Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AsleepByDay

Asleepbyday's Prussains

33 posts in this topic

Next on the list as I work through my legions backlog are my Prussian landwehr.

I've given them the lighter trousers of the historical Prussians along with a lighter blue for the jacket to mark them out vs the grenadiers. This along with the caps made them look a little to much like sailors, to combat this I made the straps brown. 

Here are my first two test models, now to batch paint the other 10.

JmstEwGh.jpg

Voyager, Slick and Jlav like this

It's great that you are back on track with DL after such a long break. It's really nice to see still dedicated players.

Awesome work! Don't let us wait long for the completed section. :-)

The landwehr are complete! I've also upgraded from phone camera to expensive camera with marco lens that I have no idea how to use! Progress!
V75hP04.jpg

bit of fun with posing here
KmSdn58.jpg

I've added some spare machine gun belts from the knights to the backs of two of the models, this was mainly to break up the monotony of have only 7 unique sculpts in 12 models, however, I intend to write some fan rules allowing the knights a bonus if they are within a certain distance of the landwehr.
5wmcbvo.jpg

Jlav and Voyager like this

Nice models and scenery! I would like to see more (said the guy who has suspended all of his DL projects due to the game's "dead" status...)! :-)

I do like having a consistent base design across an army, it makes it easy to visually group models even if some don't wear the uniform. I made the mistake of using base toppers manufactured by 'Terrain Geek' for legions.

I say mistake because the extra height makes using the minis in any other system look silly and because terrain geek went out of business some years ago. I've started making my own from buttons, I'll post up some photos when I next finish some dudes. 

Currently I'm in the middle of moving to London, living on friends' spare beds and haven't been within 100 miles of my 'studio' in weeks.

Slick likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.