Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
draco84oz

What is it you want to see?

109 posts in this topic

Hi Flamebeast,

Like I said earlier, we do indeed need to do some work in this area. We have some stuff, wonderfully generic word there, that is being looked at for things like FA 3.0 and DW 2.5. But you are right, reaching out to folk is needed.

Neil

I hope you guys get it lined out.  I have a significant amount of store credit at the LGS that would be great to use on getting new Firestorm stuff.  The owner probably won't be as happy though!

I admit that I got my ships on ebay. Mainly because I couldn't find anything locally. But it did help me get a few rare ships. If I can find something locally then I will be more than happy to get it there. I really do hope that you all can get your stuff out!

5 minutes ago, Skyhawk said:

I admit that I got my ships on ebay. Mainly because I couldn't find anything locally. If I can find something locally then I will be more than happy to get it there.

Same here, I like to support the local stores.  However there is nothing carried locally here anymore (Northern California), I have to get all my stuff from Game Nerdz...  That doesn't help attract new people to the game, if they don't see it on the shelves.

Hey, I know there was a thought floating around a good while back about historical battle boxed sets, with the attack on Dramos being the example. Is this still a thought? Do you have a list of historical battles somewhere to reference?

1 minute ago, Hive said:

Hey, I know there was a thought floating around a good while back about historical battle boxed sets, with the attack on Dramos being the example. Is this still a thought? Do you have a list of historical battles somewhere to reference?

Neil did mention pulling out a Razorthorn and tinkering with the design a little. When did SG get formed...2009? Possible 10th anniversary set?

Spartan_FA_Mike likes this

Well, if they can make the Razorthorn an easier piece to put together and a whole lot less screwing around, that mightn't be so bad. 

Short list of things that I want - 

Clarity of communication - we need to know what you guys are doing and what you're trying to do. We need to know how you want to keep your hobby going. 

More details - We need meat to the universes and not only that, they need proper care, thought and attention. The Terran Alliance can't be the British Empire in Space (Tm) and the Dindrenzi can't be the American Resistance in Space (Tm). They need to be treated honestly, given time, research and development that is organic, planned and meticulous. 

More background - we need to know more about the universes. We need to know more about who we're fighting for and against. We need to know that the Terrans released a few missiles, dropped a few rods and went WTF? at the explosions that followed. While the Dindrenzi use this as a rallying cry to fight the oppressive Terran Alliance. We need to know what the Charter says and why it works that way. We need to know what the Directorate is up to and why they're busy screwing around with things that are just better fired into the nearest black hole or stellar mass. Give us the meat in the universe and we can take it from there. 

More consistency - Systems need to be consistent. They can't say one thing, but get played another. We need systems across the universes that feel similar, but different. That the ground scale and the fleet scale can be close enough to see the one faction as being in character. We need to know that when we choose a faction, we can get that in both systems. 

More people - You want to keep so many games alive? Get. More. People. Give us a Firestorm studio and a Dystopian studio. We need people who spend their full work days working on one thing at a time. That it's just not more models and more models and more models. You want to have people who know this universe so well they could argue about it with people in at least a dozen languages. 

More focus - You guys need to settle down and work out, focus your core. What is that? Is there even basic thought behind this? What's your core system and what's your core plan to develop it? You want to last the next five years? You need focus to keep people involved. When people drift from system to system, setting to setting, what makes them come back? Right now, I can't see anything for me to come back to. 

I'd like a more granular map of where the major factions are (move the retholzans closer to the sorylians) and where the minor factions predominate/active

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.