Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Spartan Josh

Fleet Action 2.0 Available for Download!

12 posts in this topic

YES! (but you missed my deadline by couple of hours and now I am stuck on family holiday for another 5 days :-) )

EDITED: but having just quickly look at scenarios - are they completely the same as are in the printed 1.0 rulebook?

The PDF has its own page numbers hoever the references in the pages ,for example under the heading The Battlefield page 4, lists the page number in the DWars 2.5 rulebook. This needs to be amended to prevent confusion.

The other thing that jumped out to me on my read through is the big change to the Mimic Generator in version 1 this reflected its DWars equivalent by enabling a player to mimic an applicaleenemy models generator. Under the new vwersion depending on whether an enemy model is medium or large you increase your models PasD by 1 or 2 would it not be better to rename the generator.

Just noticed that FAQ on version 1 about multi theatre models and contacting terrain has not been included in the new version.

Whelp, I don't think anyone is fielding the Diophantus (CoA) in anything less than a 4000 point fleet.  3100 points for a carrier is a bit much!

Hubcap likes this

Hi Josh just noticed that the orbats for Canada and the Teutonic order are missing also in the 2.5 downloads something up?

I am very happy to see support for FA! I like what I am seing in the updated book. My main concern though is the dice shift penalty due to height levels, is it really going to make any difference? I think I would have prefered a -1/-2 to hit instead.

By the way, Belgium units are still missing in the French orbat (N3 and R-4).

sleeping_squirrel likes this

Rolling extra dice vs not rolling them on a 6...the shift is a logical one. It works with all the other games that uses it. If you put -1/-2 on your dice rolls, how will you use the exploding dice then? No dice shift? Rolling a 5 or 6 to hit ( with the -1/-2 option ) or rolling a 4+ on a blue or black dice ( with dice shift ). 4+ is 50% chance of a hit, 5+ only 33%. Your choice....

I understand, I like exploding like mechanism but it does not mean we need to use it everywhere, for instance I think it is great to make the weapons behave differently. It is just that the dice shift penalty for height level differences does not feel enough in my opinion, I still shot submarines from the sky without any hesitation.

sleeping_squirrel likes this

Epix, I agree, I covered this issue in one of the first topics here. Hitting on 5+ and 6+ would definitely encourage people to field  combined forces more as at least some aerial cover will be always handy.

The game is of course fine like it is but in my opinion it could have been better :-)

Edited: found the topic:

On 13. 7. 2016 at 11:50 AM, sleeping_squirrel said:

Real effect of shifting between expoding dice and heavy dice is so small that in my opinion did not deserve mechanics to be build around it. See below, in average it is a difference of 1 real dice, sometimes 2 (defended/durable smalls and mediums). It gets bigger with more dice throwen but even with large ships and salvoes around 20 dice it is 3 or 4 dice (which is ok, I have problem with smalls and mediums). Difference between exploding and basic dice is fine.

I know, its averages and dice go wild often but with more games under the belt one will notice that statistics works :-)

FA-average.jpg

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.