Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Bloodwings

Bloodwings Planetfall BatReps

3 posts in this topic

This game happened last week. I didn't actually get to play but was more than happy teaching the guys from my club how to play. They were using my Proteus Prime models in the game. So Directorate core helix vs Aquan core helix. Hopefully next week I will get a game in with my Sorylians. 

We didn't use TACs or all the MARs just so the guys I was teaching didn't get flooded with rules. And the planetfall trackers were set to 30.... which I realise now in hindsight that it was way to high.

image.jpg

Start of the 1st turn.
Lots of units not having a clear shot and moving up the hill in the centre of the Battlefield, where the middle objective is.
The Directorate APC deploys its infantry onto the first objective in the directorate deployment zone guaranteeing points first turn. 
The Aquan light skimmers race up to the objective as does the Heavy skimmer which holds infantry. They pile out and pile right back into the objective building entrenching them selves fo the fight to come.
The Aquans laser a dropsite to call in a missile battery installment behind a small forrest. Although they don't have any targets yet, they lie in wait for the turns to come.
The Directorate Main Battle tanks and recon buggys move around the flank of the hill. And the Directorate Cyberwarefare tanks line up for an attack against the Aquan Heavy skimmer, damaging its systems and causing a disorder marker.

image.jpg

Halfway through turn 2.
The Directorate Heavy Tank and Aquan Heavy open fire on each other doing.... absolutely nothing to each other surprisingly.
The Directorate tanks advance on the entrenched infantry in the centre and initate close quarters battle(CQB) which causes losses on each side, as the infantry put on a valiant defence. The Directorate tanks also put a damage into the side armour of the Heavy Skimmer.
The missile Batterys open up on one of these tanks causing a point of damage to it.
The Cyberwarefare tanks attack the Aquan skimmers causing another disorder marker and disable its onboard systems.

image.jpg

End of Turn 2.
The Aquan Infantry initaite another CQB with the tanks, unfortunatley for them they ran out of fervor with the dice gods and were obliterated. They were quickly avenged by the Aquan light skimmers who swooped around and destroyed the damaged tanks. 
The Aquans call down there second drop asset of crystal pylons. These allow the Aquan skimmers to fire there beam weapons at the crystals and then redirect the attack from the crystal. (i.e shoot around corners)
Just out of view of this pictres the Aquan medium skimmers move up and take a shot at one the cyberwarefare tanks obliterating it in one fell swoop.
End of turn two, the Aquans only just have the lead.

image.jpg

Start of turn 3.
The Directorate buggys charged into the centre obliterating the remaining Aquan skimmers , then opened up with main ordanance on the flank armour of the Heavy skimmer taking it out of the game! 
The Directorate Infantry pile into their APC and move flat out towards the distance objective.
The Directorate heavy tank rumbles forward to the cluster**** that is the centre of the battlefield.
The remaining cyberwarefare tank exits cover and attacks the medium skimmer squadron trying to stall their advance, but to no avail as they move up and obliterate it with there beam weapons.

image.jpg

Start of turn 4.
The Aquan medium skimmer squadron move up for a CQB engagement with the recon buggys destroying one. They then use the crystals in the centre of the map and hit the Directorate APC on its side armour blowing it up! The Infantry bail out of their flaming wreck of a transport and move into the non-objective building in the centre.
The missile batterys were able to fire at the directorate heavy tank scored a luck two points of damage on it. The Heavy tank quickly retreats to cover as it is down to only a single point of health.
The recon buggys swoop around to the rear of the Aquan medium skimmer squadron and fire on there rear armour damaging one of the tanks.

image.jpg

End of turn 4.
The centre of the map where no one is safe.
The Directorate only just hold there point lead.

image.jpg

Turn 5.
The battle is drawing to a slow close with the Directorate infantry entrenched in the objective building. This starts a countdown to victory as the Directorate will win in 3 turns if they hold it for that long.
The infantry aim there heavy rifles at the crystals trying to replicate the Aquan trick, but instead shatter the crystal scoring an extra point for them.
The Aquans medium skimmers move back and fire upon the infantry but fail to take any out.
The missile battery manages to get a shot off on them and take out an infantry base.
The Directorate Heavy tank contemplates its life choices and continues its retreat to safety.

image.jpg

Turn 6 and 7.
The Aquans now desperate to score points charge the infantry starting a CQB with them, with both sides taking casualties.
The wounded Heavy tank moved into cover to protect itself but moved out in turn 7 to bravely fight the Directorate hunting party.
The Aquans skimmers activate again, now only at half strength and fire upon the wounded tank putting it out of its misery.

A very close Aquan Victory.

I forgot to take a note on the planetfall trackers each turn but the scores were very close, I think the end planetfall trackers were; Aquans: - 2 and Directoreate: 1

Thanks for reading guys.

tansalus, fracas and alamo like this

great looking game and superb units............your table looks esp. cool.  thanks for the report and pics.

@alamo Thanks mate, will try and put up some more battle reports soon. I've got my own Sorylian Core helix, Assault helix and Veydreth helix that I'm itching to do a game with.

cm284 likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.