Spartan Games

Introduce yourself

455 posts in this topic

WELCOME TO THE SPARTAN GAMES COMMUNITY!

This is the thread for you to take a moment to introduce yourself. Here's a set of questions to help you structure your post:

1. Which games produced by Spartan Games do you play?
  2. How long have you been playing these games?
  3. Where do you play?
  4. Which fleets and armies do you own? Which fleets and armies do you plan to add to your collection?
  5. What is your favourite Spartan Games model?
  6. Anything else you would like to tell the Spartan Games Community?

EXISTING MEMBERS: Please feel free to add an entry to this thread even if you have been a part of the Spartan Games Community for a long time as it will prove useful to new members.

Bull99 likes this

I'm Paco (not actually), I play Dystopian Wars and Dystopian Legions, and have been playing both since they first started.  I play down in sunny San Diego (with a fairly decent sized play group).  My armies are the Kingdom of Britannia and Republique of France for both games (I will be getting France once its available for Legions).

Hi Althorin here

Been playing Dystopian Wars for about 9 months now first with the KoB and then with my now main force RC. I play at a small Roleplay club in Birmingham, England and between us we have all the DW naval fleets.

Love the Zemic sky fortress both in its looks and play and hope they add more PLC air in the future. Considering getting the Italians money allowing.

Hi there.. I'm from Toronto, Canada.

I play Dystopian wars and Firestorm Armada, and plan to get the Firestorm Invasion models soon. I stumbled onto Spartan Games quite recently, and have only been playing since December 2012. I generally play at a small store/club in Mississauga called X Planet Games.
I fell in love with the KoB models, and more recently, got the RC fleet..I also own some Canadian units, the Zamiec Sky Fortress, and the Australians. As for Firestorm armada, I have a considerable Terran fleet, as well as some Alliance of Kurak assets.

I love the Veydreth Gunship and the Polish Sky Fortress, although the Lysander landship is also very cool.
I really hope Spartan releases some of the Asian-African factions soon. Im especially looking forward to the Ottomans and Indians.

Hello!

My name is Ian, and I live in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA.  I discovered Dystopian Wars online while spending the summer working in Ireland last year.  While I couldn't find any local stores that sold it in Dublin I got some as soon as I possibly could once I got back.  I play Russian Coalition naval forces (it's the Tambov gunships that got me into the game - and the Tambov gunships that I take every battle) but I am also painting up Dominion of Canada land forces.  I love the look of the Italians so far, but I am currently working on a converted pirate fleet... Very excited to see Chinese Federation models sometime!

I primarily play at stores - FTW Games in Richmond and Atlantis in Norfolk.

Hi,

I'm Colin and I'm a Dystopian Wars addict. I'm also not new to the community.

1. Dystopian Wars (and by extension Armoured Clash)

2. I've been playing for 6 - 8 months

3. I play at Deeside Defenders in Broughton nr. Chester (North Wales)

4. I have a large Prussian naval (over 6000 MFV) fleet, as well as a smaller (just over 2000 MFV) Covenant one. My armoured fleets are many and varied with at least 2000 MFV in each of Prussian, Blazing Sun, Russian and Polish Lithuanian. I also have a smaller Belgian pet project with 1000 MFV of Royalist and working towards the 1000 MFV of Protectorate.

5. The Imperium Sky Fortress. Why would anyone choose anything else!!!!

6. I'm probably too old to be playing with toy soldiers but damnit I love it too much!

ShortySL likes this

Hi everyone.  My name is You Look Like A Nail, which is a reference to the SF novels of the great Iain M Banks (and if you haven't read any of them, go do that now, I'll wait).  I play Dystopian Wars naval, although I do frequently cast a covetous gaze upon the releases for the other games, and I've been playing it since the beginning, approximately.  I play in the frozen wastelands of the trackless north, in an igloo carved with walrus ivory tools by the light of a seal oil lamp.  

