Kaptyn Krys

Dystopian pics from Salute!

91 posts in this topic

Spartan & Co were down at salute today and had loads of new and up and coming dystopian models. My god they are amazing. Being a fan of the french I spent most of my time drooling over the new models for them but snapped a couple of pics of the others too.

SLo9bA7.jpg

Yt0rHf3.jpg

M4Z7sEV.jpg

CStswz5.jpg

mVicqMZ.jpg

Every thing has been spray coated grey. some bits are still metal. 

zWamyL2.jpg

grHc5CR.jpg

nAoBSWn.jpg

F1SDBTS.jpg

Mini french submarine! isn't it cute!  :wub:

9Ir8AIU.jpg

And this is where they appear to be launched from. Check out the crane on the front deck. This baby has mini subs, lots of ack ack, broadsides, turrets and mortar type things. I WANT IT NOW!

qm1FXWw.jpg

Spartan had very cunningly glued all the ships down so I couldn't run off with them.  :(

BasicBob, Galvainn, Youenn and 1 other like this

Are those resin turrets or just sprayed, I hope the big bomber thing is available on the store, it all looks amazing.

I think it´s just grey primed ( is it understable?)

This summer seems to be more expensive than I thought...

Between firestorm 2.0, dystopian 2.0 and firestorm; planetfall to come I'm going to be on a diet of baked beans and cup-a-soup for a while!

The Prussians look as though some have been given a resculpt....or they are the heavy battleship and a heavy cruiser. Either way they look very tasty :)

Have to say they look great apart from the Russian's stuff

What I want to know is EoBS the ship between the new cruiser and hvy battleship is it a new battleship or is it a battle cruiser because I really like it

fracas likes this

Yeah, thanks a lot for the pics. The primed ships are great for the indentification of the details on the new models. So the new Elbe Caries from the Prussians does indeed have some kinde of deflection mechanism for the unconvienently placed smoke stecks...

Regadring the new models i think France wins - again. The mini sub carrier is just awesome.

I place the Covenant second - their new ships are just great models.

Its getting difficult after this, so i place Prussians third. I like the carrier and the new bb look good, but since i am mainly a Prussian player i place them before the rest, which is also great, make no mistake. The only 2 factions i am not totally excited about are the Britains and the Russians - in my opinoin they havent changed that much.

edit:

The Prussians look as though some have been given a resculpt....or they are the heavy battleship and a heavy cruiser. Either way they look very tasty :)

There are some old ships between the new ones. As for the Prussians we can see:

new Elbe class carrier

new Heavy BB - yet to be named

old Königsberg class BC

new cruiser / cruiser reculpt

old corvette

old (or new?) frigate

Hmm...they're all nice. All save one model really. What is wrong with the french..thing? The heavy cruiser? cruiser? right after cherbourg. It's fat, round and with extremely high platforms for turrets. And stubby, fat, short turrets that look just wrong. I just don't know what happened there. The brits look equally underwhelming, but that's hardly suprising given their general design (plain to be charitable). The rest is absolutely great, I even love the new prussians, which previously were along with brits among the boring stuff.

The new Russian ships are not ugly per se.. but also nothing new - their plain boring

I really hoped for new large button - like Nowgorods but in large size

Awesome pics Kaptain Krys! Thank you for sharing them. Looks like I'm committing to the French as my next fleet once I get all the KoB goodies

I think they are all great. Such wonderful leaps in designs from previous models. I'm really stuck now. I have an Empire force already, and once owned FSA. I might have to buy the new starter and just keep both sets of ships!

I'm liking the modular japanese cruiser.  Can't wait to see what the second option in the picture is.  Also dying to know what's the ship to the right of the new japanese battleship.