adentw

First Timer Hard to Find Rules

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! played my first game with a friend about a week ago. Lots of detailed questions came up that I was unable to answer quickly. A lot of them I think could be in the forums, or errata or something. Just curious if people could quickly answer my questions.

1. Covenant Gliding: Do I have to glide the full distance ("may" wording) or can I only go half rounded up like movement?
  2. Can one glide back and forth indefinitely?
  3. Can you use an ability multiple times per battlegroup, per turn if dice and description may allow? (ex: Lord Hood "Do What it Takes" healing roll used multiple times on 1 element? How about Rho's defensive re-roll ability but on differing dice for the same attack?)
  4. Can I "bounce around" my boarders by shooting them from friendly ship to friendly ship? Ex: spread hunter teams around my covenant fleet to make better use of them? Or mass groups of boarders for a large assault when needed?
  5. Can I "bounce around" the same units multiple times in 1 round? (ex. Shoot hunters from a Carrack to an ORS in different BG. Shoot them from ORS to a Marathon in a different BG. etc).
  6. Can boarders end up being stored on things not normally allowed to carry them? (Paris frigates or something).

Thanks for the help.

1. Full distance only. You cannot glide into terrain that will cause damage. (FAQ/errata)

2. Yes!

3. Yes!

4. I think you can. Remember though, you can only have as many boarding craft as you have slots in a ship.

5. Fascinating...I don't know where my book is, otherwise I'd give a better answer.

6. Yes, but they will be stuck there forever, unable to launch. (FAQ/errata)

Another Question:

"Vice Admiral Stanforth galvanized the UNSC forces at Reach into a formidable force using a combination of raw charisma and intuitive command skills. Stanforth may re-roll two fleet orders dice once per turn. The second result must be accepted."

This is pretty self explanatory to me. He May re-roll 2 fleet orders once per turn. Quickly though... Could he roll 1 instead? or if he rerolls, he must do 2?

Rho is a bit more confusing to me:

"Rho 'Barutamee is a skilled military leader and an excellent tactician. He can therefore choose to re-roll the initiative dice each turn, but the second result must be accepted."

1. What are "initiative dice" compared to fleet order dice?
  2. Can he re-roll 1? All? as many as he desires to re-roll?

Wow. I just realized how Rho's ability works and what the initiative dice are... haha. Makes sense now. Still curious if you can re-roll 1 or 2 or only 2 for Stanforth.

The key word is "may". You may reroll up to two Order dice per turn. Would be good to change to that wording in the future though.