I started with Britannia and they're still my favourite, but I've since added a Blazing Suns fleet and a whole bunch of purple Antarcticans, plus some bits and pieces from other fleets, and other games.  I've failed to resist the temptation to add a fourth fleet and I'm presently just trying to figure out which one it'll be.  I mostly play against the FSA, other Antarcticans, and the dastardly Prussian menace.

I don't really think I have a favourite model.  Anything painted Britannian naval gray is good enough for me.

I like to make things, among them an ever-expanding stat card set, with the invaluable help of countless volunteers who have offered hosting space, made suggestions and helpful criticisms, pointed out the seemingly endless errors and typos, and provided encouragement and support. 

Finally, I would like to say that this community is an outstanding group of helpful, friendly people, whether you're looking to ask a question, show off a paint job, complain about something, or just talk about our mutual curious obsession.  This is a great place, so have fun.

Hello,

I'm Heiko.

I started Firestorm Armada two years ago with a Dendrenzi Fleet, but before I could really get into the game the local store shut down.

Since a new store openend up at the end of last year I'm looking into introducing Firestorm there. beside my Dindrenzi I'm starting a RSN fleet.

My favourite model is the Banshee Dreadnought from the RSN.

So fa I'm very impressed with Spartans work :)

Hello everyone,

I just registered and thought I'd introduce myself here. I am from the Netherlands and I just started Dystopian Wars.

I recently bought the République of France naval starter set and am planning to expand on that gradually, but for the moment I see it more as a painting project. Still, if any Dutch people here are in for a small game with a beginner, I won't say no ;)

Favourite model, well, ehm.. there's a lot to choose from here. For the moment I'd say the Couronne carrier.

Looking forward to participate in the discussion here. I have followed the forum for a while without being able to register, so it is good to finally get started here!

Hello everyone!

My name is Dan (or Pope) and I'm from the United Kingdom (Ipswich based) and have been playing Dystopian wars for about 6 months.

I own a growing French naval force and have to endure the 'surrender monkey' stereotype from my club mates. :P

My favourite model thus far is the Toloun Armoured Cruiser. Something about it speaks 'trouble'.

Been waiting to join the forums for months and now I'm finally here!

Hey I'm Patch,

I got into the various dystopian lines late last year and have enjoyed everything about the the two systems. I am currently based around Oxford. For DW i run an Empire of the Blazing Sun Fleet and a Britannian Fleet, while in DL I play Birtannian and FSA.  I tend to play on my kitchen table but do often venture out to a local gaming club. My favourite model so far is probably the FSA forward observer the bandana and long hair just makes him an absolute badass, plus the flexibility he brings makes him an auto-include. Honorable mentions definitely got to the EotBS Ika and Britannian Sky Hussars which got me into the whole thing in the first place. With regards to Spartan themselves I hope they carry on making these magnificent miniatures so I can keep on buying, painting and having a blast with them.

See everyone on the forums

Hi everyone,

Been reading the forums for months now and digesting all the information that everyone has here and trying to put it to some good use. Only became aware of Spartan and Dystopian Wars in middle of March 2012 and have to say, the figures are absolutely amazing. Packed with tons of detail.

Been trying to create an account for over 2 months now but have been unable to due to server issues. But finally im here and can access the members only areas for more advise and tips.

Taken part in two events so far,  end of March 2012 and a few days ago. 1st with borrowed CoA (finished 2nd from 5), then finished 1st from 6 with RC. (Have played about 18 games in total with 12 of these in the 2 competitions weekends).

Looking for games on a slightly more regular basis around the Nottingham area. So if anyone knows of any clubs that play the game feel free to drop me a line.

See you out there

Deckard

Hey there!

Glad to finally be able to post! I've been visiting the forums for quite a while now, but only now have I been able to make an account.

I am Francisco Guerra, from Portugal. I play Dystopian Wars, and have played the game since its release, along with my wife, who will herself be making a forum account soon. We play at a store in Lisbon, Kult Games, along with a few other players.

