Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.
Mortimer

Mortimer's caribbean fleet

31 posts in this topic

I've started to finally finish my french fleet, as all the ships are only touched by base color and camo so I'm not playing with unpainted army :) Unfortunately I'm too stubborn to finish them in haste, so it takes me too much time to paint every ship... but I'm trying hard to make myself a quicker painter  :)

Cherbourg class battle cruiser L'Intrépid:

26112582_4_kax3g6x58b.jpg

Squadron of Requin class corvettes:

26112585_4_wynmny5h.jpg

Squadron of Alma class frigates

26112934_4_n0q98f.jpg

vonHymack, Cocolia, Urial and 1 other like this

I've also started with my merchant fleet so it'd used in our caribbean campaign.

Q-ship La' Liberté

26112583_4_koer7.jpg

Merchant ship Aleppo

26112933_4_ek892.jpg

Support carrier ship Texas

26112584_4_22x8ns.jpg

Urial likes this

Thx! I'm still considering if I should improve the carrier with something else,so it wouldn't be only so...greenish :-) Probably red or white line on the bottom....and probably stronger highlights on the bronze edges...

Very nice! Great job on those heat lances, and the bright colours on the hull work very well with the darker superstructure.

Thanks a lot! I'm always not satisfied with the result at the end of the painting procedure, but I've learned that I have to make a final touch in time and get over to another project to have a chance to finish rest of the fleet in 10 years :-D

Here's detail of the lance and engine.... I've used just detailed painted heat and drybrush as I don't have airbrush (not enough place to use it at home). I've also started to use a pigments to make my ships a little bit dirty  :)

26162397_4_7xbspf5i.jpg

Very nice indeed! Especially keen on the Merchant vessels, as there's a distinct dearth of painting threads concerning the non-nation specific vessels and installations. The second vessel (beginning from the foreground); really liking the green and red, and I think the use of grey on the housing of all three works particularly well, as does the little detailing differences (such as the white piping on the Aleppo).

Definitely setting the standard!

In regards to your use of pigments, is it impolitic to ask whose you're using and how you're getting on with them? Have noticed a certain, large company have recently released some 'Technical' paints for weathering, and was wondering if you'd use their Oxide on your metal work or if you'd gone for something more traditional such as Tamiya's 'makeup boxes' (for want of a better term)?

Thanks a lot! As I have rest of the merchant vessels still just primed and not painted, I need to consider what am I going to do with them...

Yeah, I'm using those large company's pigments  ;)  And they are pretty good, both of them - rusty and oxide. I never used another one, I've always improvised with the weathering, and I bought those just because I saw them in my local gaming club was curious about them.... so unfotunately  I cannot compare with another sort of pigments....

To add something new, there's a picture of my expeditionary force for one big battle for our local campaign... my fleet is partly finished, partly just primed, but I'm slowly working on full paint  :)

1011446_10202703892868892_1703198233_n.j

Sky_Admiral likes this

Just two quick pictures of two of my finished tanks - foucalt is being finished several weeks ago, belgian vehicle is a result of yesterda's relaxed evening...

26175747_4_j11849ztgb.jpg

26175748_4_3rt5s2.jpg

So, after long pause from painting, I've finally finished another two squads of my ships:

Magenta Mk. II. class battleship Le' Tonnant

26412212_1_vop54n2sd.jpg

Toulon class armoured cruisers Le Guerrier, Le Légionnaire and Le Vanqueur

26412215_1_nlibu9ca4n.jpg

Eisengratz likes this

Warcradle Studios are looking for active community members to support the forum upon its relaunch!
If you're interested, drop us an email at forum@warcradle.com.