Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Klayn_Rogue

Best way to remove superglue from a model.

10 posts in this topic

Recently i was assembling a Kaiju battleship, but i kinda of screwed up a turret a bit and it looks kinda derpy.
I have heard that acetone does it, but also that it melts resin.
I also heard about freezing and then warming it, but i heard that damages resin as well.
So, does anyone knows how to do it ?

The only way I've ever saved a derpy superglue moment is to wait until it dried and chipped it off. Sorry I can't help more

I think you'll always have issues with superglue and resin or plastic.  The compounds are similar enough that I don't think there is anything that will dissolve the superglue but not the resign.

Also because of that superglue tends to bond both really well, so usually your only real choice is to cut them apart.  Depending on the model in question, most turrets should be reasonably easy to cut off.

Gen. Eric likes this

2 hours ago, Erloas said:

I think you'll always have issues with superglue and resin or plastic.  The compounds are similar enough that I don't think there is anything that will dissolve the superglue but not the resign.

Also because of that superglue tends to bond both really well, so usually your only real choice is to cut them apart.  Depending on the model in question, most turrets should be reasonably easy to cut off.

Ya, superglue on resin and plastics is way different than gluing your metal figs. The glue bonds the two pieces of resin/plastic in such a way they are fused together. If it were metal, you could just break it, but resin is forever....unless you have many sharp tools and hours to kill.

Now, if you glued metal to resin, you POSSIBLY can break it off, but not as easy as metal on metal. Hope that helps.

Maybe get a file and wedge it between a strong part of the turret and the barrel. Slowly increase the pressure, adjust the file to a better spot if it looks like the turret will crack.

I also would use a knife to cut away glue you can safely reach.

Good Luck!

Gen. Eric likes this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.