Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WestAustralian

WestAussies FSA Fictional Universe

5 posts in this topic

Disclaimer 

This is not the Official Firestorm Universe.

This is MY universe, any resemblance to the Firestorm Universe or Real History is purely stolen. Any complaints that I am wrong in MY Fiction, will be ferociously ignored. 

I have drawn Heavily from the History of the Dutch Corsairs, Barbary Corsairs the Eighty Year War, and even a little of the Caribbean 1700's. I have Used Some Names (People/Ships/Places) from that time and weaved them and their relationships through my own Fictional future history. For My story I have created colourful pasts and deeds for these characters.  I have heavily modified ages, relationships and history to suit My Fictional Story. In some cases keeping the Name only. The history of the Barbary Corsairs and Caribbean Pirates, were times of Raiding, Murder, Slavery, etc. I have tried to keep my text restricted to generalisations and hints of darkness. 

If I have used your name or the name of a loved one, sorry, no harm meant. 

If you are a descendent of a Corsair/Pirate and feel I am using their name/life in bad taste, get over it. It was about 3000 years ago. 

The Intention of this thread is to provide a clean slate for my Fictional Ramblings. My FSA works in progress and general hobby stuff will still appear in my other thread. This thread will be updated as I work to Write a background and paint the force to match. Only completed Mini's will feature here. 

I don't know how often I will be able to update this. 

I hope you find it Interesting/enjoyable 

WA

tansalus likes this

image.jpg

Admiral De Veenboer
Ivan Dirkie De Veenboer was born to slavery on Terran resource mining station GDX-712. Ivan's mother died in childbirth and he never knew his father. Ivan lived a hard life of labour, in a world where life was cheap and death was free. He quickly learnt that if he wanted something, he needed to take it from someone else. Ivan also learnt that to take something from someone, you had to Dominate them, completely. The Harshness of life in a mining colony did not crush Ivan, instead it hardened him and forged a young man. His Strength and Brutality encouraged many of his fellow slaves to become his followers. Jan Janszoon, Bonnie and Jack Rackham were his most loyal and trustworthy followers. 

When Ivan was aged 16 a Corsair Raiding Party led by Captain Zymen Danseker attacked GDX-712.  Ivan was captured, but not before bringing down more than 2 dozen of Captain Danseker's men with his bare hands. Zymen saw something in Ivan. Instead of selling him to slavers with the other captives, he put him to work and they developed a mutual trust. Ivan became a ruthless and brutal tactician, capable of easily predicting the enemy and leading them into traps. Often using a recently captured ship to lure in a much larger ship.

With a rapidly growing victory streak, Captain Ivan Dirkie De Veenboer quickly went from leading a squadron of Outlaw Frigates to a squadron of Brigand Cruisers, to commanding an entire Patrol Fleet. 

Aged 28, Ivan lead a crippling campaign of raids against Terran Shipping lines. The Notoriety and Wealth Ivan had accumulated was sufficient to buy his freedom from Admiral Danseker.

Ivan acquired more ships, and promoted followers who were both Loyal and capable, as their Captains. He took Cartagena Station (A Germinon Class Repair Station) from its previous owners. Ivan's men have fitted stolen Weapons, Cloaking Technology and a Fold Space Drive to the Station. The Station serves as a base of operations. With the Cloaking field and mobility of the Fold Space Drive it has become almost impossible for their enemies to find. 

image.jpg

Admiral Ivan Dirkie De Veenboer commands his fleet from a Racketeer Carrier, the "Man of War". Admiral Veenboer's men have outfitted the "Man of War" to support more than double its standard compliment of Fighters and Bombers. Highly trained Deck Crews Repair/Refuel/Rearm the Fighters and Bombers at an incredible rate. 

image.jpg

Ivan purchased the debt of his old acquaintances Jan Janszoon and Jack Rackham and gave them each command of a small squadron of Outlaw Frigates. Ivan began trading with the OSO. 
This was when Admiral Danseker introduced Ivan to Tom Greyson (Ex Directorate Tactician, gone Private Businessman). The 2 men were from vastly different pasts, but they had the same vision of the future. 
Ivan was convinced by "Old Man" Rob to create a Partnership. Following Rob's advice the Veenboer Corsairs have grown and strengthened. Many other Corsairs have begun to flock to The call of Admiral De Veenboer. He has expanded his personal assets and created valuable allies. 