I started with the FSA when the game first came out. Myself and three friends bought the starter fleet deal, and I was lucky enough to not be present when the factions where distributed, so I got "stuck" with the Americans. Despite my initial uncertainty, I came to love the faction, and it became my main fleet. Since then, I also got a sizable Britannian fleet, as well as Russian, Prussian and French fleets. My goal is to have one of each composed of at least a starter set and a Dreadnought.

As for favourite model, well... surely that's a trick question! I love the entire range!

See you around the forums.

Hi all, Raghnall here, signing on from the Virginia penninsula, USA......

I got hooked on Dystopian Wars a couple of months ago after watching a game being played during this years Marscon in Williamsburg. As I was looking for a naval flavored game to pick up, DW turned out to be a perfect match. I got my hands on both the KOB and EotBS stater fleets and haven't looked back. While my Britannians have grown considerablely I am begining to add to the EotBS fleet. I've even managed to get a friend of  mine to jump on board with a RC fleet.

I quite pleased with the scale of the minis and the look great painted up. I can usually be found lurking around the local game shops or my garage when the weather cooperates.

I'll probably keep to the two fleets that I aready have, my wife's head my explode if I add a third, but them CoA is kinda cool looking......

Oi gente,

I'm a few months new to Spartan games. My gaming group has recently started Firestorm Armada.

We play mainly just at our homes but we're going to try to do some recruiting at our local hobby store (shout out to Gajo Games in Sandy, UT).

I play Terran Alliance. I'd also like to collect an RSN fleet. My favorite model from the game has got to be the Aquan Medusa; love that thing.

I'm already a HUGE fan of Spartan. I love that they asked the community to design new ships for the game. You gotta stay connected like that to your fans and customers (unlike the cash-cow business models of some other miniatures games companies that rhyme with Wames Gorkshop).

Hello everyone!

I'm glad to finally be able to post after forum registration opened once again. I'm Kat or Pirran, and I'm Picos wife (above). I play Dystopian Wars with my beloved Covenant of Antarctica, and I've been playing since the faction was released. Even though our gaming group generally only plays the oceanic scene, I'm looking forward to eventually getting the land starter set simply because of the lovely miniatures (killer crab, ahoy!). My favourite model is the Callimachus, followed by the Flying Fortress. I love painting miniatures and look forward to seeing colour schemes and galleries of other players fleets.

Hello form Florida

Also finally able to get on here after lurking for a LONG time. I started with Spartan Games with Uncharted in 09 and still enjoy it alot as well as still have most of the old models in service.  Planetfall is my main effort and am excited about its future, I also play Legions with decent PE and KOB units with a few FSA and BS, 2 factions for Armada and 7 factions for D Wars which is mostly naval. With failing sight and shaky hands the 10mm planetfall are my fav to paint and model. As play time is short due to work I play when I can at home and hope at some point to demo and esp promote at the cons. I enjoy Spartan and have been following since my first order in 09 with US. thank you for  the chance to post and great gaming.

These forums are a great source of inspiration and insight into the games..again thanks

c-ya

Hello, I'm Eric (a.k.a. "wyrm").

My gaming group is just getting into Spartan products with Uncharted Seas. I'll be making an attempt at playing Shroud Mages. While we have a lot of wargame experience, this is my first naval game. Looking forward to sinking a few enemies.

We play at the comic shops in the Panama City area in NW FL.

Hi everybody,

I'm Xavier (Amiral X), 39 years old, from France (so i apology for my poor english ;) ).

I have been playing to Dystopian wars for about 1 year and I realy enjoy it, after 25 years of warham*** and lots of other wargames and RPG... My two sons (12 and 9) are also playing DW, so there are 3 fleets at home : RF (mine),  FSA & EotBS (kid's ones).

We all play in a wargaming club in Valence (France).

