Spartan Games

Introduce yourself

465 posts in this topic

Hi, i am Neratius aka Oliver

I started playing Firestorm: Armada, and i am playing it now for 4 weeks. I mostly play in my local game store where i work aswell or at home with friends. I just started a community here and we are happily pewpew ships to bits. I also do small painting commissions.

i own Sorylians and some smaller factions from the Kurak Alliance.

I really love the look of the Tarakians and my favorite model is definitly the Battleshipt from them. I am happy to look into a good future with much pewpew because spaceships are serious business.

greets

Captain_Dan likes this

Greetings! My name is Huai.

I talked Neratius into playing Firestorm Armada 4weeks ago, when we both started (i owned some models before, but never played).Our little Community of 4 admirals is located in Munich, Germany.

I am a proud spider-admiral who loves all his models, except for the flounder we call battleship^^. I plan to buy some Terrans soon, as more nuclear is always better! (And it can't hurt to have Kurak and Zenian fleets, so we don't have to play civil wars)

Cheers & happy lizard-hunting!

Welcome Huai and Neratius,

If you want to see a specific fleet in Action before you buy, just drop by at our Club evening, or we can Play on a saturday.
Our Group is just 100km of to the east, and we have all fleets available, the last 4-5 have to get colour.

You could also join our tournament on 20 May. 

regards

'Ey up! I'm ShortySL; 36 year-old Brit, owner of Halo Ground Command and Fleet Battles but player of neither due to a lack of players in my area. I'm friendly enough, so I'm told.

Favourite unit is currently the Orion-Class assault carrier; in a gunline style fleet like UNSC it's always nice to have a ship designed to power into the enemy and cause havoc!

Hi! I'm spanish and I discover your games 1 year ago, but two weeks ago I found a spanish community of FSA and I decided to start playing this game! At this moment I just play FSA, with a Sorylian fleet, but I would like to play to Dystopian wars too. :D

Gonmoa likes this

Hi there to everyone :)

I'm Robert and i've discovered Spartan games thanks to the Milan community! I'm an Italian retailer ( Voidgames is my store) who visits very often one of the biggest gaming places in all Milan: UESM. There i met with the small community which presented me week after week, more or less all the games Spartan produced! 

I have to say that all the games for now are awesome, It's difficult for me to choose one to play more than the other.. but since I'm playing steampunk and fantasy all the week, i think i'll go on Firestorm armada for the start! Currently I'm painting my demo table scenery for Firestorm, and I've purchased a Syndacate and a Relthoza fleet, together with the Overseer Starter :)

I have also baked the Dystopian wars Kickstarter and I have a medium CoA force at my disposal too!

Venter and Illidar like this

Hi, I'm Jack I've briefly played Firestorm in the past and had my interest rekindled lately seeing the new Terran models (new being a relative term, as I've not been about since the turn of 2nd Ed FSA) My local gaming club is in the middle of a narrative campaign and I'm looking forward to building, painting and using the new shiny models on the tabletop :)

Guten Tag,
please allow me to introduce myself. I am Freiherr von Schlitz. 29 years old and living in the south of the Prussian Empire.

A friend of mine and I just started with Dystopian Wars and looking forward to the new rule set! We also brought someone completely new to tabletop gaming and into Dystopian Wars.
Thanks Spartan for this great game and awesome miniatures. Keep up the work and release the new rules asap (may be this week or something like that ;) )

Freiherr von Schlitz

Good day all, this is about 3 years overdue, I just now noticed this.
Glad to meet you all, and to have a chance to talk about all this without derailing another post.

