Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Xireon

Firestorm Galaxy Expansion Kickstarter is live

106 posts in this topic

Only thing of interest is 3.0 and the Core expansion boxes. One of those we know is still in development and the other is supposedly coming in blogs. Until those blogs show me what I'd be getting for a core faction box I have nothing to back.

Pathogen ships might work as a Tyranid proxy for those playing BFG still so maybe someone at the club would be interested in that.

Cernunnos and vice128 like this

Pathogen knock the socks of the old Tyranid models - granted GW never really got to them seriously before BFG went dead. But I'm really loving the look of Pathogen. Hope we get to see some actual models during the campaign and not just renderings.

vice128 likes this

Are there going to be stats/rules before the Kickstarter finishes, because I've been messed with too many times by Spartan on pre-orders to give you money without knowing what I'm getting.  Also, no pledge level for the core expansion boxes?  What's up with that?

One thing I see on the Pathogen ships is a lack of visible ranged broadside weaponary. Now they might have fore-weapons out of their mouth region, but otherwise they seem to be a close range faction. 

I think if they have got ranged weapons it would be very beneficial for Spartan to have at least one bit of art drawn up with a Pathogen ship firing its weapons or in combat. A visualisation of the faction to bring home how they fight. Another option would be a technical breakdown - a kind of infosheet that highlights the weapons and details much as one might see in a Starwars Annual or suchlike - ergo highlighed edges around key info points with lines drawn off to textboxes that describe what the person is seeing.

Again all just about giving players and idea of the visual representation of what the ships do in battle - an imaginary taster. 

Pathogen likes this

Spartan - you just launched your Firestorm Universe expansion kickstarter, but there are reports that backers from the Dystopian Wars Kickstarter haven't received anything yet.

Are you using the funds from one KS to pay for the production of the previous one? Because that is a slippery slope, and starting another KS before the first one ships is a massive slap in the face to your other backers.

Seriously???

Will need to see expansion sets first no really interested in that 2 player set or rulebook yet was kinda hoping the kickstarter be focused more around expanding the existing core races more than just a single box and relthoza sorylian dual player box not paying for Saurian and pathogen fleet development

What makes me curious is the design ships seen a few months ago. There's at least one Relthoza Leviathan kicking around in resin so I'm surprised that's not part of the KS (unless pricing and parting them is still an issue). Granted since then Pathogen have had a total redesign; which is doubly  curious as those were resin display ships not just designs. So I really hope we see some resin/models in the KS on show not just designs (not that Spartan has a bad history of taking designs to models, far from it, but its good to see in the flesh stuff too)*

*Esp for any that are thinking of getting into the KS who are not current Spartan customers. 

vice128 likes this

1 hour ago, Pathogen said:

THANK YOU!

Pathogen ships look insane,  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. 

SRS look 100%

Call me a fanboy, but Great Job whoever made this possible!

Yeah, you're a fanboy. :D 

Pathogen likes this

56 minutes ago, draco84oz said:

Spartan - you just launched your Firestorm Universe expansion kickstarter, but there are reports that backers from the Dystopian Wars Kickstarter haven't received anything yet.

Are you using the funds from one KS to pay for the production of the previous one? Because that is a slippery slope, and starting another KS before the first one ships is a massive slap in the face to your other backers.

Seriously???

Questions on past kickstarters should be directed to @Spartan Neil

Saurians look pretty neat. The new SRS tokens are really cool. The Pathogen though, Brrrrr(cringing) , they look like some mutant cross between Flood and the Yuuzhan Vong starships. Its a good contest as to which of the three is the ugliest. Maybe Omnidyne used the Flood to infect some Vong ships to create the pathogen......

2 hours ago, Xystophoroi said:

Only thing of interest is 3.0 and the Core expansion boxes. One of those we know is still in development and the other is supposedly coming in blogs. Until those blogs show me what I'd be getting for a core faction box I have nothing to back.

This 100%. I don't know that I'm interested in the boxed set although I'm highly interested in the 3D terrain, acrylic tokens, campaign books and scenic models.This is what I like. I wanted to put some positive comments out before I mentioned my concerns.

Unfortunately, they made THE classic Kickstarter mistake, that of having exclusive models available only to those that throw the most money at them and are elite enough to get. Some of us are on a budget. Some of us will have just spent a lot of money at Gen Con, not a couple weeks earlier (such bad timing). These are things that will weigh on my mind as I decide whether I want to back this at any level. The rules are in such a state of flux right now that this will surely be delayed in shipping.

Also, it's very concerning that I heard about this here and not on their home web page where there is nothing about this. I'm very confused by this in particular.

I was just starting to regain some confidence in Spartan and I'd like it to continue so....

I'd like to see @Spartan Neil address some of the concerns I have here and that of others. There's a lot here to like but also some things that I'm genuinely concerned about. I'm looking forward to the response. Thank you in advance. We love Spartan and want to see it succeed, all the best.

People are voting with their wallets, and fast.  A few hours ago it was at $8000.  Now it is at $31,000, which is halfway to their final goal in less than a day.

CorroPredo likes this

The map is intetesting

did the Tarakian get a defined space?

who is it just left/west of the terrans?

and just south?

and between the sorylians and the dindrenzi?

Can we have the info about the core expansion boxes ASAP? While I'd really like one it's a pretty significant investment for something I haven't seen, and if I'm going to get one it's something I'm going to have to budget for.

@Spartan Neil, I like what I see with the Kickstarter, but have one concern...

The Pathogen Dread is listed as being exclusive to the kickstarter, alongside the Saurian station. The station I kind of get, but Dreads aren't an uncommon or unusual ship class. What is the context of this exclusivity? Will there be a different Dread model later?

Edit: In addition, the Admiral pledge level seems slightly amiss- you could pledge Squadron Leader and add on the two Battleforces and ignoring some of the later stretch goals it would be the same stuff for slightly cheaper. 

Welp. I've backed it.

I'm super excited to get my hands on the Saurians, their ships looks seriously mean! 

Hopefully this is backed enough to see all the core races patrol fleets. The most recent Sorylian models I have (The reinforcement group) are really stunning models and the ability to swap the versions of the cruiser/gunship parts is so amazing! I know a certain company that would expect you to buy two boxsets for the that ability.......

I hope the new core races have this similar option, to swap vessel components out to make up different ship designations/classes. This is excellent value for money and is just a neat idea!

Hive hopefully they can update the KS page it self but Niel did answer in the comments that the dread and battle station are unique in appearance to the KS but that there will be a regular model released after for general retail.

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.