Bazlord

Marketing the North Star pre-orders

35 posts in this topic

@Spartan Games

I notice that the pre-orders for the above pretty much stalled after the Tuesday 27th deadline for the free BBs, and i reckon it might part be because the text about ordering before June 27th to get said extra free stuff is still on there.

If anyone else is a bit like me, it can be a little off-putting to see what free stuff you've missed out on, so why not remove that text, as it no longer applies.

It would also be a great help to potential purchasers to have pictures included of the free stuff they would still get - the Quebec class airship, the Sibrand Metzger and the STO fortress. Relying on people to themselves go searching for pictures of these things is asking them to do more work, and in sales it's usually about making the choice to spend as easy as possible for the client.

Plus, all those extras are AMAZING!!! Why not showcase them, and let people get as excited about owning them as you guys are about having made them!

Baz.

Or, if the target for pre-orders hasn't exceeded the total free extra models, alter the text to remove the date! (Then anyone who, like me, forgot to before the date, might preorder too!)

Bazlord likes this

I'm one of the few who ordered after the 27th (only because pay day was the 28th). I might not be getting the extra battleships, but at least I'm getting the other models.

1 hour ago, Nazduruk_Bugzappa said:

I'm one of the few who ordered after the 27th (only because pay day was the 28th). I might not be getting the extra battleships, but at least I'm getting the other models.

Not everybody is going to see the text about what they've missed, and be a little put off - I realise that - but i still think some might.

And the renders of the STO Fortress came quite in the piece, so extending the offer of the free BBs would certainly be a nice move. If Spartan did that tho, they should definitely make a big thing of the extension, rather than just remove the date limit. 

Gotta let people know that the goodies exist if they're going to buy them up!

@thread

Good news!

I spoke to the big boss. Gave him a good old pile of nagging and it's looking like we will have some good news for this awesome promotion of Operation:Northstar sorted out and put into a blog and or email in the next day/Saturday!

check the website and registered emails for an update! Not sure where it will land, but good news is coming @Bazlord :) 

ALSO!

cause I want to get in trouble...

Very exciting news about my next super secret project a bit ahead of time for all you forum readers... Ottoman Empire players and Republic of Egyptian enthusiasts (fresh as they may be!)...

You better saddle up! ;) 

-Mike

Is the STO fortress going to have it's own seperate rules outside of scenarios or is it going to be used as a universal fortification?  Please say it will have it's own rules.  I am also hoping that unlike some of the previous 2 player boxes this one will have scenarios.  

5 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

@thread

Good news!

I spoke to the big boss. Gave him a good old pile of nagging and it's looking like we will have some good news for this awesome promotion of Operation:Northstar sorted out and put into a blog and or email in the next day/Saturday!

check the website and registered emails for an update! Not sure where it will land, but good news is coming @Bazlord :) 

ALSO!

cause I want to get in trouble...

Very exciting news about my next super secret project a bit ahead of time for all you forum readers... Ottoman Empire players and Republic of Egyptian enthusiasts (fresh as they may be!)...

You better saddle up! ;) 

-Mike

Ok Mike- my girlfriend wants to kiss you over the Ottoman hint, and my wallet wants to murder you....  I'm assuming it's another 2 player set?  PLEASE PLEASE wait till at least next month to put it on pre-order?  Some of us need to get a 3rd job at this rate with all these release! :)

PS- I hope if it is a OE-RoE set, that RoE get a combo of Naval box models and new ones- aerial maybe?

Since the Republic of Egypt was voted as a main nation we can expect a lot of models to compete with other big forces.

Maybe Mike's super secret project will bring to us the alliance expansion for the Ottoman Empire, my brother would be particularly happy ;)

Imagine a full aerial 2-player box !

Benchpresser likes this

My main hope is for RoE to be as badass as they look. Sooner or later I will be want a break from my FSA - and it's pretty much a choice between PLC and RoE at the minute!

Spartan Mike and Marden like this

Hard choice, both faction look pretty tough and are skimming / multi-purpose forces wich is really cool. But, maybe the death sunray will make a big difference once we'll now it's statistics :)

Edit : I just remembered, a long, long time ago, when our people had to vote wich new nation would be implemented as part of the kickstarter, the Spartan who was here with us said on the comments it would be most cool to have a fight above the sand between Egypt and the Ottoman Empire. Look like it's coming to reality ;)

Benchpresser, Bazlord and Elessar like this

8 hours ago, Zahariel said:

Wait,  what about the STO fortress?  Will we able to order it separately? 

I bought my order to get the STO side w/ free Metzer BEFORE I saw the base. I REALLY want that base, and if they don't offer it as a solo purchase, I would gladly buy it off one of you that get one. Also, you can go ahead and make that Zeppelin Hanger available too, @Spartan Games:D

18 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

Good news!

HURRAH!! 