I also wish to start Dystopian Legion, but I would have preferred to play the same army as DW, and for me it's RF... so i'm still waiting... and praying they will arrive in the futur  :rolleyes:

My favorite model is the Couronne !

I joined this forum in order to give feedbacks/ideas to the DW's community.

Hi, I am DAGabriel aka Thomas from Germany.

I just started with collecting an army for the EotBS in Dystopian Legions and try to find someone to play with. Eventually I want to expand into the wars. In the mean time I want to communicate with other fans and get/share some painting/basing advices.

Besides that I am collecting and painting Chaos Dwarfs of many great and small companies.

My favorite model? Changes with time, I think that one I still have to get.

Hi everybody,  I'm Welshy and I'm a resin addict.  I discovered this particular brand of resin only recently, but have overdosed already.

I currently only play Firestorm Armada and own fleets for the Dindrenzi, Sorylians and RSN as well as scattered selections of other models I had acquired / been given from some other factions.  I plan on having at least 1k pts for each of the core factions so I can draw unsuspecting members of my gaming group into the storm zone and away from grimmer, darker places.  If I find an opponent in Scotland to fight at DW I'll gladly get a fleet for that too!

My favourite mini right now is probably one of the Ba'Kash cruisers or the Banshee, but I haven't really explored the other game systems yet so there's probably a gem in there somewhere

​ Hi, I am the owner/operator of Games HQ in Charlotte NC Am still fairly new to the game even after having it in the shop for almost a year. Wanted to get more involved with the game and try to share it with my customers. Been in business roughly 6 years as of today. Hope to help grow the games in my area and get interest up for them.

1.Which games produced by Spartan Games do you play?

Currently I am painting a Dystopian wars Federated States Naval Fleet. Am also looking at a fleet for Firestorm Armada. Havent really looked at Uncharted seas yet.

How long have you been playing these games?

Not long. I have had the rulebooks for almost 8 months and have just recently really been trying to find time to play the games. Fastest way to stop gaming? Open a gaming store, heh.

Where do you play?

At my shop in Charlotte NC.

Which fleets and armies do you own?

Federated States Of America

Which fleets and armies do you plan to add to your collection?

Dindrenzi, Zennian League, Prussians.

What is your favourite Spartan Games model?

That is a hard choice but I would have to say the John Henry Model.

Anything else you would like to tell the Spartan Games Community?

I hope to get to know more of you and to share my growth in the hobby and game with like minded people.

Hello, I'm a new Dystopian Wars player and avid Doctor Who fan (hence the username) who has barely played even a demo game but is already loving it.

My local store only just started stocking Dystopian Wars stuff (and nothing for Firestorm Armarda or Uncharted Seas), so they had a huge sale in order to build up a player base. I managed to snap up the core rulebook, card deck and an armoured Republique of France battlegroup, because I like France.

My faction ADD will probably take advantage of the Chinese Federation when they come out, even though I've just started the game. I'll eventually be drawn in by the Bone Griffons for US as well, as I love the ancient Greek style of their ships. That'll probably be my paint scheme, too - Athenian zombies.

As for a favourite model, it changes daily, sometimes hourly.

Looking forward to the community discussions!

Hello All, name is Derek (koyodude)

New to Dystopian Wars, but a veteran wargamer (primarily space combat).  Im in the DFW Texas area.  Hope to have pics of my first minis up soon.  (EotBS)

Thanks

Hey there gamers! Patimus here from the great state of Texas. I just recently discovered Spartan games myself. I currently play CoA in Dystopian Wars. Love the game and I'm sure I'll love it even more after I get in a few more games. I also have the Aquans for Firestorm Armada. I haven't played that one yet but I loved the look of those ships in particular and I'm looking forward to getting in a few games. I manage a small comic and game store in the Houston area and we're just introducing the game to our people here. I believe we have a total of 7 or 8 people wanting to play. Not a bad start. :)