Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
poutsma

Dystopian Wars Data Files For Army Builder

156 posts in this topic

Thank you for this generous and awesome work. It gave me a reason to dust off the old Army Builder. I can't seem to add SAS or SAW to my roster (FSA). Am I overlooking something?

You can't directly add SAS, they come in two methods.  The local air support, which everyone gets at 10 SAW broke into squadrons as you see fit.  Then there are carriers with associated carrier values and you get one SAW per carrier point.  I haven't used Army Builder in a long time (and not for DW anyway) so if they automatically include the stats for the SAS units or not I'm not sure, but I know those quick reference sheets they print with the lists is one of the main reasons people use Army Builder.

I was doing some theory crafting and wanted to add a CAP to a high value model, but I can't find a way to represent this in Army builder without penciling in the info I need on the print out. I don't see an option to add local air support and the quick reference info will only show the SAW/SAS info when adding the unit (ie. The carrier models).

Sorry have not been able to answer this till now.  Computer issues at home.

May i ask which faction and model you are trying to add a CAP to?  There is in the options section a button for all carriers to add squadrons to your carrier.

The other option involves going into the Army Creator Section and modifying said model to include a CAP Option and the appropriate SAW's.  I can inform you of the method of doing this adjustment for your model once i am aware of the model and will need to be at home to use my home computer to access Army Builder.

The Free Local Air Support is located in the main model selection area as "FREE" cost.

With the rules for 2.5 released to those that have backed the Kickstarter there will be a lot of changes to the Data files for Army Builder.  Once I have made the changes I will ask the community if they wish for a seperate file for 2.5 or an update for the current file.

khakiduck likes this

Hi all, quick update for everyone that has been using Army Builder.  Currently I am without a working computer, darn hackers, and as such have been unable to start any work on the 2.5 ORBATS or rule changes.  I do have a plan, however.  For those that use Army Builder for other games I am thinking to add the Commodore traits like the warlord traits in 40K.  This should be a simple process and will save some time.

khakiduck likes this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.