Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vedar

How is PF doing in July SG?

14 posts in this topic

Greetings SG,

I've not had a chance to look through all the posts (maybe make a read only post for general updates?) but I'm just curious if we are still on track for 2.0 this year which would make me quite happy? I see FA is gearing up for a KS (very nice) but I don't think I have heard much on the PF side lately. I'm afraid it has been a little difficult playtesting PF without more of the rule book. Please keep posts positive here, I think as a whole we just need a bit more communication and it would keep people on the happy side of things. 

Thanks.

my main concern is what they gonna do with PF, PF imho lacks from a clear concept, i played plenty small scale miniature wargames (epic40k, DZC, Flames of War, Warmaster historic) but PF dont have a definite play concept. At this moment is a slugfest, but when you play a lot, one become aware of is a half baked game, intended to be something halfway old Epic40k (search and destroy while taking objetives) and DZC (high mobility to take the targets) but not reaching none of the two.

I for one would like to get the feeling of massive armies with massive warmachines fighting over critical objectives. Right now it is a slighlty balanced slugfest where the objectives don't matter. I think I want it to be a bit like the old Epic 40K (although I never played that myself, only saw it on the tabletop).

The models are amazing for Planetfall, and that was the one thing that made me choose Planetfall over DZC. 

2 hours ago, Nicius said:

The models are amazing for Planetfall, and that was the one thing that made me choose Planetfall over DZC. 

Agree

i like to see more emphasis on objectives and infantry to take them 

Paradomutante likes this

1 hour ago, Nicius said:

Objectives are kind of pointless in Planetfall indeed.

For small games, I agree. But when objectives start to give 8/12 points per turn, they are worth playing them.

Well we never reached games that big u fortunately. With the current state I'm hesistant to invest heavily in Planetfall.

1 hour ago, Nicius said:

time to focus on my other non Spartan Games.

i guess so:blink:, at least it looks like i will have plenty of time to finish colonials and who knows maybe even ecw?

I seriously doubt that PF will roll in with the FSA Kickstarter. It might, but I doubt it, seriously......

I Paint way more than I play these days, so mostly I want to get the new core models. 

I do find the attitude here and the continuous lack of constructive communication from SG a real drag on my personal drive. Without feedback on my painting blog/thread I would have dropped off ages ago

cm284, alamo and Voyager like this

31 minutes ago, WestAustralian said:

I do find the attitude here and the continuous lack of constructive communication from SG a real drag on my personal drive. Without feedback on my painting blog/thread I would have dropped off ages ago

that makes 2 of us as i surely enjoy your hobby thread wes..........a very bright spot and always a joy to see your work.:D

WestAustralian and cm284 like this