Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikethefish

Mercenaries Are A Faction?!

24 posts in this topic

So are the Mercenaries going to be a real faction at this point? Similar to Mercenaries in Warmachine or something along those lines? If so, coolness

Hi,

There will indeed be options for Mercenary factions, along with many other options for creating custom forces. We're not ready to unveil that information in full yet, but it's not far away.

Cheers,

Spartan Neil

Slackratchet and Trin like this

No harm in throwing in a fleet of Bone Griffons as a mercenary faction for a game of DW, right? Cut the cost of the ships in half and I think we have some great cannon fodder.

Australia is mercenary-land.I think all mercenaries migrate there where they won't be judged for their previous actions unless another merc unit has been hired to be judge, jury, and execuitioners

Nice. I like options that will bring to the game. Just hope the "speciality" is varied enough to make each one unique.

@moleytov - Jamaican Bombsledge - Best unit name yet!

Given where I'm from, I'm all in favour of the Australian Mercenary rogue faction being the first out. Maybe lots of coastal cutters that have excellent speed and manoevability?

Wow, way more fellow Aussies on this forum than i'd expect! Definitely getting the Aus forces unless theyre spectacularly ****. Roo cavalry for the win! Poisonous reptile attack for extra boarding AD!

Roo cavalry for the win! Poisonous reptile attack for extra boarding AD!

I'm just hoping for a flyer that releases drop bears onto ships below.

and if i can bring in my charge trees (a good story behind that one) I will be a very happy mercenary

Another Aussie here :)

I started making up my own merc rules for Aussie Mini Subs using the Iron Dwarves Kraken class sub model on the old forum, but the majority of the work has been lost.

I still have the Stat card with the Eureka Stockade Flag made up and will re post the info when I get the chance.

A "Australian Mercenaries" might be a nice addition

i followed the thread on the old forum about aussie mercanery idea's and loved them (fellow aussie) and had even started scratchbuildind my merc fleet to go along with the stats someone put up. unfortuantly the forum died (r.i.p) and lost the info.

on a related subject have you noticed Australia was neutral in rulebook 1 but western australia, victoria ,south australia and tassie are part of the KOB in rulebook 1.1?

I too would love to see some Australian mercenary models.

In the mean time, I'm thinking about giving my KOB fleet an Aussie theme (could be based in one of the southern states/ WA perhaps).

I have been running a group of mercs fighting the damn pengins in the amazon river area over the past year using ships from uncharted seas and getting my butt kicked a lot in many of the battles. try explaing to the booses of how you managed to loss one of your tree carriers to the same group that was terrorizeing the rivers and with only one victory agaist them is very bad...

I'm just hoping for a flyer that releases drop bears onto ships below.

Definitely - maybe some Hoop Snakes too?