Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
greg

Gregs Repulique of France

23 posts in this topic

Hiya. Ive been collected RoF models for ages but only recently started to work through them and paint them up. Also trying to improve my photography and get better at photographing minis - so feedback/opinions welcome :D

Bn2HM0X.jpg

Thanks matey. Had a lot of trouble getting the lances to look right - lots of failed attempts before I found one on this forum (forget whos) to copy :)

Speaking of lances - here's more.

MgZtpO6.jpgwAGFVd6.jpgauYX6mx.jpgy9Yn3WW.jpg

Farcages, tansalus, OliJ and 2 others like this

Really nice ! The color are very top notch

Your heat lance effect is subtle almost realistic and match with the color.

Like the red band on your ship;)

1 hour ago, Paradomutante said:

how did you painted the decks?

The decks are just a light tan (Coat d-arms Horse Tone Roan) thats washed with Army Painter Strong Tone Ink (aka GW devlan mud).

The flight decks are the same with the added steps (a) when dry brushing the gold trim around the sides, mess up and splotch gold onto the decks  (b) panic and dry brush white in the middle of the deck + stipple black/brown wash around the edges to cover up the mess you made  (c) hope that nobody notices ;) 

Paradomutante likes this

Who! Great job, man!
Might I ask what's holding up the SAWs? I suppose it's just another flying base, right?

greg likes this

Yeh, it's just a normal flying base. All my fliers + flying bases are magnetised so I added a magnet on the underside of the saw "tray" and was good to go.

I was soooo tempted to do that cool thing Ive seen several folks do - to saw off the individual fighter planes and attach them to wires - but just don't have the time atm.

Venter likes this

how did you get the white so clean? Nice contrast with my victorian black french fleet ;)

4 hours ago, Nicius said:

how did you get the white so clean? Nice contrast with my victorian black french fleet ;)

It is quite the contrast huh! ;)

The white is an air brushed light grey (vallejo, forget the name) gradient up to 50/50 grey/white. Then I pin wash the dark lines with a light body black wash and after Ive painted decks/metallics I edge in pure white.

Nicius likes this

it looks really great! Thanks for the rundown on the white. I might try it myself sometime, but for now I'm staying clear of white paint schemes.

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.