makari

v2.5 experienced engineers

10 posts in this topic

In the new rules experienced engineers Works with red 6 but ehat does a red 6 do on an repair roll, do i choose another marker to discard and get a reroll, or is this an error?

I think no. The rules say "roll separately for each ... marker". And since Experienced Engineers doesn't state an exception to that rule (and it had a black 6 in 2.0) I would assume it's a typo.

This mar doesn't aplly during the Damage repair phase, at the end phase, but when your model do a Friendly Boarding Action. Only model with "repair" in their classification can do such thing, you'll find more informations at page 197

Kisses.

Fair point - and now the red 6 makes sense. In my gaming group we played the "Experienced Engineers" in the end phase and removed crit and persistent effects on 3+. We use repair models very seldom, so I'm not used to them.

On 7/27/2017 at 3:35 PM, Tricky guy said:

This mar doesn't aplly during the Damage repair phase, at the end phase, but when your model do a Friendly Boarding Action. Only model with "repair" in their classification can do such thing, you'll find more informations at page 197

Kisses.

This is incorrect. Experienced engineers are that you make a combat repair roll in the end phase on a 3+ (removing crit effects etc). This is called Damage Repair (page 156) which is the same as in the MAR on page 161. Why it says on red dice I don't know, typo perhaps or maybe it is indeed that with Experienced Engineers you can remove multiple markers with a 6.

You can see this for example in the KoB Orbat. All KoB Large and Massive units have Experienced Engineers while they are no repair unit. Also the KoB Dynasty, the Fleet Support Vessel, has a special rule that it repairs on a 3+.

Gonmoa likes this

7 hours ago, NaH2PO4aq said:

This is incorrect. Experienced engineers are that you make a combat repair roll in the end phase on a 3+ (removing crit effects etc). This is called Damage Repair (page 156) which is the same as in the MAR on page 161. Why it says on red dice I don't know, typo perhaps or maybe it is indeed that with Experienced Engineers you can remove multiple markers with a 6.

You can see this for example in the KoB Orbat. All KoB Large and Massive units have Experienced Engineers while they are no repair unit. Also the KoB Dynasty, the Fleet Support Vessel, has a special rule that it repairs on a 3+.

I agree with you and disagree with @Tricky guy, although is used very similar words, is not the same Repair attemps (page 197) than Damage Repair attemps (page 156)

Wolfchild likes this

I think a lot of these red (D6) issues arise from computer assuming u want 'RED (D6)' after typing, "4, 5," because it's such a frequent term in this system.

In this case however it's down to Repair versus Damage Repair.

Its very easy to just read 'repair' and confuse the two.

Gonmoa likes this

On 29/07/2017 at 4:26 AM, Gonmoa said:

I agree with you and disagree with @Tricky guy, although is used very similar words, is not the same Repair attemps (page 197) than Damage Repair attemps (page 156)

The rule of the dynasty fleet support vessel is : 

When performing a repair action repair dice generate a success
on a result of a 3, 4, 5, or (Red) 6

When i look for "Repair dice" in the rulebook, the only occurences are on page 197 : 

The total number of AP allocated to each Target Model is translated into Repair Dice. Repair Dice require a 4, 5 or (RED) 6 to register a success.

Also, to me, in the end phase, we're talking about "repair test". The mar is about "performing a repair action". I understand the word "action" as a choice of the player... But you're wright, it's  ambiguously worded. 

Edit : my bad, i was talking about the special rule "Miracle Workers". Forget what i said. :)

The Repair MAR restores lost HP whereas the End Phase Damage Repairs impact on game markers not HP.  No mention of (Red) 6 for Damage Repairs but are applicable for Repair MAR as you need to match DR or CR of model to effect a HP recovery (repair).