Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AsleepByDay

Asleepbyday's Prussains

33 posts in this topic

Hey all, had a day off work so I took some photos while the light was good. I painted Oberst back in January for a painting competition (didn't place) I think he was the second model I painted.

IMAG0886_zpsf68d183c.jpg

IMAG0887_zps3767396a.jpg

Slick likes this

Here we have my first completed knight, the rest will wait until army painter will sell me their gun metal spray so I don't have to base with a brush.

The scheme is fairly simple, started out with boltgun metal, highlighted that with boltgun mixed with chain mail, highlighted that with chain mail, highlighted that with chain mail mixed with mithril silver and a final spot highlight of mithril silver. I then dunked the model in army painter dark tone and highlighted it all over again as before.

The leather is a mix of army painter oak brown and strong tone painted over desert yellow.

Finally the whole model was given a matt varnish.

Honestly, I think I could easily spend ten hours highlighting the metal on this model if I had the time.

IMAG1060_zps265d3a00.jpg

IMAG1061_zps7fd34268.jpg

IMAG1063_zps0fe00414.jpg

projectmanhatten5 and Slick like this

Taking a break from painting my British, who will get their own thread soon, I painted up one of my medics:

IMAG1139_zps3fc83b07.jpg

IMAG1140_zps332e5e8c.jpg

The blue is painted using a three stage highlight from wolf grey to electric blue then glazed with GW blue. This was an experiment to find a new colour schema for my following Prussian models, I like it but not enough to use as a colour schema for other models. the back of the sleeve for the arm holding the bandage is just crystal blue grazed blue as another experiment. I am very pleased with the blonde in this model it being the best I have done so far.

projectmanhatten5 and Slick like this

Seems my latest post was lost with some of the other stuff on the forum, here are the photos I posted again:

IMAG1869_zps67ddcd91.jpg

IMAG1870_zps7cc579f6.jpg

Today I am house/dog sitting for a friend so I have brought some paint along with these two chaps which I can hopefully finish painting in between bouts on the wiifit.

IMAG1905_zps4fb882cf.jpg

Mage likes this

Thanks Slick :)

I'm working on the lady officer for me PE currently, I'll post up some photos once I'm done. I have a painting workshop later in the month followed by the bank holiday so hopefully I'll get something cool painted then :)

I've been feeling fairly rough since my trip to Romania, there was some concern I might have contracted rabies from dog bites but that probably isn't the case and I've had some booster shots to be safe, more likely I just have plane flu.

Painting has as a result taken a back seat as I don't want to produce lackluster work, I have however finished the lady officer for PE as she wasn't very difficult.

IMG_20150825_180910_zpsol80cjx2.jpg

IMG_20150825_180859_zpshciihj8m.jpg

IMG_20150825_180854_zpsazhd4uqz.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.