Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
fracas

Suggestions for Pf 2.0

10 posts in this topic

Here is mine regarding force formation and helixes

• keep the helixes in terms of force formation and product packaging 

• have the core helix's medium, light, and infantry (including appropriate mechanized component) squadron be available separately 

• have the helix function as their name. 

• the helix pairings: leviathan & command, recon & assault, heavy & aerial

• for the core factions have 2 options for each helix type, not including natural ally

• for the core factions have a unique 7th helix that best represents the faction play and fluff wise. The retholzan assault leviathan should be one such.

• for the natural ally have a core and 4-6 helix (I would understand if the minors don't have a leviathan option OR a command helix) each

• for the Saurians and Pathogen have a core and one of each helix type

• consider having an ally helix or two for ryushi, xelocian, kedorian, and maybe tarakians and illosians (if they become available in armada); their core helix could be added later. Allow one ally helix per major faction core helix as an attachment.

• consider having a core, recon, assault, and heavy helix for omnidyne, syndicate, and oroshan; their cores could be added last. Allow one mercenary helix per major faction core helix as an attachment.

Lord Bloodwings and tansalus like this

for the core factions have a unique 7th helix that best represents the faction play and fluff wise. The retholzan assault leviathan should be one such.

I like that.

My suggestion rule wise is to keep it as simple as possible. Simplify shooting, the Flank&Aft bonus rule is quite complicated. Remove unnecessary rules like Forlorn Hope. Add scenarios.

I barely remember Forlorn Hope because the vast majority of the time my squads that qualify have already activated for the round.  Not sure about the proposed re-alignment of helix pairings; I've spent a lot of money to be able to field doubles of options that would be blocked if you moved the structure around.  I understand where you're going in principal, but it would basically kill my currently preferred builds.  Not in favor of any changes that require customers (in general, not just me) to have to spend significant time and money rebuilding a new force in a new addition.

WestAustralian likes this

Having the option to buy indvidual models/squadrons would be great, as previously mentioned.

Have rules for destructable buildings, I'm sure future construction techniques and materials are great but there's only so many missiles/orbital bombardments a building can take before its structural integrity fails.

Allow for each core race to have a unique type of infantry they can field. Like the Aquans having a full squadron of fish cavalry, the Sorylians actually having more beefy unique heavy infantry  or the Dindrenzi getting jump pack infantry.

Also more transport options for all the core races, not just for infantry but light/medium vehicles. I would love to see a Sorylian heavy dropship that could skydrop in with heavy infantry or jet bikes. Or even if infantry could disembark from there recon vehicles?

tansalus likes this

10 hours ago, Paladin21 said:

I barely remember Forlorn Hope because the vast majority of the time my squads that qualify have already activated for the round.  Not sure about the proposed re-alignment of helix pairings; I've spent a lot of money to be able to field doubles of options that would be blocked if you moved the structure around.  I understand where you're going in principal, but it would basically kill my currently preferred builds.  Not in favor of any changes that require customers (in general, not just me) to have to spend significant time and money rebuilding a new force in a new addition.

Not sure I understand your problem with the new Helix Options. It is basically the same as 1.0 plus additional options that can be used in place of the current options.

I was responding to the OP.  One of the suggestions was to change the paired helix alignments such that they match up differently, such as leviathan/command instead of leviathan/heavy support.  I was expressing the idea that, though I could see logic in the new pairings, its bad policy to ask customers who might have designed and bought a force featuring, for example, two leviathans and two commands to need to go buy new helixes due to that being an illegal formation in his proposal.  I rather like the pairings proposed in the abstract, but think that ship has sailed and changes that might require wholesale changes/buys for customers should be avoided.

@CoreHunter

Understand

but if you have two cores (as many do) having two helixes are unlikely to be invalidated with any helix pairing shift.

especially as options to reinforce the core increases 

but you made a good point

suggestions  for 2.0...............................that is on time so i can brag that spartan met a deadline.....................personally  for  me it is what it is when it is;)

the brag rights are  kinda important to turn a few heads back this way.:D

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.