Ivan has been setting his sights on the increased number of Terran Transports in the area. He feels that a person does not deserve what they have, if they can not fight to keep it. 

The recent successes and expansion of the Veenboer Corsairs has attracted the attention of "The Watchmen of the Stars". The Tarakian High Lord has sent a small patrol force to investigate and report on the threat level. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

tansalus, Pathogen, clifford and 1 other like this

On 8/14/2017 at 2:56 PM, WestAustralian said:

Admiral De Veenboer
Ivan Dirkie De Veenboer was born to slavery on Terran resource mining station GDX-712. Ivan's mother died in childbirth and he never knew his father. Ivan lived a hard life of labour, in a world where life was cheap and death was free. He quickly learnt that if he wanted something, he needed to take it from someone else. Ivan also learnt that to take something from someone, you had to Dominate them, completely. The Harshness of life in a mining colony did not crush Ivan, instead it hardened him and forged a young man. His Strength and Brutality encouraged many of his fellow slaves to become his followers. Jan Janszoon, Bonnie and Jack Rackham were his most loyal and trustworthy followers. 

When Ivan was aged 16 a Corsair Raiding Party led by Captain Zymen Danseker attacked GDX-712.  Ivan was captured, but not before bringing down more than 2 dozen of Captain Danseker's men with his bare hands. Zymen saw something in Ivan. Instead of selling him to slavers with the other captives, he put him to work and they developed a mutual trust. Ivan became a ruthless and brutal tactician, capable of easily predicting the enemy and leading them into traps. Often using a recently captured ship to lure in a much larger ship.

With a rapidly growing victory streak, Captain Ivan Dirkie De Veenboer quickly went from leading a squadron of Outlaw Frigates to a squadron of Brigand Cruisers, to commanding an entire Patrol Fleet. 

Aged 28, Ivan lead a crippling campaign of raids against Terran Shipping lines. The Notoriety and Wealth Ivan had accumulated was sufficient to buy his freedom from Admiral Danseker.

Ivan acquired more ships, and promoted followers who were both Loyal and capable, as their Captains. He took Cartagena Station (A Germinon Class Repair Station) from its previous owners. Ivan's men have fitted stolen Weapons, Cloaking Technology and a Fold Space Drive to the Station. The Station serves as a base of operations. With the Cloaking field and mobility of the Fold Space Drive it has become almost impossible for their enemies to find. 

image.jpg

Admiral Ivan Dirkie De Veenboer commands his fleet from a Racketeer Carrier, the "Man of War". Admiral Veenboer's men have outfitted the "Man of War" to support more than double its standard compliment of Fighters and Bombers. Highly trained Deck Crews Repair/Refuel/Rearm the Fighters and Bombers at an incredible rate. 

image.jpg

Ivan purchased the debt of his old acquaintances Jan Janszoon and Jack Rackham and gave them each command of a small squadron of Outlaw Frigates. Ivan began trading with the OSO. 
This was when Admiral Danseker introduced Ivan to Tom Greyson (Ex Directorate Tactician, gone Private Businessman). The 2 men were from vastly different pasts, but they had the same vision of the future. 
Ivan was convinced by "Old Man" Rob to create a Partnership. Following Rob's advice the Veenboer Corsairs have grown and strengthened. Many other Corsairs have begun to flock to The call of Admiral De Veenboer. He has expanded his personal assets and created valuable allies. 

Ivan has been setting his sights on the increased number of Terran Transports in the area. He feels that a person does not deserve what they have, if they can not fight to keep it. 

The recent successes and expansion of the Veenboer Corsairs has attracted the attention of "The Watchmen of the Stars". The Tarakian High Lord has sent a small patrol force to investigate and report on the threat level. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's nice, I have a small corsair fleet coming, I really like the look of the ships.  I was thinking of black and yellow as well but the entire ships.

WestAustralian likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.