1. I play Dystopian Wars: Naval, Air, and Ground.  Preferably as part of a campaign since one off games feel like a waste of time.
  2. About three years, see above and pay attention :)
  3. I play at Mostly at Castle Drastab which is the game hub for my minions...err game group, formerly at the FLGS, till they went comic book only
  4. Favorite Spartan Games model: The Savannah Airship from the FSA, that is a bad looking piece, especially dolled up with proper nose art

5. Anything else you would like to tell the Spartan Games Community?
         Definitely yes!  you want to solve the slow game play problem, convert to D20 system, i can play games in half the time. 
          The dice fiddling is most of the slow down, lack of clear reference tables is the rest (working on that part)

6. Which fleets to I own: sit down and grab a drink this will take a while (in order of preference):
    Federated States- Naval, Aerial, & Ground
    New Roman Empire (renamed Italian States) - Naval, Aerial, & Ground (modified from tanks from an evil game)
    Prussian Empire - Naval, Aerial, & Ground
    Kingdom of Britannia - Naval, Aerial, & Ground
    Kingdom of Denmark - Naval and Aerial
    Black Wolf - Naval only (so far)
    Republic of France - Naval, Aerial, & Ground
    Empire of the Blazing Sun - Naval, Aerial, & Ground
    Covenant of Antarctica - Naval, Aerial, & Ground
    Russian Coalition - Naval, Aerial, & Ground
    East India Company - Naval plus one blimp
    Poland Lithuania - Ground only
    Merchant Ships
    Metric F-Ton of buildings, fortifications, the harbor, & airfield

Also pressed a group of older (on sale) Uncharted Seas ships into service as "pre-Sturginium ships" that work really well for 3rd world powers:
         Iron Dwarves = Western nation ships
         Shroud Mages = Eastern Ships
         Thaniras Elves = Ottomans (and much better ones in my opinion)
         Orcs = First Nations resistance (Native American Natives)

Hi! I'm Gonmoa, from Madrid Spain.

I recently started to play to Dystopian wars when I meet a small but very active community os players here.

I play mainly with the Indian Raj fleet (both naval and aerial), but I'm setting a Kingdom of Britannia fleet now.

Hi all, greetings from France, I'm Marden (or Axel on Dystopian World Kickstarter).

It's been a few years since I started to paint Dystopian War's models and with the recent Kickstarter I thought it could be a good opportunity to finally join the community and maybe be able to help fellow comrades or just to show my ships.

Speaking of wich, I actually have a pretty big Rof and EoTBS fleets (the last one being under a vast repainting plan) as well a Russian fleet, a Polish-Lithuanian fleet and the Corsican Incident Box.

I can't wait to have my hands on the upcoming Egyptians and Canadians. The Mandjet class battleship and Quebec class airship will surely end up as my favorites models.

I'm really looking forward the following of the alliances expansions, particularly the Wani, the Free Hellenic Kingdom and the custom kickstarter models (more please, more !).

Well, that it, all the best fellow commanders, space captains or other mad aliens :)

Greetings! I am the Hochmeister, or "High Master", of the legendary Teutonic Order, here to bring the wrath of a thousand thunderstorms down upon the enemies of my mighty and venerable order!

Okay, seriously though, I'm a big player of Dystopian Wars, and I have actually been playing for years, mostly as the Covenant of Antarctica. With the expansion of the Teutonic Order, I decided to get in on that. I also wondered why I wasn't part of the forums yet, so here I am. And while I do have more Covenant stuff than Teutonic stuff, I have chosen to personify the Knights. Mostly because knights are cool.

I also have some Directorate models in Planetfall, and plan on expanding into the Halo franchise soon, as I am a huge Halo fan.

Still+crusades+against+filthy+backward+folk+spreading+heresy+and+whatnot+_07f50a78dfefdc06147a6e75cef9ef69.jpg

Marden likes this

Hi, I'm Chris and I play Firestorm Armada. I just got into the game this month and own an Aquan fleet consisting of a dreadnought group, patrol group, battle cruiser group, frigate and corvette group, destroyer group and cruiser squadron. I'm looking to expand with Works Raptor and Syndicate and hope to become a Vanguard as I've been a Press Ganger for Privateer Press. My favorite model is the Medusa class dreadnought but I still haven't found one to aquire as of yet. I live and play in Indianapolis Indiana.