Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Xireon

Firestorm Galaxy Expansion Kickstarter is live

106 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, duck_bird said:

Whether or not I get back into this game will ultimately depend on the rules and gameplay. While I want to support SG, I'm really hesitant to buy anything before having had a chance to look over the rules.

Don't think you're alone here - I would have hoped v3 would be locked down and play tested before a kick starter 

29 minutes ago, Sniddy said:

Don't think you're alone here - I would have hoped v3 would be locked down and play tested before a kick starter 

I agree i think its a mistake to start kickstarter when the rules arent finalised so people dont know what they are getting themselves into.

To be fair I don't think 3.0 was ever going to be finished before the KS as its part of the KS itself as such - at least the printing of it. As for Dystopian it seems that they are coming to a head; at least the thread is reporting more people getting shipping notifications. 

I really hope it all pulls together; I'd really like to see some of the stretch goals unlock! 

Niel make sure 4 to 5 mm diameter of the flight peg stays free for custom made flight peg attachement modules people have made for transport when you add dice socket holes.

I own about 500 bases and many srs tokens please provide cheap replacements when 3.0 hits after 6 months or so you can change the price.

With the release, finally, of the Pathogen on the Horizon. I have to wonder. 

How many Pathogen fans does it take to change a lightbulb?.....

None. They sit around an empty socket, talking about how awesome the light will be one day.

(for @Pathogen)

Also on a side note, anyone here sign up for the Top level on the Patreon? I believe 5 people have. Just wondering who is going to be designing new Units for the game.

WA

p.s. BANE!!!!!

alamo and Pathogen like this

The expansions sets blog received those pictures too and will surely be completed as new ones are available. You can now have ships descriptions with a nice pics next to it :).

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/firestorm-core-faction-expansion-sets

EDIT : Forget to add a link to the 3d previews for Pathogen and Saurian fleets for those who didn't saw them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/921886974/firestorm-galaxy-expansion/posts/1965434

tansalus likes this

All the Core Races ships shown so far and the lesser Pathogen look great. I was really dissapointed with original pathogen that was shown but the infected core ships look awesome. And i really enjoyed reading the adjusted time line. Good Job @Spartan Neil. This is just the kind of stuff i wanted to see so really pleased . Keep the good stuff coming.

tansalus likes this

5 hours ago, reddwarf said:

I really did enjoy the universe timeline provided--very good read.  I will (sorta) miss Saurians being a Sorylian offshoot, but overall a much appreciated and very cool expansion of background.

As did I. As a Sorylian Collective player I am very interested to find out how the Sorylian fluff has changed since it was originally intertwined with that of the old Saurians. I remember reading the "Return to Proteus Prime" Blog post where the 3 Anciant races are mentioned (Aquan, Tarrakian and Sorylian). But the Sorylians aren't given any lore at all, nothing, zilch nada. 

I hope the Collective isn't being forgotten about :huh:

I also hope the Tarrakians will be getting some more models as I have there patrol fleet as well and would like to expand upon it with something other than another patrol fleet.

On 8/16/2017 at 9:02 PM, WestAustralian said:

With the release, finally, of the Pathogen on the Horizon. I have to wonder. 

How many Pathogen fans does it take to change a lightbulb?.....

None. They sit around an empty socket, talking about how awesome the light will be one day.

(for @Pathogen)

hey wes, are those  standard bulbs or halogen?

WestAustralian likes this

41 minutes ago, alamo said:

hey wes, are those  standard bulbs or halogen?

Fans waited through Carbon Arc, Incandescent, induction, Mercury Vapor, fluorescent.........LED. Whenever the light finally comes we will know what we've  got

2 hours ago, sleeping_squirrel said:

Is SG keeping this KS secret? I have not find any teasers on BOW or even a single link on SGs home page :-)

KS often rely a lot on existing users making comments on forums and advertising in that way. So by all means shout about it everywhere (in a polite and respectful manner in keeping with the forum/site rules on different sites). 

I've got threads on The Hive and DakkaDakka being the most active hobby sites I'm involved with. So come people help spread the word

10 hours ago, Lord Bloodwings said:

As did I. As a Sorylian Collective player I am very interested to find out how the Sorylian fluff has changed since it was originally intertwined with that of the old Saurians. I remember reading the "Return to Proteus Prime" Blog post where the 3 Anciant races are mentioned (Aquan, Tarrakian and Sorylian). But the Sorylians aren't given any lore at all, nothing, zilch nada. 

I hope the Collective isn't being forgotten about :huh:

I also hope the Tarrakians will be getting some more models as I have there patrol fleet as well and would like to expand upon it with something other than another patrol fleet.

Seems there remains a link between the Saurians and Sorylians, one of hostility 

From the timeline

" McAlpine  achieves  considerable  fame amongst both his own people and the Relthoza when he manages to slay Dros’Virssen,  the Empress’s own judicial  champion,  through  the inspired  use  of a  rocket flight pack and a vibro-glaive."

I absolutely need a short story about this incident.

@Spartan Neil I got a question about the new "light" destroyers in the kickstarter, which look great by the way. Are they lights or mediums ? Cause they look extremely beefy. With destroyers i was wondering are they packing cruiser sized guns on small hull is that why they are "light" destroyers? So high dmg low survivability all or nothing kind of ship? What is the design philosophy behind this new class of ship?

The description of the Aquan one does say it's the largest small hull they have, so I assume they classify as smalls?  However, in one of the threads (I've lost track) someone said specifically that you can't use the light destroyers as smalls, so who knows.  Not sure if they were a Beta person, or if they were also speculating.

Edit: New Kickstarter update specifically talks about the light destroyers as smalls, so I guess that's that.

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.