Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Xerkics

Disagreement with rules changes

30 posts in this topic

Just now, Spartan Neil said:

Hi Guys,

Just to be clear with this. 3.0 is not locked and we are evaluating your comments and some rules will be changed and your feedback embraced, be it Cloaks, Battle Shunt and so on.

I have defined a number of changes in the rules and additions to the game I have requested. Not all are going to sit comfortably with all players, but while some of you think your comments are being ignored, I am telling you here that this is not the case. Additionally, I have already said that the full rules will be handed out for folk to play with before I print any books.

There has been some good feedback and it has been clear that some of my rule changes have needed more consideration/tweaking with their impact.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi, promises is all well and good but i dont think most people are that concerned about rules being "printed" seeing as how most of us get the rules online. Rather than that you started this  kickstarter prematurely while we havent had the rules yet. No rules no pics/ renders of new models for core races. You kinda requiring people to support this kickstarter on blind faith saying trust us while most of the changes you proposed people are against? Why did you start kickstarter without finalising any of the changes or having at least art to show us for what we ll be buying in or having any idea how the stuff we ll  be paying for will work rules and stats wise.

Hi Xerkics,

The Core Nation model images will be shown during the campaign. We did this for DW Core Nations and it worked well for us and I am happy with this method. If this doesn't suit all folk, I am sure they'll grab the models post KS in retail.

We know what the Expansion models are and how they'll play out - but as I stated, they will be download stats and if you all think we got them wrong we can adjust.

Given timings on the KS the rulebook will have time to be reviewed, finalised and printed for folk. We are already making amends to the rules based on the feedback we have additionally gathered. Our statistics are downloads, not printed, so are not date affected, and hence don't affect the KS. And with these community feedback is important.

Timing - well we're in August already and we have a lot of things to do with FA. We're playing catch up with FA and DW, and whilst lots of things are underway we need to get it done. And doing things before the end of the year is important for me personally.

Cheers,

Neil

tansalus, fracas, azrael and 1 other like this

@Spartan Neil

Is it possible to give a brief dot point version of some of the rules you may be reconsidering?

A disclaimer stating that although you are reconsidering the "mechanic/rule" in question, it may not alter is a fair and expected addition.

Some examples:

Improved Thrusters, are you considering a name change and an additional line about ignoring intervening terrain to retain the "lore/theme" of Relthoza?

Removing the Full Stop order for the Command Orders and allowing that to be done as a general ability?

Cloaking, though I suppose the more pertinent question is what level of reconsidering being done here?

tansalus likes this

Hi Meatshield,

Thanks for the post. That would be a good thing for us to do. Leave it with me please and I'll get it up when I make it back to the office.

All the best,

Neil

tansalus likes this

@Spartan Neil thanks for the come back and incuraging words, but the sooner you get the stats and rules out to us the better. I have tried in the past to drum up new fans to this great game and because of that I don't play as much as I would like. no one is interested in the game in my area due mostly to the lack of vendors carrying your game. If we had have good rules like in V2 that needed only minor tweeks things would be different. your kickstart most likely be further along and you could concentrete on ststs & mars for old and new mods.  I mean no disrespect sir but it is what a lot of us think. I feel you are pushing PF on us with rules that do not work. I can only support One game due to finances and Fire storm is that game. I do not have the funds to get into PF nor do I wish to. from what I have read on this forum PF needs to fallow FSA not the other way around. just my thoughts sir no disrespect intended. K.I.S.S. works most of the time or if you like the Irish saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" thanks for your time 

Xerkics and LBPB like this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.