Nice nagging, Mike! You gotz skillz!! ;-)

definitely interested in seeing what you guys are up to since I have just returned to DW after a few years without an opponent and north star is a perfect add on for my PE and KOB fleets.  Hopefully I can finally have a real Canadian fleet

Benchpresser likes this

3 hours ago, Asmodian said:

definitely interested in seeing what you guys are up to since I have just returned to DW after a few years without an opponent and north star is a perfect add on for my PE and KOB fleets.  Hopefully I can finally have a real Canadian fleet

Welcome back. Sorry to hear that you plan on using the treacherous and villainous Britannia, but your Prussians are always welcome!

:D 

@Asmodian Welcome back to the conflict! I think you will be pretty thrilled with the two new fleets! The STO finally get a strong pair of legs to stand on... and those Canadians... damn are they scrappy and are infact a mighty "actual" fleet!

@Bazlord lol skills might be the wrong word for it. I think it's more my delightful SoCal complaining/worm-tonguing! ;) 

@Marden / @Elessar the stats will knock your socks off. RoE is a very impressive fleet. Tough and awkwardly capable in its threat bands! Very unorthodox and completely unique... even after you consider the amazing design of thier hulls! Badass is a good word for them! :) 

@Benchpresser your girlfriend eh? Tell her to slide me a PM! "Wink" :wub: lol 

Sorry about your wallet chief! But this new exciting mind busting phase of my descent into the madness of the Great Conflict has some terribly cool new stuff... and we are just scratching the surface! But don't worry too much, it's not coming that fast! (As much as I am sure the Big Boss wishes it was possible!)

Lots to work on! The gears must never stop!

@Jsiegel1983 Naturally we have to make it awesome enough to play with in any venue! damned thing is just too amazing! ;) 

Happy Hunting!

-Mike

Marden, tansalus, Elessar and 1 other like this

@Gen. Eric - finding gaming partners around here (smaller town east of toronto) is difficult so I figured why not just collect a bunch of fleets since its much easier to get people hooked if they can play a few games before they have to put money down.  Plus I HAD to play Canadians even if they were just a different KoB paint scheme....until now that is :)

@Spartan Mike - Everything looks pretty awesome right now since last time I played you guys were still ironing out your casting process (one of my rievers looks like it has some kind of infection lol).  Luckily the Reichstag (AKA my wonderful wife) has approved a plan for modernization and expansion of the fleet so I may or may not have dropped 200 GBP already..............

Also I'm really hoping that the operation icemaiden 2 player set is available at some point since my new opponent is running RC but we just started in June so missed the kickstarter :(.   The one thing I really love about your guys is how awesome the 2 player sets are for value for dollar the contents always seem to be worth about double what the box costs.  Or even more if you get bonus like my STO fortress and two free BB's did I mention I was super excited for August?!?!

Bazlord and Benchpresser like this

4 hours ago, Asmodian said:

@Gen. Eric - finding gaming partners around here (smaller town east of toronto) is difficult so I figured why not just collect a bunch of fleets since its much easier to get people hooked if they can play a few games before they have to put money down.  Plus I HAD to play Canadians even if they were just a different KoB paint scheme....until now that is :)

I'm doing the same thing here in Portland, OR USA. I even bought a friend of mine a EotBS force worth about 1k (I got it for substantially less). Now he's guilted into playing. Plus he's @RepubliqueOfLasers roommate. I love STO because of their Big Stompy Robots.:P

8 hours ago, Asmodian said:

@Spartan Mike - Everything looks pretty awesome right now since last time I played you guys were still ironing out your casting process (one of my rievers looks like it has some kind of infection lol).  Luckily the Reichstag (AKA my wonderful wife) has approved a plan for modernization and expansion of the fleet so I may or may not have dropped 200 GBP already..............

Also I'm really hoping that the operation icemaiden 2 player set is available at some point since my new opponent is running RC but we just started in June so missed the kickstarter :(.   The one thing I really love about your guys is how awesome the 2 player sets are for value for dollar the contents always seem to be worth about double what the box costs.  Or even more if you get bonus like my STO fortress and two free BB's did I mention I was super excited for August?!?!

I'm doing the same Asmodian.  One the models are such a joy to paint, and this way I have everything available to offer up demo games at my local watering holes.   Philly can be a bit of a desert if you aren't playing GW or PP or X-Wing.  To date I have my EotBS, RC, CoA, PE, RoF, LoIS and Black Wolf, the GF runs OE (Separatists) and I just picked up the KoB and FSA boxes.  Plus everything on pre-order.  You could say I like the game :)

I believe the Ice Maiden set will be available generally- I think they want to launch the books 1st then the box in September I'd recon.

My Friend and I have a great board game group for dads that we play with regularly so the hope is once I get some fleets together and painted we might be able to entice a few of them over to the dark side.  For now we are just about to start a two player map campaign with persistent fleet (just settled up the rules today) which should be interesting considering it'll be PE vs RC.   I'm thinking we'll have to be pretty generous on our ways to replenish the fleets ;)