Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
jcee

Terran's and Allies

37 posts in this topic

Starting my fleet

Hawker Industries Patrol Fleet and Carrier

A75F8eZ4.jpg

(primed gray, air brushed base coat khaki, dry brushed off white, umber wash)

Terran Patrol Fleet
QWd2VjwS.jpg

(primed gray, air brush base heavy ochre, dry brushed, ivanden darksun, jokaero orange for Trim, delvan mud wash)

Everything on hand (not in the mail :) ) painted.  Planning on adding some more cruisers, battle cruiser squadron.

2KEQF2Zy.jpg

KeNzItnO.jpg

7rkkcic5.jpg

92P3y6AM.jpg

Interesting color scheme. The terans are definitely not the their standard monochromatic selves. I like it!

jcee likes this

Thanks.  I was trying to keep it simple as I was excited to play :)  

Destroyer squadron and Armsmen squadron (had to switch to the newer citadel version of the orange I was using, wasn't quite a direct replacement :mellow:)

ExY35RdO.jpg

xThky2bq.jpg

PJaNoG1z.jpg

fracas, Skyhawk, azrael and 1 other like this

Nice to see Terrans in something other than grey! Have you considered adding an ink wash to help bring out details? The Army Painters Strong Tone would be a good match for your scheme. Leaving the engines, of course:D

they have been washed with a dark brown (umber).  They are also matte finished. 

The paint's are pretty heavy pigment (older citadel foundations) on the terran ships, and the initial wash just didn't have a huge effect.  I have thought of doing another wash on them.  

WestAustralian likes this

3 minutes ago, WestAustralian said:

Very nice, it has added more shadow. 

The Orange is still quite striking

Nicely done

Thanks.  I find the opaque paints a little hard to work with, not sure I will go that route again, but for my first fleet I am happy with the outcome.

WestAustralian likes this

Finally got around to painting the Hawker SRS tokens

CNjfHqSM.jpg

A new arrival, Ares carrier built on contract by Hawker industries (not really liking the blue trim, might go with my old standby orange)

MGcQbQIm.jpg

Skyhawk, azrael, Botticelli and 2 others like this

So I started fiddling with my airbrush and went with this color scheme very close to whats on the Veydreth gunship box.  I Not sure what color I want the engines (or nacelles or whatever you call them :) ), was thinking of blending them back to dark green.  I was also thinking of the opposite extreme some brighter contrast like khaki or even more extreme.  

SXIApQcN.jpg

WestAustralian and Skyhawk like this

Awesome Veydreth Gunships @jcee

very nice airbrushing and great job with the highlights and details. 

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see what you paint next

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.