Skyhawk

Custom ship stat advice needed.

9 posts in this topic

Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where I would post this question.

I have been building a custom fleet for Firestorm Taskforce. I have asked my main opponent's permission to build and use the fleet. However I need some advice on the stats. I have not done any testing yet.  

CLASS- Impeial mark 2 Battleship

SQUAD SIZE- 1

COST- 235

M-7  DR-9  HP-8 CP-7 PD-4 SH-3

WEAPONS

LASER BATTERY(P+S) MARS -   PB-10  EF-15 LR-6

ION BATTERY(360) MARS(corrosive) PB-8 EF-5 LR-0 

BOMBERS (1x)  PB-7 EF-7 LR-0

MARS- Elite crew

This is my first time doing this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WestAustralian and Pathogen like this

Did you pick an existing ship as a base, and then modify as needed?

i will give your stats a check over later today. I am on bad wifi, can't hang long

THANKYOU SOMEONE HAS FINALLY REPLIED!!!

And no didn't use a single ship as a tenplate, I wrote down the stats for most of the official battleships and figured out the lowest and highest number for each stat. I used that range of numbers as a rough guide. Though on points and weapons I mostly guessed:). Though I did use a bit of real star destroyer fluff to help determine some of the stats.

A good example of this is the low PD, star destroyers are vunerable to TRD(trench run disease). Ion cannons are not know for accuracy at long range hence the high close range damage on them. They also scrambleship systems which is why they have corrosive. 

WestAustralian likes this

Sorry @Skyhawk I have been working away, access to wi-fi been sporadic. 

The stats look really good compared to the other ships. 

Interested Observations not criticism: the main stats look great and are well within range. Not a lot of battleships have bombers. Also the PD is very low. Not sure how these 2 will affect it. It certainly does not look priced low. I wonder if it needs to drop 10 points, it's hard to tell.

It looks very interesting and I hope you get a chance to test it soon. 

WA

Skyhawk likes this

I gave it bombers because Star destroyers don't typically have torpedoes that I know of, and it needed a Blue attack. If it doesn't work then I'll give it torpedoes and switch to intercepters for the SRS. Hopefully I can do some testing soon.

9 hours ago, WestAustralian said:

Sorry @Skyhawk I have been working away, access to wi-fi been sporadic. 

Don't worry about it life happens sometimes.

I gave it bombers because Star destroyers don't typically have torpedoes that I know of, and it needed a Blue attack. If it doesn't work then I'll give it torpedoes and switch to intercepters for the SRS. Hopefully I can do some testing soon.

WestAustralian and Pathogen like this

I think bombers is a great idea and matches the concept. Just as the low PD matches the concept. I think the points cost may be high but it's all guess work. 

The Syndicate Phantom Battleship has Bombers. PB 14, EF 14. Similar ship in some ways and 235points 

i like what you are doing

WA