Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
clifford

Clifford's fleets of fancy

22 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've posted on this forum, but in the cyclic nature of these things my gaming group is getting back into some good fleet action fun and I'm getting some lovely chunks of resin painted.

First up is a cruiser for my communist space lizards:

instag10.jpg

WestAustralian and fracas like this

Why, thank you.B)

Prior to this I'd been painting some 15mm historicals in various shades of muddy brown, so this was pretty much an excuse to break out the bright & gaudy.

Fluff wise many lizards use bright colours as part of threat displays, so I can always argue these guys do the same.

It's p3 "arcane blue". It's closer to turquoise.

The combination of full sun and a phone camera have added a slight sheen to the colour.

It reminds me of a armour shader in Destiny called glowhoo. Other than the fact I need my sunglasses they look goodB). More pictures are required however.

Great stuff! I take it you used grey and white highlight for the "metal" rather than silver? Never tried that, myself. May have to have a go at some point.

Yes, I did. I'm not sure I've got the "metal" right here.

I suppose I could always argue they're manufactured from advanced polymers & ceramics rather than metal.

Fantastic finish Clifford well done. 

I really like the Ceramic look. I may have to steal it for mine. 

Excellent Brushwork. Keep painting up a storm

clifford likes this

Looks good. I didn't need my sunglasses this time:D. Can't wait to see you next pictures!

Oh no, Its horrible! I can't give you any likes!! I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

clifford likes this

Excellent work on the Directorate Good Guys. I did not spot any bad guys though...

you have done a fantastic job with the details and cleanliness on all your ships. I look forward to some photos of the Directorate and Sorylian together. 

clifford likes this

The directorate ships seem to paint up really quickly & after struggling to transport the Sorylians I've started using "widgets" to make the stands removable.

Some Directorate frigates:

20170817.jpg

And some drones, too:

20170816.jpg

Nice speedy work on your small ships. 

They have come up awesome. I look forward to seeing the Force all together. And some Sorlyian with Directorate shots too please. 

Keep up the awesome painting 

Thanks for the complements folks.

Two more directorate ships done.

Those are rather big guns.

20170819.jpg

20170818.jpg

Our club's regular Terran player has agreed to give me a game. He's never played against directorate but he is very fond of his shields & shield cruisers. He might be in for a surprise.

@WestAustralian pics of the two fleets together are coming - I just want to get a few directorate done first.

Bessemer and WestAustralian like this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.