Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bessemer

V3 Speculation and stuff

8 posts in this topic

Cyber got nasty; I expect to see lots of cyber heavy fleets, unless cyber gets toned down from the current V3 rendition. 

HATE the fact that you can't conquer ships any more :angry:, but in general it seems we're gaining a lot :). 

Oh, and I don't like too much our new ships design, since Taskforce the Directorate ships have erection problems. Oh well.

46 minutes ago, ThePayneTrayn said:

Cyber got nasty; I expect to see lots of cyber heavy fleets, unless cyber gets toned down from the current V3 rendition. 

Agreed. Seeing as we can now do damage and there is no defence. A shame to loose the ability to choose the location hit, but in my case it was 90% Life Support, and it was getting stale.

21 minutes ago, Venter said:

HATE the fact that you can't conquer ships any more

Again, not 100% happy it's going, but I can live with it, seeing as how infrequently happened for me. It was always a opportunity attack, rather than something to build a fleet around. YMMV, but I got more success from Combined Arms fleet.

24 minutes ago, Venter said:

Oh, and I don't like too much our new ships design.

Personally love them. When i first saw the renders, I was ambivalent on them. In person, they are so much better. It's the V1 stuff I don't like, but that's apples and oranges.

26 minutes ago, Venter said:

since Taskforce the Directorate ships have erection problems. Oh well.

45 minutes ago, Bessemer said:

Personally love them. When i first saw the renders, I was ambivalent on them. In person, they are so much better. It's the V1 stuff I don't like, but that's apples and oranges.

Yes, I'm sure in person they look better... I just don't like the look of the new small, but we'll see. 

48 minutes ago, Bessemer said:

:lol:

I can't see myself ever taking a boarding fleet again, or any boarding specialized ships that are penalized in general weaponry for that matter, given the new boarding rules.  Instead of being able to cause a massive game swing by taking an opposing T1 and jumping out, it's now an extremely short-ranged attack of opportunity that has to go through more defences than almost any other attack and can cause damage to your own ships if you get a series of bad rolls.  I predict boarding will go from an interesting playstyle variant to the equivalent of v2 torpedoes: an almost-forgotten weapon system that you can occasionally use to do something if the stars line up correctly (and is occasionally actually useful, if your opponent has no idea how to build a list or deploy proper defenses).

ThePayneTrayn likes this

Cyber went from being able to regularly get 2+ 'dmg' via crew to struggling to do 1 

Add in no more prizing ships and cyber got weaker not stronger IMHO

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.