Template is incorrectly listed as a 3" Energy Template. (This also happened in the 2.0 book).

1 hour ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

I have made this topic so that those of us who have access to the 2.5 rules can point out typos, queries, etc for an errata/faq document, without @Spartan Mike and @Spartan Josh having to sift through multiple other threads.

The first one I'll put here is the 2" Energy Template is incorrectly listed as a 3" Energy Template. (This also happened in the 2.0 book).

Cut and paste! We all do it.

Something that I might have missed, but it looks like the restrictions on what you can fire when Submerged have been lifted.

Disregard. I've found the rule.

Pg 168-disruption generator: d6 result of 1-3=no effect, 3-5=generator offline.

Roll the 3, it's where everybody wins.

Elessar likes this

• Page 216, in the text the player name 'Marc' is used while on the sheet he is called 'Dave'.
  • Page 137, small redundacy error: all special munitions type now require that all weapons used in an attack have the relevant special munition, this is however still also stated for Devastating munitions.
  • Page 102, "Critical hits without suffering a critical hit" paragraph. Nowhere in this  paragraph the term "focused critical hit table" is used, while I think it is about that table. This makes it a bit vague and unclear. Also 2 times a case is stated with the same results. Better to make it one case and just say that then is rolled on the focused crit table (d6), ignoring hp loss.

And some points that I might just be reading incorrectly:

• Page 147 & 149, the Sabotage boarding result. "A Sabotaged Model suffers a Focused Critical Hit and the Attacker must roll on the Critical Hit Table". Does this mean that the model suffers both a Focused Critical Hit and a normal Critical Hit?
    I think it is intented as just a Focused Critical hit but this would remove the damage component from a sabotage (effectively a boarding nerf, also meaning that when both sides are wiped out a Small survives now).
  • Page 189, Re-Building a squadron. Newly created SAS don't get an activation marker? So they can be used in the same Turn as when build. Might be correct but this increases the powerlevel of Carriers a lot.
    This could lead to a lot of activations, most extreme example: Carrier 9 with 2x4 SAS, you activate the two SAS first, they both die. You activate the carrier, rebuild 3 SAS with size 3 and activate them in the same turn. Potentially 6 activations in 1 turn from 1 carrier.

Page 183: Local Air Support and Combat Air Patrol. The page numbers listed are given for each other. LAS "see page 80 for more" should be see page 86, CAP "see page 86 for more" should be see page 80

Page 169 Target Painter Generator:

The Target Painter Generator may be activated
during the Consolidation Step of the Movement
Segment of the Model’s Activation. When activated,
the Generator can target ONE Model within the
Range” listed in parenthesis. Roll a D6, on the roll
of a 3+ the target is ‘painted’. Any Attack made by
Models in the activating Squadron using the Weapon
listed in parenthesis against the Model receives a +1
bonus to hit on their Attack Dice (AD) rolls.
Multiple
instances of this Generator do not have a cumulative
effect.

Is this correct or just a case of poor wording when the entry was re-written?

Have a target painter only help the squadron that uses it really hurts it and completely removes the generator from the "support" role I always thought it was supposed to be.

Mr.ponders and Sebenko like this

6 minutes ago, Erloas said:

Multiple
effect.

Have a target painter only help the squadron that uses it really hurts it and completely removes the generator from the "support" role I always thought it was supposed to be.

Hmm, that would be a shame :/

Though it explains the lack of a 'target painted' marker in the marker section on page 265...

2 hours ago, Erloas said:

Multiple
effect.

I had noticed that when I skim read it. It really does make some of them a one turn weapon, I'm thinking of the KoB torp ones. The Dominions is currently 16" which means move to range two use it, fire torps next turn use it but with no rb1 torps on dominions n tribals you are then probably too close for the squardon to fire at it. Agincourts can but that's pretty limiting.

As I said in the CoA thread, I hope we can get @Spartan Mike or @Spartan Josh in here to clarify if this is an intentional change, or if the orphaned wording 'painted' is just lacking some explanations, or if it's another case of expanded generators for certain factions (e.g. perhaps they're not persistent for most, but Britannian torpedo painters or CoA E-turret painters would be).

Another thing i would like to know if we are able to put spearcheulder tokens on units as lomlng we have one of it libked to our tesla weapons,  in the sense that we do not need to lead the attack with the speerscheulder weapon. 

Also,  can we respawn those free SAS?

4 minutes ago, Zahariel said:

Another thing i would like to know if we are able to put spearcheulder tokens on units as lomlng we have one of it libked to our tesla weapons,  in the sense that we do not need to lead the attack with the speerscheulder weapon. 

Speerschleuders always worked like that. 

23 minutes ago, Zahariel said:

Yes.  The re-build action only requires that the SAS come from those lost in battle.  If those are from local air support or from other carrier SAS squads doesn't matter.

Although given how it is worded you may not actually have to loose a full unit.  I think RAI you have to loose a unit, and only if you've completely lost a unit can you rebuild another, but RAW I could see it read as "as long as you have enough SAW in your scrapyard to build a unit of the size the carrier outputs you can put a new SAS out."

Either way though, if you had one unit of local air support that was knocked down to 1 (so 4 SAW lost) and another unit of 3 completely wiped out then a carrier could launch a new unit depending on the size the carrier does.  If it is a carrier that does 1x5 then you could take 3 from the wiped unit and 2 from the local air support and turn them into a new 1x5 unit.  Or 1x3, 1x4, 1x5 depending on what carrier(s) you have and what they can do.  If you only have a carrier (left) that does 1x5 and only have 4 SAW in the graveyard then you can't rebuild yet.

Of course replenishing a squad does not have that limitation.  So if you have 1x5 and 1x3 units and loose the unit of 1x3 and 2 more out of the 1x5 unit you can rebuild a new unit of 1x5 (assuming your carrier does that) and then replenish the 1x5 unit and end up with a total of 10 on the board.  Of course those sorts of situations will really only come up if you've got quite a few carriers of various sizes and loose some.

Yasbir likes this

It doesn't say that new squadron need to be the pre-defined size. The way I interpret it is that you can build a size-3 squadron, even with a carrier (6, 1x5), provided you have atleast 3 SAW in the scrap heap.

Edit: nvm, thanks @Erloas :P

Page 189 under Re-Building a Squadron

The Carrier Model may then immediately launch
the new SAS equal to the permitted Squadron size
stated in the Carrier’s MAR.

Elessar and NaH2PO4aq like this

51 minutes ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

Does a mine-laying submarine still have to surface, to deploy mines?

I believe so,  the only weapons yiu get to use while diving are torps and pa

4 hours ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

Does a mine-laying submarine still have to surface, to deploy mines?

3 hours ago, Zahariel said:

I believe so,  the only weapons yiu get to use while diving are torps and pa

Mines are not considered as weapons... so they can be deployed while diving (p. 138/139)

The energy template should be 2"

The target painter wording is correct, this has been changed in the new edition.

Submarines do need to surface to use Mines as they are counted as a weapon type, even though you are not using them in the firing segment. 

Josh

tansalus likes this

51 minutes ago, Spartan Josh said:

The target painter wording is correct, this has been changed in the new edition.

That's really disappointing. My CoA fleet is looking kinda dull now.

Mr.ponders likes this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.